Congrats to Barry Bonds on 700

OMG that was freaking awesome. i was lucky enough to score tickets to the game. i sat on the field level in LF right near bonds. the person who sold em to me was running late, so i arrived at the staduim during the first inning, and ran through the parking lot to get to my seats. i heard that he got hit by a pitch in his first PA, and i have never been happier to hear someone get hit by a pitch before in my life!!!! i was thinking ah hell no, he better not hit 700 while i'm in the freaking parking lot.

so he comes up to bat, there is an electric aura in the crowd, we all stand up going BARRY BARRY BARRY. tons of people, myself included, had the video camera's on, ( mine a digital camera) strike one, then he swings, it's in the air, it's going back, payton or klesko ( i was so caught up in the moment i honestly don't know which one it was) jumps up and IT'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy hades he has DONE IT!!!!!!!!! i start screaming my lungs out, the fireworks go off, the new signs are unveiled, the streamers pop up, and the crowd errupts and roars into the night. bonds gets asked for a curtain call, and he gives it. JT is annouced to go, no one really cares, they just keep on cheering and celebrating. we just didn't want the moment to end.

he got a huge standing O when he came back out on the field and his other AB's.

what an awesome moment that was. and this time i got it on video ;) i was at 660, but didn't have the digital camera and only took some regular pictures.

WTG bonds, and what a pleasure it is to see history with every swing of the bat.

Evenstar said:
OMG that was freaking awesome. i was lucky enough to score tickets to the game. i sat on the field level in LF right near bonds. the person who sold em to me was running late, so i arrived at the staduim during the first inning, and ran through the parking lot to get to my seats. i heard that he got hit by a pitch in his first PA, and i have never been happier to hear someone get hit by a pitch before in my life!!!! i was thinking ah hell no, he better not hit 700 while i'm in the freaking parking lot.

so he comes up to bat, there is an electric aura in the crowd, we all stand up going BARRY BARRY BARRY. tons of people, myself included, had the video camera's on, ( mine a digital camera) strike one, then he swings, it's in the air, it's going back, payton or klesko ( i was so caught up in the moment i honestly don't know which one it was) jumps up and IT'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy hades he has DONE IT!!!!!!!!! i start screaming my lungs out, the fireworks go off, the new signs are unveiled, the streamers pop up, and the crowd errupts and roars into the night. bonds gets asked for a curtain call, and he gives it. JT is annouced to go, no one really cares, they just keep on cheering and celebrating. we just didn't want the moment to end.

he got a huge standing O when he came back out on the field and his other AB's.

what an awesome moment that was. and this time i got it on video ;) i was at 660, but didn't have the digital camera and only took some regular pictures.

WTG bonds, and what a pleasure it is to see history with every swing of the bat.
Cool! Lucky you evenstar! I saw the game on the tube. Wish I was there! I havent even been there yet dag nabbit.

Show us some stills I want to see..lol

congrads Barry eventhough you can be a jerk at times.:p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Woohoo to my favorite player!!

Okay, this next part is for those who remember a few years back:

One of my favorite Giants players (besides the Say Hey Kid) was Bobby Bonds. He was such a gentleman, as well as good player helping the Giants be a team to remember. Well, when his son, Barry, was old enough to play (in school) everyone in the know said that he would be better than dad, and every bit as good as his famous Godfather (the Great Willie Mays). So, it was with great anticipation that this (me) baseball fan awaited the arrival of the next Willie Mays to the Major Leagues. As luck would have it, he played for the Pirates in the East. Blech! But, I still followed this young man's start in baseball. He and Bobby Bonilla were the Pirates' team at that time.

When Barry became a free agent and signed with the Giants, I was the happiest fan in baseball. I still am!! My beliefs in this kid have been realized far beyond even my wildest dreams...no thanks to the jerk managers who will not pitch to him even with no one on base. Barry holds many records today, some of which may never be broken. His # of walks records are obscene.

Now, I await Barry's home run hitting to pass the Immortal Babe Ruth. Then, if it is to be, he might pass Hank Aaron (another of my all-time favorites even before he became the Home Run Leader). Whether he ever has the opportunity to catch Aaron in Home Runs, Barry has become the greatest player to ever grace the sport of baseball (IMHO)....the sport I grew up with so many years ago.

Life is good as a fan of the game of baseball!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Evenstar, although I am envious that I could not witness this wonderful event myself (in person), I thank you for such a great account of the occasion. Your reaction mirrors what mine would have been...had I been there. Hey, for that matter, I was screaming and jumping up and down in my living room when it was announced on ESPN.

That was awsome. The goal set by him and his trainer for the year was 700 so thats why he said "now i can sleep" because now anything more is just a bonus. He will not retire till be breaks Hanks record unless he is forced to leave due to injury. I hope I see him this morning! :)

Congrats Barry! :D

Like vj said, no matter what you think of him off court, you have to recognize this historic and truly great occasion. Good for him, good for the home crowd and good for the Giants to get another win.

talk about not wasting any time. now that was a SHOT! deepest park of the yard. that was cool. i wasn't there, but i did watch it on TV. it's too bad schmidty couldn't keep it together and that after the HM the offense took the day off :( bummer, i was hoping schmidt would win the cy young this year. it doesn't look like it's going to happen :( :( :(

a lot of coulda woulda shoulda goin around... the bottom line is that he is going to get walked, and unless all of a sudden he loses the unnatural ability to hit every pitch out of the yard, he's not going to stop getting walked. if he keeps playing and staying moderately healthy, he is no doubt going to pass hank. what would help him is if he got traded to an AL team, because then he could DH. i love barry, but i don't think he'll be able to be very effective in the outfield if he decides to play 3-4 more seasons.

Grobar said:
a lot of coulda woulda shoulda goin around... the bottom line is that he is going to get walked, and unless all of a sudden he loses the unnatural ability to hit every pitch out of the yard, he's not going to stop getting walked. if he keeps playing and staying moderately healthy, he is no doubt going to pass hank. what would help him is if he got traded to an AL team, because then he could DH. i love barry, but i don't think he'll be able to be very effective in the outfield if he decides to play 3-4 more seasons.
As soon as he breaks Hanks record he will retire. Thats what he has said....

but im assuming that if the Giants are the Yankees or Red Sox of this year in 3 years then he might stay and try to get his championship.