Celtics and 76ers deal

dude12

Hall of Famer
@ESPNSteinLine: Current iteration, per league sources to @espn, is a package of a draft picks from Philly, including No. 3 overall, to the Celtics for No. 1

dude12

Hall of Famer
@stevekylerNBA: Been saying for several days Danny does Danny things - Celtics don't need Fultz/Ball. Jackson fits culture of the team could be there at 3

dude12

Hall of Famer
@stevekylerNBA: Should come as no surprise Boston open to moving the top pick - moving down saves cap space, gains assets and Celtics get Jackson/Fox at 3

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
and so it begins....I don't see Boston making this move if they aren't certain Jackson will be there at 3 because for all we know, the Lakers can very well nab him up there and then you are left with Ball or Fox, which doesn't make much sense.

If Celtics end up getting the pick at 3, and the 1 st rounders in 2018 and 2019, another example of Ainge taking advantage of a situation
No it's not it just means they will never beat Philadelphia in the playoffs as long as Embiid is healthy. Embid, Simmons, Faultz, and Saric my god that's 1 MVP player and 2 potential top 10 players

gunks

Hall of Famer
Philly is gonna be niiiiice in 3 seasons or so (health permitting).

Embiid is looking like the new Oden. But even without him they have a great core.

My only concern is Boston then flipping the #3 plus other picks to a team behind us for a star.
No if that was the goal they'd just trade Fultz - one consensus top pick has more value than the #3 and a future top pick or two.

I think Ainge's goal is to compete now by keeping the core in place and trying to get a guy like Hayward while stockpiling young talent for a seamless rebuild.

The interesting thing now is what happens if the Lakers pass on Ball for Jackson.

I assumed the Sixers would snatch up Lonzo. But will the Celtics? And if not, do the Suns take him? He'd bring back Steve Nash memories in Phoenix but is that the route they want to go when they have a glut of PGs and need a SF?

For some reason I now feel that it's more likely that Fox falls to five. He's not a great fit in LA, Boston or Phoenix.

Steve Kyler: I think Fultz is best guy, but Celtics have to build their team. Most NBA talent folks don’t see a huge gap between Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Fox
– via TwitterstevekylerNBA

Jeff Goodman: Just got off phone with another NBA guy — said same thing. Less disparity this year from 1 to 4 than in a long, long time.
– via Twitter GoodmanESPN

And here we're are sitting at #5. The life of a kings fan. :(
I really hope those Isaac to suns rumors are true
I wouldn't be shocked if Tatum or Smith Jr were the best players to come out of this draft. Isaac too but I think it's more likely that he's a very good pick and a very high level role player.

Now I think the best player will be Fultz and my favorite pick for the Kings at 5 is Fox but I can't agree that there is a dropoff in this draft after four.

That'd be great for the 76ers to land Fultz. He'd make the transition for Simmons to PG or combo guard smoother.

I am worried Danny Ainge is trading down because he wants De'Aaron Fox over Fultz. How can he know whether Jackson or Ball will be there at #3 since this is the decision that the Lakers are in the process of making??? Would Magic reveal to Ainge that he is taking one player over the other. I don't think so.

Maybe Danny doesn't care whether the Lakers take Jackson or Ball because the player he wants is Fox. This is my concern.

That'd be great for the 76ers to land Fultz. He'd make the transition for Simmons to PG or combo guard smoother.

I am worried Danny Ainge is trading down because he wants De'Aaron Fox over Fultz. How can he know whether Jackson or Ball will be there at #3 since this is the decision that the Lakers are in the process of making??? Would Magic reveal to Ainge that he is taking one player over the other. I don't think so.

Maybe Danny doesn't care whether the Lakers take Jackson or Ball because the player he wants is Fox. This is my concern.
The Celtics need a go-to scorer and an upgrade at SF. I think it's likely he is targeting Jackson or Tatum.

Boston already has IT, Smart, Rozier and even Bradley. And they lack three point shooting that Fox wouldn't help with.

The Celtics need a go-to scorer and an upgrade at SF. I think it's likely he is targeting Jackson or Tatum.
That's true but Isaiah is an UFA after next year. Danny has to either give him a max contract (which he may be reluctant to do with a 5'9 PG at age 28) or seek a replacement. The Celtics Blog has a post about acquiring future 1sts from Philly to acquire Jimmy Butler. That could be their go-to scorer.

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 5.50.31 PM.png

Upgrade at SF? Don't they have Crowder/Brown and are angling for Hayward?
Brown started coming around but he's not a sure thing, especially on offense. Crowder is a nice role player but they need a go-to scorer.

Hayward would be a good fit but they'd have to beat out Utah, Miami and probably two or three other teams to get him. Can't count on that.

What if Philly picks Ball, then LA picks Fox (Since Fultz didn't workout there), Celtics pick Jackson (their original target), Phx picks Isaac/Tatum (Since they're loaded with Guards)....then Sac gets Fultz (he visited here right?)

:)
Fultz DID work out in LA and rumor is Magic wants him bad. I COULD see the Sixers taking Ball. Then Fultz goes two and Jackson likely goes three and nothing changes for the Kings - they still are at Phoenix's mercy.

That's true but Isaiah is an UFA after next year. Danny has to either give him a max contract (which he may be reluctant to do with a 5'9 PG at age 28) or seek a replacement. The Celtics Blog has a post about acquiring future 1sts from Philly to acquire Jimmy Butler. That could be their go-to scorer.

View attachment 6748
Hard to say. Ainge is shrewd and he's an opportunist. I love Fultz but (1) he's not a great fit for Stevens' offense and (2) I'd be lying if I said Fultz's lack of team success didn't bother me. Apparently his AAU teams didn't even win very often which is frightening.

It may be that Ainge is fine with Ball OR Jackson. Ball adds to a crowded backcourt but he could play with any of their other guards and would fit well in Stevens' offense. Jackson would be an easy fit.

View attachment 6748
So if this is what celtics are up to then Who would Chicago get at the 3? Probably still either Ball or Jackson(depending on Lakers)? We are still waiting on Phoenix at the 4

So if this is what celtics are up to then Who would Chicago get at the 3? Probably still either Ball or Jackson? We are still waiting on Phoenix at the 4
Isaac to the Suns seem to be the favorite right now. I think the Kings will get to pick between Fox/Tatum/DSJ at 5, although it seems like we don't have much interest in the later 2.

The interesting thing now is what happens if the Lakers pass on Ball for Jackson.

I assumed the Sixers would snatch up Lonzo. But will the Celtics? And if not, do the Suns take him? He'd bring back Steve Nash memories in Phoenix but is that the route they want to go when they have a glut of PGs and need a SF?
I said before that I could easily see the Kings getting screwed. IMO, if Fultz, Jackson, Fox and Isaac are all off the board when #5 rolls around, they will be. The hope has been that Fox would be there. And perhaps some weird series of events could have Jackson there too. But if this rumored trade goes down, all 4 of those players could be gone.

Worst case scenario for me is Ball and Tatum being the only ones available. I want nothing to do with either.

If that trade does go down, I'd be thinking long and hard about trying to pry #2 away from LA so I could take my pick between Jackson or Fox.