Cheap roster for Vivek

I am concerned that kings will go the cheapest route possible No Bogie, No Basemore, No Len

So here is my kings Roster on a budget:
9 players -97Mil Fox,Cojo,Buddy,James,Barnes,Bagley,Beli,Parker,Holmes
Somehow convince Giles C to Stay for 4Mil(or if no go get Len for 7M)
QO to Jeffries SF 1.5 mil
12th pick Vassell SG
35th Pick Nwora SF
43rd Pick Azubuke C
52nd pick Hagans PG

Roster
PG Fox,Cojo,Hagans
SG Buddy,Vassell,James
SF Barnes,Nwora,Jeffries
PF Bagley,Beli,Parker
C Holmes,Giles,Azubuke

Not a bad Bargain Bin?

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I like Nwora a lot. I really hope he's there in the 2nd round but I've seen him rising lately.

The funny thing about the cheap route is that in the end, all of the Kings major pieces are still there. Do we really think continuing an either/or combo of Buddy/Bogdan will be the difference between this team sucking or not? If anything committing to Buddy should make this team better if it means he can find a flow. If he does then at least you've built some value in him in a potential deadline blockbuster. I still solid, if it became either/or with Baze or Bogdan I'm going Baze. He's provides defense and glue play the team literally doesn't have anywhere else on the wing.

Len is a Fa but we have early bird rights so we can go to up to 7mil which is 170% of his old contract if that is what it takes would depend on what he can get in FA. Don’t think that is a big overpay for a reserve C

I just don’t see kings spending 15-18 mil on a Bogie Match if we get DDV and 24 pick from bucks great but otherwise we loose him for nothing I’m not sure they even spend 10 m for Basemore
If Monte does not come up with a big trade the above cheap route is all I see happening I just have low expectations I guess

I am concerned that kings will go the cheapest route possible No Bogie, No Basemore, No Len

So here is my kings Roster on a budget:
9 players -97Mil Fox,Cojo,Buddy,James,Barnes,Bagley,Beli,Parker,Holmes
Somehow convince Giles C to Stay for 4Mil(or if no go get Len for 7M)
QO to Jeffries SF 1.5 mil
12th pick Vassell SG
35th Pick Nwora SF
43rd Pick Azubuke C
52nd pick Hagans PG

Roster
PG Fox,Cojo,Hagans
SG Buddy,Vassell,James
SF Barnes,Nwora,Jeffries
PF Bagley,Beli,Parker
C Holmes,Giles,Azubuke

Not a bad Bargain Bin?
I'd rather just trade away half the roster and rebuild. That looks like a 28-30 win team to me.

Len is a Fa but we have early bird rights so we can go to up to 7mil which is 170% of his old contract if that is what it takes would depend on what he can get in FA. Don’t think that is a big overpay for a reserve C
In this era, paying 7M for a backup center that can't reliably shoot is an absolute overpay. That money is better spent on competent wings, guards, or big men that can space the floor. The Kings have Holmes at 5M next year for that 'back-up big who can't shoot' role that can start when needed.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like Nwora a lot. I really hope he's there in the 2nd round but I've seen him rising lately.

The funny thing about the cheap route is that in the end, all of the Kings major pieces are still there. Do we really think continuing an either/or combo of Buddy/Bogdan will be the difference between this team sucking or not? If anything committing to Buddy should make this team better if it means he can find a flow. If he does then at least you've built some value in him in a potential deadline blockbuster. I still solid, if it became either/or with Baze or Bogdan I'm going Baze. He's provides defense and glue play the team literally doesn't have anywhere else on the wing.
Nwora is a skilled player, but he does lack athleticism. Other than that, I like him. He's a determined defender who shoots the ball well from the outside. Good BBIQ etc. He's not my first or second or third choice in the 2nd rd, but I would be OK with him depending on who we might have passed on.