Deal fpr Darko? (split)

• Thread starter West_Gunslinger16
  • Start date
W

West_Gunslinger16

Anyone in favor of getting Darko? I saw a Magic-Pistons game and he really smoked Rasheed Wallace in that game. He even BLOCKED Rasheed when Rasheed was trying to do a 3-pointer! But sadly he played only for small mins. But I bet that was his best mins. of his career. He didn't deserved that 2nd pick overall but he deserves atleast in late first-round. Anyway, in that game Rasheed can't stop Darko.

If Kasun is still in Orlando would you do this?

Kings get:
Kasun, Milicic and Arroyo (I want Howard!)

Magic gets:
Miller, Thomas and Hart

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
West_Gunslinger16 said:
Anyone in favor of getting Darko? I saw a Magic-Pistons game and he really smoked Rasheed Wallace in that game. He even BLOCKED Rasheed when Rasheed was trying to do a 3-pointer! But sadly he played only for small mins. But I bet that was his best mins. of his career. He didn't deserved that 2nd pick overall but he deserves atleast in late first-round. Anyway, in that game Rasheed can't stop Darko.

If Kasun is still in Orlando would you do this?

Kings get:
Kasun, Milicic and Arroyo (I want Howard!)

Magic gets:
Miller, Thomas and Hart
1. Why would Orlando make that deal?

2. Kasun's contact expires at the end of the "year" (July 1, I think), before trades can be made.

3. The salaries don't remotely match up; we could do Milicic and Arroyo for Miller straight up, but there's no *way* that Orlando would go for that.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Orlando wouldn't go for Miller, K-9 and Hart for Milicic and Arroyo? What a bunch of hard-asses!

West_Gunslinger16 said:
Orlando wouldn't go for Miller, K-9 and Hart for Milicic and Arroyo? What a bunch of hard-asses!
Then Miller for Howard & some scrubs to make it work $ wise. That guy is such a stud, with unbelievable potential. With Artest & Bonzi and Howard, Bibby and SAR we have a awesome lineup.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
West_Gunslinger16 said:
Orlando wouldn't go for Miller, K-9 and Hart for Milicic and Arroyo?
Perhaps you missed the part where I pointed out that the salaries don't match up: Orlando couldn't do that deal if they wanted to, and I can't imagine why they would want to: Miller makes slightly more than Arroyo and Milicic *combined*. Throw in Thomas and Hart and that's another eight and a half *million* dollars.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Oh yeah! I just forgot to edit. But who cares? I forgot to say just add another player who has a slight large salary. Many choices. Steve Augmon, Tony Battie? If there's something wrong again just disregard the whole "Orlando-Sacramento" thing then.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
West_Gunslinger16 said:
Oh yeah! I just forgot to edit. But who cares? I forgot to say just add another player who has a slight large salary. Many choices. Steve Augmon, Tony Battie? If there's something wrong again just disregard the whole "Orlando-Sacramento" thing then.
*Stacey* Augmon's contact expires at the end of the "year," before players can be traded.

Battie doesn't work, salary-wise.

The only deal that works if you insist on including Thomas and Hart is Miller/Thomas/Hart for Turkoglu/Milicic/Arroyo/Dooling (or Stevenson). You'd have about as good a chance of getting Howard and Nelson. In fact, the *only* way that I can imagine your deal could possibly work is if you're operating under the belief that the *only* players which Orlando has under contract that they want to keep are Howard and Nelson.