Cavs @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
What happened to my Kings ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 9th is a great day for Kings to play games. In 2000 we beat Pacers 116-113 in a great game. In 2004 we won in Phoenix when Pedja went crazy in the 2nd half. My favorite by far is a game we played on Januar 9th 2003 in New Jersey. Both teams were on the top of their conferences with identical records of 26-9. Everyone expected a close and exciting game but instead Kings just trashed Nets 118-82. It was a poetry in motion. At the half Kings lead 69-41. Kings shot 52% and had 33 assists. Two teams with the same record in the same league, playing the same game and yet there were worlds in between.
Pedja lead Kings with 24/6/2, Bibby had 21/4/5/sst, Webber had 19/11/5, DC had 10/2/9. Since Adelman used the entire bench the contributions were spread but Bobby with 12/8/1 and Keon with 9/9 stood out. Mateen scored.

The Sacramento Kings quickly turned one of the NBA's marquee matchups into a mismatch.Peja Stojakovic scored 24 points and Mike Bibby added 23 as the Kings built a huge lead and rolled to a 118-82 rout of the Nets, who had a 10-game winning streak stopped. Entering the contest tied for the NBA's second-best record at 26-9, the Kings throughly embarrassed the Nets, who were trying to match the longest winning streak in club history.

"I remember winning a lot of statement games last season and than losing in game seven," Kings forward Chris Webber said. "Every game is a statement game for us until we win a championship. That would be the biggest statement. We wanted to show what we could do against the best, and they are definitely one of the best."

"Not a good time to play one of our worst games," Nets coach Byron Scott said. "You have to give them a lot of credit. They are a very, very good basketball team. They are the best team we've played this year. We just didn't have it on either end of the court."

"I played aggressively tonight and got a lot of good looks," said Stojakovic, who made 9-of-16 shots. "We really moved the ball well tonight. Mike and Chris played the pick-and-roll to draw attention and that left us open for good shots."

I had this game on tape but I moved couple times since then and I can't find it anymore - damn
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a pathetic display against the Blazers Kings extended their almost winning streak to 2 games and both at home. Nothing new since we did the same thing last season. Now, we are 14-17 which should have been 16-15 if we had anyone who could have performed a Heimlich maneuver on our players. We are losing ground in the standings and by the way the things look like - that actually might be a good thing. I can't believe - I am losing sleep over this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cavs game is the only one in the next 5 games and we better get rest and some practices because after that we play 12 games in 20 days and 9 of them are not at ARCO.
We start with a back to back Portland away and Houston at home -set. We could win them bot but we could lose them also. Split would be realistic. Then we have a day off before playing the Knicks which we will win because Ron will play well again unless he parties hard the night before. After another day off we play in Toronto. Pretty cold up there and the Raptors are playing better. Will be hard to get a win there. Then another day off before another back to back in Boston and Detroit. Boston we might beat but Pistons willthy to pay us back for the spanking they received at ARCO. Then another day off before we play the Nets and we will win that one. Two days later we host the Bucks and that one will be tough. We finish the January with 4 road games. We start with back to back in Oklahoma which actually only we can lose and then in Dallas which we will lose again. Then we have a day off before playing Grizzlies. They suck but they are playing better and we haven't done too well there in the recent years. 2 days after that we play the Wolves on the road and we rarely win there anyways.
It will be a long month folks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When it come to Kings - I get aggrivated easily lately. Happenes on daily basis. Newest reason - Justin Williams. I assume that Muss is behind this retarded decision. I mean - how drunk - do You have to be ? So You give the guy a 10 days contract and then keep him "deactivated' - brilliant. It would have been cheaper to buy a cactus. Now Justin is not a solution for the Kings problems at this point regardless on his potential. But he might have potential. We have nothing to lose and we can only gain. Why not give him a chance while he is around. Here is what we know - Mo Taylor has 0 potential. As far as I am concerend he is a "never was" and it is a mistery how he has a roster spot. Smoking pot appearently counts for something these days.
Being professional goes beyond the performance on the court. It starts with the right attitude. The problem with that is that it very ofthen goes against the human nature. Kings lost a tough game on Thursday. It is perfectly normal to feel "down" and it is not a surprise when it carries over to the next game especially if the opponent is not that good. Being professional means putting all of it behind and getinng the job done. When You go trough a drama like we did on Thursday it is hard to het hyped up for a "must win" game. In the NBA - there are no nights off. If You don't play 100% - You will most likely lose. We didn't have the intensity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tonight's game - our frontcourt (Brad SAR and KT) combined for 10 pts (4-16 FG 2-4 FT, ) 10 rb, 4 as 5 TOs and 2 st. Randolph had 32/15/3/1 by himself. You couls easily argue that Mo Taylor was the least horrible one - but still horrible. Obviously - there was no need to activate Justin Williams who coulsn't play worse than them even if he tried - and I have never seen the kid play. Thanks for nothing yet again guys.
I will break the "name calling" rule and call Muss - what he is a moron. Yet again - he was unable to get the team ready to play including keeping Williams in the suit. He tried the "Miller experiment" and failed. He allowed the rookie anything in the first half. The managed to put Taylor&Williamson front line which only partially worked because Corliss was a monster again. In the last 2 minutes - not only did he have Taylor in the game but Mo actually was taking jumpers. Last time there were Cisco and Doubynow it is Taylor - but it is the same crap. To top all of this - we were down 5 with 1.7 seconds to go and he is actually calling a time out. Hey Muss - there is no 5 pt play in Basketball. Maybe he will google it later on. At this point - I am not sure - he knows. He said that it takes about 40 games for a coach to realize what kind of a team he has. I takes much less to realize that he is clueless.
Kings lost to the team that is 2-13 when allowing 100 pts at home. We choked again. You can't go against the tradition. If someone told me that Joel would suck so bad and Kings will still lose - I wouldn't have believed. It makes me naive but it is what it is. We shot better percentage, we shot 9-18 from downtown and everything was fairly close. We lost it on the FT line agin. Bad teams find ways to lose and in a close encounter between 2 bad teams - we prevailed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM goeas to Brandon Roy. He had a perfect 1st half and hit clutch FTs. Jack was also good.
LW-VC award went to Joel Przybilla who just sucked
JHA award goes to the entire Kings frontline
DNC - CD or Muss again
Cavs are next in case anyone still cares. They are a better team in the Eastern conference and they are perfectly capable of beating us. Even if they aren't we might do it ourselves. They have bunch of tall players that we don't. Lebron vs Ron will be interesting. We have 2 days rest to practice some FT shooting and maybe activate a tall guy.
Mike - can't do it alone
Kevin - never too Young to choke
Ron - Lebron is waiting
Brad - a rebound every 3 games is not so bad for a 7 footer:rolleyes:
SAR - pathetic
KT - boooooooooooo
Salmons - I am sure he regrets not going to Phoenix
Corliss -

rest - forgetaboutit
Muss - not good enough for the YMCA league
Cavs are okay but not as good on the road which gives them a good opportunity to improve. Gooden, Iglauskas frontline will rape us, hell even Varejao, Pollard frontline might be too good for us. TDM will go to Varejao. LW-VC will go to one of our "bigs" Muss will get outcoached again. Not much to look foorward to. Maybe we will extend our almost winning streak to 3 games

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
Someone said earlier that Williams had to go through a practice or someting before he could be activated. Some kind of rule. I am unclear on that situation. Muss gets alot of blame from you I see. But it like trying to make bread without yeast with this team. He can't make the front court taller, younger or better at this point in their career He has to look and GP and just say WTF Geoff a little help please.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Someone said earlier that Williams had to go through a practice or someting before he could be activated. Some kind of rule. I am unclear on that situation. Muss gets alot of blame from you I see. But it like trying to make bread without yeast with this team. He can't make the front court taller, younger or better at this point in their career He has to look and GP and just say WTF Geoff a little help please.
Adelman had the same Roster

I would like to congratulate SAR for his 6000 board against the trailblazers. he had a total of 5999 before tonights game and now has a total 0f 6006 :cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
Cavs are okay but not as good on the road which gives them a good opportunity to improve. Gooden, Iglauskas frontline will rape us, hell even Varejao, Pollard frontline might be too good for us. TDM will go to Varejao. LW-VC will go to one of our "bigs" Muss will get outcoached again. Not much to look foorward to. Maybe we will extend our almost winning streak to 3 games
Keep in mind, as Grant has already pointed out, that Lebron James has never won a game in Arco.

Thanks, Grant.

:mad:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know how long you've been a Kings fan, piksi, but I'm starting to get the same feeling I had back in the days of Duane Causwell, Les Jepsen, Jim Les, Lionel Simmons, Wayman Tinsdale, Olden Polynice and Spud Webb....and all the rest.

We just weren't good then. It was actually more like rooting for your home town college team when they were facing Duke or UCLA or some other legitimate team. You just went to Arco, cheered your lungs out and had fun ... even though you knew the odds were really against you seeing a winning game.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I don't know how long you've been a Kings fan, piksi, but I'm starting to get the same feeling I had back in the days of Duane Causwell, Les Jepsen, Jim Les, Lionel Simmons, Wayman Tinsdale, Olden Polynice and Spud Webb....and all the rest.

We just weren't good then. It was actually more like rooting for your home town college team when they were facing Duke or UCLA or some other legitimate team. You just went to Arco, cheered your lungs out and had fun ... even though you knew the odds were really against you seeing a winning game.
Kings fan obviously since 1998 - thanks to Vlade.

If the odds are against me - then I would rather watch some "kids" with perspective towards something than a "team" at the gead end going nowhere

Cavs vs Kings Game Thread

Like this post all the way down. Someone blasted Brad as being a wimp when he didn't play in the Lakers game--he had the flu. Last night he played briefly and then went back to the bench throwing up in a cup. Real men get the flu!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings fan obviously since 1998 - thanks to Vlade.
Oh yeah... :eek:

Those were the dark ages. The days when we didn't even know we were stuck in a tunnel, let alone know about any light at the end of it.

:p

Like this post all the way down. Someone blasted Brad as being a wimp when he didn't play in the Lakers game--he had the flu. Last night he played briefly and then went back to the bench throwing up in a cup. Real men get the flu!
They showed Brad sitting on the bench, head covered with a towel reminiscent of Jason Williams, but with a eerie green hue to his skin... Not a pretty sight.

;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Good news: Ron really bothered LeBron last year. perfect matchup for him -- one of the very few who can match his strength and quickness. Bad news: it ain't last year.

Hi all....I am looking at my guide on dish net. Channel 10 (kxtv) does not show the game for tonight. Just the normal lineup. I sure hope that they didn't somehow weasle out...:confused:

Hi all....I am looking at my guide on dish net. Channel 10 (kxtv) does not show the game for tonight. Just the normal lineup. I sure hope that they didn't somehow weasle out...:confused:
I noticed that, but assumed it has something to do with tonight's State of the State. Still on as far as I know.

My favorite by far is a game we played on Januar 9th 2003 in New Jersey. Both teams were on the top of their conferences with identical records of 26-9. Everyone expected a close and exciting game but instead Kings just trashed Nets 118-82. It was a poetry in motion.
I remember that game. Think we trashed the Mavs either right before or right after, as well. Man, those were the days... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.