Deadline rumor central...

There's an article on another (unmentionable) Kings board about how the Kings “have had some interest” in Maurice Harkless. Please, no. I like what Amick is saying about the Kings and their interest in draft picks and free agency in 2019. Harkless is young, but he has a huge contract in proportion to his production.

I feel like everyone agrees Papagiannis and Richardson are pretty expendable at this point. Not much room for those two on the roster.

Also, I am glad to hear that we are still in talks with the Cavs about Hill. Hopefully we end up getting their first rounder if the deal goes through.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Papa and Malachi were always the two odd men out, they simply don't show much in the time they do play and there are too many players in front of them at this moment. I'm all for acquiring another draft pick, maybe try to nab one from the 2019 draft. Who are the top free agents in the summer of 2019?

Papa and Malachi were always the two odd men out, they simply don't show much in the time they do play and there are too many players in front of them at this moment. I'm all for acquiring another draft pick, maybe try to nab one from the 2019 draft. Who are the top free agents in the summer of 2019?
Notable 2019 Free agents include:

Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Eric Bledsoe

And restricted free agents:

D’Angelo Russell
Devin Booker
Kristaps Porzingis
Karl-Anthony Towns
Myles Turner
Kelly Oubre

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Notable 2019 Free agents include:

Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Eric Bledsoe

And restricted free agents:

D’Angelo Russell
Devin Booker
Kristaps Porzingis
Karl-Anthony Towns
Myles Turner
Kelly Oubre
so in other words, most of the teams that hold those players rights won't allow their players to hit the free agency market until they come out and say they want to test it out

There's an article on another (unmentionable) Kings board about how the Kings “have had some interest” in Maurice Harkless. Please, no. I like what Amick is saying about the Kings and their interest in draft picks and free agency in 2019. Harkless is young, but he has a huge contract in proportion to his production.
Harkless contract is not that bad, I think he has 2 years at about 10.5 mil per year remaining. He is a serviceable full size small forward, potential 3 and D guy.

But, if Portland is doing this as a salary dump, I would trade VC and ask for a Portland 1st round pick with Harkless.

Since Detroit is going all in on the win now mode, with the Blake Griffin trade and trading SF Tobias Harris, I can see them having some interest in a win now vet like Garrett Temple.

How about Garrett Temple for Stanley Johnson?

Since Detroit is going all in on the win now mode, with the Blake Griffin trade and trading SF Tobias Harris, I can see them having some interest in a win now vet like Garrett Temple.

Temple doens't have enough size to be a SF. Since they traded Tobias Harris, they have a hole at SF. This means they believe in Stanley Johnson developing, or maybe they'll flip Johnson for another SF.

Harkless contract is not that bad, I think he has 2 years at about 10.5 mil per year remaining. He is a serviceable full size small forward, potential 3 and D guy.

But, if Portland is doing this as a salary dump, I would trade VC and ask for a Portland 1st round pick with Harkless.
See his stats. He’s seriously underperforming for a guy with an $11 million contract. Or maybe he’s one of those guys who’s stats don’t reflect their true value? I’d rather give Sampson a legit shot.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's very interesting to me that there are so few rumors out there regarding any potential trades involving the Kings. Not because we have no one to trade but because it's pretty apparent Vlade is keeping things VERY close to the chest and any possible deals are not being leaked. Nice to see what a competent GM can do as far as not doing business via rumors and social media. (Yes, I'm talking about you, PDA.)

See his stats. He’s seriously underperforming for a guy with an $11 million contract. Or maybe he’s one of those guys who’s stats don’t reflect their true value? I’d rather give Sampson a legit shot.
That is why I would require a 1st round pick from Portland if we took him in a trade.

He has some skills, but he has fallen out of favor in Portland, he was better utilized last year. But he can definitely be a good bench player, if nothing else. We would also get a 1st round pick for him, if I were to take on his salary.

It's very interesting to me that there are so few rumors out there regarding any potential trades involving the Kings. Not because we have no one to trade but because it's pretty apparent Vlade is keeping things VERY close to the chest and any possible deals are not being leaked. Nice to see what a competent GM can do as far as not doing business via rumors and social media. (Yes, I'm talking about you, PDA.)
The leaks have definitely been stemmed under Vlade's leadership. I also think that there is no desperation from the Kings side to make a deal. I'm sure they are exploring trades, but given the developing state of our youth and short contracts of the Vets there is no rush to make major changes. Unless there are stars available I see the FO being patient and exploratory in looking for good deals.

Hey don't be questioning that secret PDA sauce. Sometimes you look back at what has happened to our team and it's pretty amazing that we fans are still here

Rockets interested in Hill?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248887/Rockets-Interested-In-Trading-For-George-Hill

Speculate Anderson as the return.

The Kings and Cavaliers have discussed a deal involving Hill for several weeks.
Anderson has one extra year at $21,264,637 vs Hill's 1 million guarantee.

The only prospect I'd think we could get is intriguing, but mediocre in Troy Williams.

They can't trade a first until 2020 unless they somehow got another one before making this trade.

But remember they were trying to get him to us earlier.

Can't see this happening unless a third team gave us a pretty dang good perk, and that's not likely.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Anderson has one extra year at $21,264,637 vs Hill's 1 million guarantee.

The only prospect I'd think we could get is intriguing, but mediocre in Troy Williams.

They can't trade a first until 2020 unless they somehow got another one before making this trade.

But remember they were trying to get him to us earlier.

Can't see this happening unless a third team gave us a pretty dang good perk, and that's not likely.
If I read this site (link) correctly they can't trade a pick until 2026, which is to say they can't trade a pick at all. They could offer a whole bunch of pick swaps (conditional on the pick not being conveyed to Atlanta in any particular year) but that's about it. But we'd be paying something like $21.5M for those pick swaps, so we'd better like Ryan Anderson.

I do like Troy Williams, but I'm not sure if I like him that much.

If I read this site (link) correctly they can't trade a pick until 2026, which is to say they can't trade a pick at all. They could offer a whole bunch of pick swaps (conditional on the pick not being conveyed to Atlanta in any particular year) but that's about it. But we'd be paying something like $21.5M for those pick swaps, so we'd better like Ryan Anderson.

I do like Troy Williams, but I'm not sure if I like him that much.
Yeah Troy isn't worth that salary alone if you ask me either, but still intriguing, just not enough.

No they can trade their pick in 2020, got a first going out to Atlanta this year, no future first obligations besides that unless it hit protections top 3 which aint happening.

I think it can be phrased appropriately and traded.

http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1162002/

While Hill is the most intriguing trade piece, the Kings have received inquiries about veterans Garrett Temple, Vince Carter and Kosta Koufos, all of whom are relative bargains with salaries of around $8 million. Koufos and Temple both have player options on their deals for next season.

Can't seem to be able to read the Bee source, if it's Poison I won't trust it.
I am actually not surprised by this at all.

All 3 are productive reliable vets that play off teams love and they don't cost a fortune in terms of money.

I was thinking the other day that for a team like the OKC, Temple would just about be a perfect replacement for Roberson and he would not cost them much at all.

Kosta and Vince are pretty much in the same category, great locker room guys, good defenders, reliable team first players and don't cost a fortune. All are practically expiring deals.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think, based on the posts about him, pretty much everybody is happy with Vince Carter. Keeping him here isn't up to us, however. He's made it pretty clear he wants to end his career back in Toronto and I think that's what he'll do when the time is right. I don't know about anybody else, but I'll be very thankful for the time he spent here and cherish the fact I saw Vinsanity in person. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah Troy isn't worth that salary alone if you ask me either, but still intriguing, just not enough.

No they can trade their pick in 2020, got a first going out to Atlanta this year, no future first obligations besides that unless it hit protections top 3 which aint happening.

I think it can be phrased appropriately and traded.
The problem is that, as long as the info on realgm is correct, the pick is protected for picks 1-3 all the way through 2023 and then unprotected in 2024. Now, we "know" that Houston isn't going to be in the lottery this year and the pick is like 99.99999% going to convey this year, but that's just not good enough. The league won't allow them to trade their 2020 right now, not the way it stands right now.

Now, it might be possible for Houston to make a trade with Atlanta where they remove the protections on this year's pick. However, first-round draft picks can't be traded for money alone, there has to be another pick or player involved, I don't think Houston can simply try to pay Atlanta off in the "Hey, you know this is conveying this year, we'll pay you $100K to remove the protections and auto-convey it this year so we can trade a future first" fashion. They could try some low-level player swap that's in Atlanta's favor in order to remove the protections. I don't know if there's a deal that would be worth it to them, though. It's a thought. But as it stands right now, they don't have a pick to trade, even though we "know" they pick to Atlanta will convey this year.

Detroit is not trading Stanley Johnson, he is looking pretty good for them since Blake's trade.