Chandler Parsons

Probably worth trying him out or getting him in for a look. Would we have to pick up his co tract or would we get him on some type of minimum?

Read that he refused to play a couple rehab games in the g-league. I've seen a few vet players play rehab games in the g-league after injuries so don't know why its a problem for him

Gary

All-Star
He was pretty damn clutch for a while there. When he went to Memphis he fell off big time. Might have just been where he was playing.. We use that excuse for college players all the time. I would definitely take a chance on him.

Would have gone after him in a trade where we get Memphis first round pick for a salary dump on our part. Chandler only sucks cause injuries have slaughtered him, he still has size IQ but yeah the knee's are shot.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think it wise for the Kings to hold off an unnecessarily spending any of that room they have. If they can't use it otherwise then they take shots at players like him but not now.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I liked Chandler coming out of College, and wanted the Kings to use thier 2nd rd pick on him. Turns out they had the chance, but instead took an injury prone player from UCLA (sorry I can't remember his name) who never played a game for us if memory serves. When healthy, Chandler is a good player, but he's never healthy. If he wants to come in on an unguaranteed contract, sure, why not. Otherwise, nope.

Chandler wasn’t that good even in his prime and was a chucker by and large. At this point he’s washed up and is a very high risk - low reward type of player now. No thank you.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
We picked Tyler Honeycutt, I think he played for us for a couple years...
Ahhh, thanks for the reminder. Honeycutt was on the team roster for a couple of years, but I'm not sure he ever got into an actual game. He was mostly injured his entire stay with the Kings.

NO to every name mentioned in this thread.

Character and culture clearly matter (as evidenced by the growth of the Kings team this year and how well they get along) and all of main 3 guys listed in this thread could potentially damage that.

Chandler Parsons is no longer any good after all the injuries. At this point I think you could also question his work ethic and love for the game. Got a little too caught up in himself and social media 3 or 4 years ago. Also he signed with Memphis clearly for the money when he had a much better situation in Dallas.

I like Enes Kanter's game but he's a drama queen and seems to wear out his welcome where ever he goes. He'd be a great backup big for the Kings because he brings rebounding, toughness, and an enforcer's mentality.......but do you really want all the drama that comes with him? For a guy that is basically the 4th best player on most teams......he sure makes the headlines a lot whether it be for on court flareups, talk about Turkey, saying something negative about another player, etc.

Patrick McCaw is an idiot. He's not very good and nothing more than a backup SF at best. You then combine that with all of the Warriors contract fiasco (that he and his agent created) and there isn't much to like about this guy.

With all that said I'd still take a guy like Otto Porter for WCS/JJ but none of the 3 guys above are worth the nonsense that comes with them.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Chandler wasn’t that good even in his prime and was a chucker by and large. At this point he’s washed up and is a very high risk - low reward type of player now. No thank you.
Your wrong, Chandler was a good player his first 4 years in the league before being beset by injuries. His third year in the league was his breakout year when he averaged 16.6 ppg, while shooting 47.2% overall and 37.0% from the three. He also averaged 5 rebounds and 1.2 steals. He's an excellent passer as well averaging 4 assists against 1.9 turnovers that year. Parsons has always been a team player. I get his frustration about not playing, but at the same time, I can't blame the Grizz. He's obviously not part of their future.

If the Kings could have Parsons coming off the bench at a cheap price I'd be on board, but unfortunately that wouldn't be the case, so not interested.

NO to every name mentioned in this thread.

Character and culture clearly matter (as evidenced by the growth of the Kings team this year and how well they get along) and all of main 3 guys listed in this thread could potentially damage that.

Chandler Parsons is no longer any good after all the injuries. At this point I think you could also question his work ethic and love for the game. Got a little too caught up in himself and social media 3 or 4 years ago. Also he signed with Memphis clearly for the money when he had a much better situation in Dallas.

I like Enes Kanter's game but he's a drama queen and seems to wear out his welcome where ever he goes. He'd be a great backup big for the Kings because he brings rebounding, toughness, and an enforcer's mentality.......but do you really want all the drama that comes with him? For a guy that is basically the 4th best player on most teams......he sure makes the headlines a lot whether it be for on court flareups, talk about Turkey, saying something negative about another player, etc.

Patrick McCaw is an idiot. He's not very good and nothing more than a backup SF at best. You then combine that with all of the Warriors contract fiasco (that he and his agent created) and there isn't much to like about this guy.

With all that said I'd still take a guy like Otto Porter for WCS/JJ but none of the 3 guys above are worth the nonsense that comes with them.
Is Kanter wrong about Turkey? Please don't answer since this a politics free board. I lost any respect I had for Turkoglu.

Is Kanter wrong about Turkey? Please don't answer since this a politics free board. I lost any respect I had for Turkoglu.
He's probably not wrong but that's why I mentioned all the drama that constantly surrounds Kanter. It's not just the Turkey situation but all of the other things that have been accumulating. He was traded from Utah on bad terms as well.

On Turkey and Erdogan he may be exactly right but he's not being very logical about the situation. If he's really as afraid of Erdogan as he claims then why does he constantly "poke the bear"? If I was legitimately scared that some foreign dictator could have me "offed" anywhere on the globe.....then I wouldn't be trashing said dictator to the media every chance I got. Doesn't seem like the wisest strategy.

Your wrong, Chandler was a good player his first 4 years in the league before being beset by injuries. His third year in the league was his breakout year when he averaged 16.6 ppg, while shooting 47.2% overall and 37.0% from the three. He also averaged 5 rebounds and 1.2 steals. He's an excellent passer as well averaging 4 assists against 1.9 turnovers that year. Parsons has always been a team player. I get his frustration about not playing, but at the same time, I can't blame the Grizz. He's obviously not part of their future.

If the Kings could have Parsons coming off the bench at a cheap price I'd be on board, but unfortunately that wouldn't be the case, so not interested.
Those are decent statistics but again not that good or otherworldly. He’s had injuries for most of his career which I do blame for his complete disappearance, but I did watch a lot of his games and there were many times he shot when he should have passed. I liked him but he always thought very highly of himself, way higher than his talent level warranted.

He’s washed up. If you were to combine his last 3 seasons of games played, it wouldn’t even add up to 82 games. So in 3 years he has not played 1 full season combined. In his last 3 seasons, he’s shot 40% (horrendous) from the field and 35% (barely decent) from downtown. If that’s not washed up I don’t know what is. He’s also 30 and his injuries will only affect him more now.

Wrong or not, recent history suggests that taking a flyer on him is a high risk low reward type of move. I don’t think I was wrong in saying that.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parsoch01.html

He's probably not wrong but that's why I mentioned all the drama that constantly surrounds Kanter. It's not just the Turkey situation but all of the other things that have been accumulating. He was traded from Utah on bad terms as well.

On Turkey and Erdogan he may be exactly right but he's not being very logical about the situation. If he's really as afraid of Erdogan as he claims then why does he constantly "poke the bear"? If I was legitimately scared that some foreign dictator could have me "offed" anywhere on the globe.....then I wouldn't be trashing said dictator to the media every chance I got. Doesn't seem like the wisest strategy.
He's Turkish, it's his country. Turkey was a secular nation, now? Do we need that type headache? Probably not.

He was pretty damn clutch for a while there. When he went to Memphis he fell off big time. Might have just been where he was playing.. We use that excuse for college players all the time. I would definitely take a chance on him.
Guy who says Trae Young should be drafted and Fox should be moved says make this move.

All signs point towards smarter people prevailing and it doesnt happen.

Kanter maybe but I would put Zebo back in the lineup to do pick and rolls and add toughness before I would even consider the others mentioned.