Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
On January the 6th 2002 Kings beat Bucks 115 - 101 to improve to 26-9 at that point of the season. After trailin for the whole first half - Kings used the 3rd quarter do decide the game. Pedja scored 29 pts. Webber had yet another tripple double 28/12/10. Vlade had 8/13/5. bobby had 22 and DC had 19 pts. Hedo was the only player from the bench to score 9 pts. RA played his famous 6 man rotation and it paid off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kings 12-18 had their hard earned 2 games winning streak of the season snapped at home where they are only 8-10. Also after the Rockets won last night Kings only better than Portland for the second last record in the Westren conference. Kings still only 3 games away from the 8 spot which at this moment wouldn't mean pretty much nothing. Things not looking good in any way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In sports in general and in Basketball in particular a good mixture usually prevails over talent unless the talent is just too great. Many examples here. US man basketball team is the most talented and yet has not won anything since 2000. Pistons beat Lakers 2 years ago etc. Well, Kings have both issues. Mixture seams to suck and honestly there is not that much talent around anymore. It needs to be fixed - that is obvious. The hard part is - how ? Decisions have to be made and it can go both ways. Kings have to figure out who is going to coach next season. This season is pretty much done and if the "new coach" gets another bad mix - so is the next. Also I don't see any "important" free agents coming to SAC either. So Kings have to trade and lot too. One trade will not get it done. Bottomline - It can't get much worse because there is no difference in being 9 or last in the conference. Some will argue that it is better to be last but then again - lottery is lottery and Kings and luck don't mix.
Shots did not fall and Kings lost. Heard that one before ? Kings had a lead and lost everything in 5 minutes. Sounds just like a typicall Las Vegas story. Igoudala & Dalambert combined pulled a Tony Delk of gigantic proportions while Kings watched. Bench did not exist again and when Brad stopped hitting - the fat lady ...
Webber has a very solid game. Great offensively - compliments of the Kings defense. Defensively, we did not expose him too much mostly because we could not hit a shot all night long.
Clippers are the only team left that we "own" (10 straight). Unfortunately every streak ends sometimes - just hope not tonight. They have been back to old as of late losing a lot and often. Unfortunately, that has to stop too. Can Golumn suck again ? How motivated will Cat be ? Can the "cave man" pull another Tony Delk type of performance ? Who will deal with Brand ? How will Kings bounce back ? How agressiv will Mike be ? Can Brad continue to play well ? Can Pedja give us more ? Can the rest raise their level ? Is there going to be anything from the bench ? Will Hart have to play again ?Will Clippers go on a 20-0 run ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - will bounce back. His shots will fall and the rest of the offensive game was fine anyways. On the other hand Golumn can't possibly suck like last time again - can he ?
Pedja - we need more here. He plays Clippers well usually.
Brad - I will take 3 good quarters from him any time
Kevin - needs to attack basket more.
KT - he was solid but did not make difference. I will take 15-10 again
Cisco - wake up dude !
Corliss - drives me crazy. Somebody please build another doghouse.
Skinner - Give the man more minutes
Hart - why us ?:(
Price - why not ?
Sampson - I want Jabari back.
RA - what a great momentum killer - when he does the hokey substitutions. Sometimes, I do think - he lost it.
Well, Clippers are shorhanded too, but still dangerous. My favorites for TD award are tonight Livingston and Ndong

for all Serbian members

Hristos se rodi !

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't know -- think we should maybe even be favored. Just beat this team recently, in their gym. they're playing like crap -- worse than us even. 13 - 18 here we come baby!! :D woot. woot.

piksi said:
for all Serbian members

Hristos se rodi !
It is tomorow but

Ваистину се роди!

Тhere's nothing better than a Christmas victory against Clippers.I hope we are going to win tonight,I hope Peja will play on the all star level-I am waiting for him do play like that for a long time.I hope Mike will have great game,score clutch 3 if that would be needed.
Serbians and Russians enjoy in Christmas and be loud tonight when you watch our Kings!

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
I don't know -- think we should maybe even be favored. Just beat this team recently, in their gym. they're playing like crap -- worse than us even. 13 - 18 here we come baby!! :D woot. woot.
don't we usually have a positive effect on teams that are struggling ?

I'm getting afraid to watch when Peja plays. The team is just too disappointing when he's out there.

The sad thing is that on a more solid team I'm sure he'd be deadly, in
the good way.

Maybe he'll come off the bench?? Prolly not though.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok, since for all I know you guys could be yelling out perverse insults involving goats and other people's mothers, have to ask you to please keep it to English if you could.

Thanks.

Bricklayer said:
Ok, since for all I know you guys could be yelling out perverse insults involving goats and other people's mothers, have to ask you to please keep it to English if you could.

Thanks.
That is Serbian hello for Christmas and it can't be written on english.I don't see problem,if someone start to write something bad I'll be first who will said that.Don't worry;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:

Thanks.
They're cool, Brickie. It basically says "Christ is born"...with the traditional, "Yes, he is born" response.

Srecan Bozic!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.