Confessions of a Fomer Monarchs Fan

Will You Continue to Follow the WNBA Now that the Monarchs are Gone?

• Total voters
I have to admit that now that the Monarchs are gone, I do not know if I will be an adamant follower of the WNBA any more. I have been a sports fan all of my life, particularly the game of basketball. But part of my sports DNA is having a local team to support, root and invest in. That is why I have never been a fan of the NHL. Growing up in SF, hockey just was not in my urban culture. And once I moved to Sacramento, I never embraced the game.

Now that the WNBA is gone from this particular market, my interest in the league is going to be severly tested. I absolutely looked forward to my summers that was filled with Monarchs Basketball. Shoot I even made a trip one time around a Monarchs East Coast trip http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13767

But now that the team is gone and there is no Bay Area team, somebody help me to support this league from a distance without a vested interest. I am open for any and all suggestions and reasons to. I want to support, i want to follow, but I admit it is going to be difficult.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
As long as Atlanta still has a team, I'll still watch; it's something for me and my pops to bond over.

Not nearly the same, though. :(

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
It is absolutely important to me to support women's professional sports. I need to believe that one day women's sports on a professional level will be available and accessible to the young girls growing up today. It may take time, but if Monarchs fans all give up on the WNBA it will just continue to set women's sports back, and I don't want to see that happen.

I know it may sound weird, but I think I'll be following the W more now. I'll be watching and checking box scores of every team that has one of our ladies on it this year. In the West, I'll probably follow the Lynx the most and in the East I've liked the Dream from day one.