CSNW Now Available on DirectTv

This morniong before coming to work I flipped the channel to 656 and CSNW is there and working. YESSSSSSSS!!!!! Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I do not get blacked out.

I turned to 656 on my direct TV and I get the funny Comcast Logo but i get that message "For Ordering Information, Please Call Customer Service, ext 721. AND I LIVE IN FRIGGIN SOUTH SACRAMENTO!!!!

So I call Direct TV and they said that I had to order the Sports Package in order to get the Sacramento Regional Network EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN FRIGGIN SOUTH SACRAMENTO. :confused: .

I ordered the package, because I love the Kings..... THEY GOT ME BY THE kahonas. I give up.:mad:

Not sure if the RSN's are included with a Total Choice package--you may need to also have the Local Channels package. Do you have that Purple?

I just got off the phone with DTV.

Channel 656 is a RSN. RSN's are NOT included with Total Choice. If you do not want to buy it ala carte by adding the "Sports Pack" the other option would be to get the Total Choice "Premier" package.

The pricing is the same as if you were buying any other premium channel(HBO, Show, etc.) They gave me a $10 per month(for the first 6 months) discount on my Sports Pack, only stipulation is I am obligated to stay with DTV for the next year. This price balances out to about $6 per month.

Only thing I'm worrying about now, is if they black me out for whatever reason...:rolleyes:

Hope this helps anyone...

My parents have Directv and Total Choice and they get Fox Sports Chicago included for free. They do not have the "sports pack".

I'll call them right now and check to see they are still receiveing it.

I just checked and my parents are receiving channels 639 (Fox Sports Chicago) and 640 (Comcast SportsNet Chicago) with just Total Choice subscription. Unless directv changed policy on this in last year or so and my parents have some kind of a "grandfathered" package this should be true.

Sports Pack will include all RSNs , not just your local ones. Total Choice Premier includes sports pack and hence includes all RSNs, but your local RSNs should be available with any package you have from Directv.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good luck, qd...

In my dealings the last couple of days, I've found the least reliable information comes from the customer service people, who usually aren't familiar with the area and don't have a clue about recent developments.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

;)

insyder, I believe Fairfiield is in the Warriors Territory. I hope I am wrong and you get the game. If not, you should be able to get the game via the NBA League Pass. I know, more money. Anyway, I am in Vacaville and am hoping they don't black the game here. I have the LP and all the games so far have been blacked out, except the 1 game on Channel 10. We will just have to see what happens at 7 o'clock.

I have the Total Choice package with local channels and I am receiving the station. I live in Rocklin. Will it be blacked out at 7:00pm?

gbubar said:
insyder, I believe Fairfiield is in the Warriors Territory. I hope I am wrong and you get the game. If not, you should be able to get the game via the NBA League Pass. I know, more money. Anyway, I am in Vacaville and am hoping they don't black the game here. I have the LP and all the games so far have been blacked out, except the 1 game on Channel 10. We will just have to see what happens at 7 o'clock.
Right.

Fairfield's "home" BB team is the Warriors. So I believe MY RSN would be Fox Sports Net Bay Area. Next town over, Vacaville has the Kings as their "home" team. So CSNW should be your RSN, and may be free for you.

I was going to get LP, but the blackouts you get because of local coverage make LP useless to me.

Check channel 656, you may already be getting it.

I have TOTAL CHOICE PLUS with Locals and HBO and I get 656 just fine. Something about Oregon State football is on right now.