California Classic Game 3 Kings vs Lakers 7/3/19

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Buddy says he’s been working hard on skills to get him to the line more... his goal is 5 a game, and he thinks that will help make him an elite scorer in the league.

Says Luke is a players coach you always want to be around.

Next step is “Growing up, growing up big.” Everyone needs to keep getting better.

They have a bit of fun at Peja’s expense. “He’s just a pretty boy! The ultimate pretty boy!”

Last edited:
Is it odd that Bagley and Mason were on the team but didn't play? I expected since they were on the roster they would play part of at least one of the games.

Mika has heart, but he can’t finish for anything. Can’t imagine him against legit NBA players.
Did he have trouble finishing last night? Keep in mind he is on less than a 15 hour turnaround and third game in less than three days (although his playing time in the first game was minimal).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Did he have trouble finishing last night? Keep in mind he is on less than a 15 hour turnaround and third game in less than three days (although his playing time in the first game was minimal).
Solid point, didn’t think about that.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
He was less of a ball pounder today but you can see the correlation between the offense really bogging down and Christon running point.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I blame Luke Walton!
The dude running SL is like a 3rd or 4th assistant right? He tinkers way too much. It's like a baby playing with the car horn. I thought it was just because he was looking at different lineups but he keeps going back to the things that aren't working. He has James just standing around. There is a unit within the muck with some serious flow but at the first sign of trouble he goes back to the tank crew.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
New JJ looks like he can play some defense. Disappears on offense, then really goes after the boards. He looks very unimpressive moving around the court until he bounces up high for the boards.

New JJ looks like he can play some defense. Disappears on offense, then really goes after the boards. He looks very unimpressive moving around the court until he bounces up high for the boards.
James had 9/9 near double double in 16 minutes. Playing a 3rd straight day. Not exactly turrible, as Charles Barkley would say.

Agree with you that JJ looks like he has some nice potential on the defensive end. He’s kinda got that Doug Christie frame, with really nice athleticism and seems like a smart kid.

I was just reading that Jimmer saw the writing on the wall, and packed his bags before his 3rd SL game. Guess he'll probably go back to being the leading scorer in China, whose leagues just dropped greatly in my esteem.

Fredette led the Chinese Basketball Association in scoring with 36.9 points per game and set a league record with 219 3-pointers last season with the Shanghai Sharks.