Continued discussion of the Monk/Matthews altercation (split from the 1/13 Kings/Rockets [Game] thread}

I'd love to have Mathews on the Kings. I love his edge and his game. I think Sabonis would welcome him with open arms. I don't know about Monk though.:D
Sure you can love his edge but his game kinda suck. He’s 26 year shooting guard averaging 4 ppg shooting 35 percent overall. He’s not going to beat out any of our guards outside of maybe Keon Ellis

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Sure you can love his edge but his game kinda suck. He’s 26 year shooting guard averaging 4 ppg shooting 35 percent overall. He’s not going to beat out any of our guards outside of maybe Keon Ellis
I don't know. He may "beat" them real good.

Garrison Mathews is 2-8 against the Kings in his career, with his team losing by an average of 8 points. To the 2019-2023 Kings! We should play against him every game!
maybe that explains why he was so dirty this week. I don't want guys getting hurt or facing suspensions because of his play.

We can't afford to lose Monk if Huerter is still out. I wouldn't be surprised if NBA gives him 2-3 games.

Have we gotten a full explanation on what the hell the reasoning was for all that last night?

I was just standing at my seat in disbelief. Their explanation did not make any sense.
It blows my mind that two guys left Houston's bench and were not disciplined.

I think it should have been double techs to all thrown out and there should have also been a clear path or transition take on the initial so at least one FT and the ball. Did we even get the inbounds at the end of the fracas? I only remember Houston going on a small uh-oh run until we decided to throttle the f out of them. Kind of reminded me of the time Ainge and Ralph had their thing and Houston played their best game of the 86 finals in the aftermath before the Celtics wiped them out. Thankfully that lasted 3 minutes or less.

maybe that explains why he was so dirty this week. I don't want guys getting hurt or facing suspensions because of his play.

We can't afford to lose Monk if Huerter is still out. I wouldn't be surprised if NBA gives him 2-3 games.
I don't see Monk getting suspended for that. There were no punches thrown and him knocking the ball out of Matthews hands was just a T.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
At least Chimezie Metu was let off without a fine.
Yeah, but he was ejected from the game. His ejection isn't mentioned in the press release, even though the others were. You would think they would at least mention his ejection and then clarify what the result is (no fine, T rescinded, or ???).

To me this means that Metu shouldn't have been ejected. One of the game announcers or maybe it was a twitter person suggested it was Metu that bumped the official.

I'm just glad there is no further on court discipline to either of them. Matthews should probably be given a few nights off based on Wed and Fri in total.

Metu’s involvement came much later than the initial altercation…I didn’t even notice it live. Maybe the league‘s review didn’t cover enough and he saves some $$.

It blows my mind that two guys left Houston's bench and were not disciplined.
You and me both.

As soon as I saw those two clowns on the floor I knew they were suspended. Because that’s been the hard rule for decades.

Except it’s that not now, for some unfathomable reason.

Sad thing is, you KNOW that had a KINGS player come off the bench the outcome would have been different…..

To me this means that Metu shouldn't have been ejected. One of the game announcers or maybe it was a twitter person suggested it was Metu that bumped the official.
I'm with you. Seems like something the refs should've been able to get right after literally 10 full minutes of looking at replays and tawking amongst themselves.