Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know if there was going to be one, so might as well get it started.
------

-Sacbee reporting that Kevin Martin will play! :D Coach Natt will probably limit his minutes in a major way.

-Clippers' Ricky Davis is suspended, so he won't play.
-ESPN reporting also that leading scorer Zach Randolph will also not play as well as Chris Kaman.

-Kings are 1-0 against the Clippers this year.

-In that game on November 12th, Reggie used a lineup of Miller, Moore, JT, Salmons, and Beno.

-Beno lit up the Clips with 30 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists. Brad finished with 16/11/8 for a near triple double and JT had 16/11 for a double-double.

-Clippers won the season series last year 3-1..

-Kings are 5-1 this season when they lead at halftime.

-Things to watch for:

Baron vs Beno Part 2.
First meeting, Baron shot 4-15 while allowing Beno to shoot 13-20.

Clips' 3 point shooting.
They shot 50 % in Game One. See if Natt and the Kings D can change this.

The way the Kings start the game.
Well, after they came out and got absolutely embarassed on Sunday night, we'll see if they come out AT ALL with any passion or fire. If they don't well....

How Coach Natt utilizes Kevin and adjusts the rotation.
Kevin is back. Will Natt keep him under 25 minutes? And with Cisco and Hawes both question marks, how will the rotation and minutes play out?

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No Randolph, no Kaman, no Ricky Davis, Clips are starting old friend Brian Skinner. Martin is back.

If we don't win this game, I don't know what game we can win.

Kevin is BACK!! 7 points on 2-2 shooting!

And let me say that I have been on Salmons' case all year, but that last pass he did to a wide open Kevin was great. Making the extra pass.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
After one quarter we are on pace to hold the Clippers under 50. And they're so bad, I honestly think we might do it.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Also, I wasn't exactly listening to the pregame, but Thompson was the first big off the bench...is Hawes out for tonight with his abdominal issue?

John Salmons is really not very bright at times. The angles he takes on drives (usually he drives baseline) sometimes just forces him out of bounds and he has to chuck up some nonsense. I don't see why he can't pass without deciding to do so before hand, or does he really like running into walls that much

if we lose this i'd be quite happy. but just lose by less than 5. It would say a lot about the coach and also improve our draft position

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
if we lose this i'd be quite happy. but just lose by less than 5. It would say a lot about the coach and also improve our draft position
It would be pretty sad to lose this game on our home floor after being up by 17 and with the Clippers team so decimated. We've got plenty of opportunity to lose this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.