Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Shannon Brown gets the big phantom call against JT

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Stop playing the blame game, if you lead by 20 you should win

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down to lala land until the 12th. No threads from me during that time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Facepalm* ---------- :mad:

How could anyone not see Kobe's dagger coming? I'd like to stuff that game into the overfilled conspiracy evidence filing cabinet and move on. Not really allowed, but I wish I could. I hope that this heart breaker does not end up adversely effecting our guys' confidence.

It's so fun to start off the new decade in the same way that we spent the early part of the previous decade, isn't it? Struggling against the league's golden boy franchise. I want to take the high road, I would like to avoid pointing fingers and not play the blame game.

I just can't:

Shannon Brown trips over his own feet = phantom call
Bryant goes all MJ and pushes off to free up for the game winner = no call
Hawes cleanly defends Gasol (hands straight up) = phantom call
Two Kings foul out - No laker gets more than three fouls
Kings attempt 16 FT's in the game - lakers attempt 29

When will the inequity end? The lakers have the league's only 3 zebra rotation, and to beat them you have to completely squash them. The Kings just couldn't do it...

I will grant this, however: The lakers stepped up their D in the second half of the game and Kobe did what super hall of famers do - will their team to win. It's just too bad that I can almost never point to a close Kings loss to the lakers and say, "The lakers played a great game and there is no doubt in my mind that they deserved that win."

Awards:

TDM - Nobody deserves this. How about Rodney Mott? Stern will make sure he gets the game ball for helping perpetuate the legend of Kobe and enabling superstar highlight #30 trillion.

LW-VC - Andrew Bynum. Spencer wiped the Staples center floor with son of Hakeem. Do it again!

JHA - Jason Thompson. Huh? What was that?

SAR / Methuselah - Ime gets it for being old and experienced enough to hit his free throws and not doing so.

RA&1 - I don't think anyone really deserves this either. Maybe Shannon Brown if the phantom call ends up being a turnover.

WTF moment(s) of the game - For me? I can't say WTF to any call or non-call that falls in favor of the lakers anymore. I can get mad about it, but after nine years of that crap I've adjusted. I just figure if you hold a twenty point lead you should win the game.

There's this great thing about the NBA: The games just keep right on coming. No more time to dwell on the loss, here come the Mavs. The Mavs are fresh off of a loss to the surprising Houston rockets, they also get the days rest that the Kings could so desperately use. So we have two teams that just lost close games squaring off to prove that they're actually better than their last performance indicates. But the Mavs are relatively healthy and rested. Not good.

If you are a new fan of the Kings, you will quickly come to realize that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be able to get used to rooting for a team without an injured key contributor. Our best teams have been the ones that rise up in the face of adversity, overcome the loss of key players, and surprise the experts who continuously write us off with gritty, inspired play. This game against Dallas calls for such a performance.

Predictions:

Kings 102 - Mavs 99

Pts: Casspi 22 - Nowitzki 29
Rbds: Hawes 8 - Dampier 10
Asst: Udrih 8 - Kidd 11
Blocks: Greene 3 - Dampier 2

Probable Starters:

Kings - Mavericks

Udrih - Kidd: I see Udrih continuing his stellar play. Kidd will still try to get 20 assists.
Greene - Barrea: Dontezilla is due to show up again.
Casspi - Marion: Casspi will have a bit of a struggle at first, but I have faith.
Thompson - Nowitzki: Despite JT's flameout, I expect a stat sheet filler night from these polar opposites.
Hawes - Dampier: Let's hope super Spencer is here to stay.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a contingent of Kings Fans members in attendance, represent fellas! Let's hope for bounce back win!

GO KINGS!!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to be at this game so hopefully we get a win and don't get this game ripped away by the garbage refs. I feel like vomiting right now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The game against the Mavericks is going to be a true test of the heart and resolve of our young Kings. Coming off yet another heart-breaking game that they had a chance to win is tough any time. When it's a game against the Lakers and the lead in a back-to-back, it's even harder.

Do not be surprised if the Kings come out a little flat. The other alternative is that they come out with more fire and torch the Mavs. Of the two, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the latter.

GO KINGS!!!

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Nowitzski vs Thompson, will Thompson implode? Will he foul out? Will he shoot the ball into his own basket? TOMORROW WE FIND OUT

Nowitzski vs Thompson, will Thompson implode? Will he foul out? Will he shoot the ball into his own basket? TOMORROW WE FIND OUT
He will come out and get 20/10.

Tonight was not his night. Tough match up with Pau and by the 3rd, his confidence was long gone. Was starting to get it back with a couple of nice boards but then was forced to leave.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
After tonight's game, I think they might have to duct tape Evans to his locker to keep him from playing tomorrow against the Mavs...

Coach said in pregame with Grant that most likely he will not play tomorrow night.

Alot changes in a day, but take it for what it's worth.

I vaguely remember reading something about him missing the game so he could fully take advantage of a long weekend to get it all the way healthy. Rather have that than Grant Hill 2.0. *Knocking on every wooden surface in my house, repeatedly*

I'm seriously just longing for the day where JT and Hawes have good games together. When was the last time that happened? Our two bigs have the ability offensively to score anywhere on the floor collectively, and Hawes makes it better with his passing. It's just too bad that when one has a good game the other seems to be useless.

btw ryan props for all the game threads man. Just wanna say thanks and keep up the good work

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Noticed this in the post game writeup for the Lakers game:

The Kings nearly came away with the victory even without rookie sensation Tyreke Evans (right ankle), who said he will be ready for Dallas on Saturday, for the third straight game.
Which is very good news = after such a heartbreaker we need a boost and some reinforcements to help regain focus.

In a good way, my WTF moment of the game was standing up screaming "Hawes is a beast!" He sure did deserve a win last night.

In my opinion, the Kobe push was the same as the smack in the nose Bibby got in 2002 - Just the drumroll at the end of a bad joke.

Last edited:
The same article said the anke was still sore but not as bad as it has been... he said he would play. Im going to this game I hope he does as long as he doesnt hurt it

I'm kind of nervous about this one. I hate the way the Maverick's (mostly Dirk) play ball, but it's very effective in the regular season. My folks are going to the game tonight (their first Kings game ever), so for their sake I hope the Kings pull it off.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm a bit nervous about this game, however, I have a certain confidence that my boys will come through for me.

I will be attending the game. My guys are 5 of 5 with me in attendance this year (6 of 6 if you include the preseason game I attended). Don't break my streak, guys. I want a fun, hard fought victory tonight. Besides, I hate Dirk and Mark Cuban. You just gotta get me a win.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the Kings get the edge in this one, partially because it's a Kingsfans.com event and partially because they've got pride to go along with their heart and hustle and they are not going to let last night's loss carry over to today.

My only concern is the adrenalin factor - JT especially will be out to prove that last night was an abomination - and I hope Westphal is able to keep the emotions of the players in check.

GO KINGS!!!!

JT posted this on his twitter account:

Wow. On to the Next OnE on EVERYTHIN that happened in the Game Last nite. Got to Move on n go to Work on the Mavs tonight. Adversity!!
That's right JT, forget about last night. Let's go Kings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.