Bulls @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings played really well especially in the first half and deserved the win against a team that was supposed to be one of the best in the West. Kings won their 3rd straight and 6 of the last 8 to improve to 21-24 which is as close as we have been to mediocrity in a while. Since we are in the West - this record is still 6 games behind a playoff spot but right now - it is important that we play well and keep improving in all areas. Kings won their 2 game on the 5 game home stand and improved to 14-9 at home. With 3 game left Kings have a shot to get to .500 before leaving for that long road trip as the allstar break and the trade deadline are approaching. First of those 3 games is already tonight as the Kings face the Bulls in their 2 game of the back to back set.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hornets were pretty arrogant during the first half last night. They went in the game with the famous "they will give it to us" attitude. Didn't play hard and were lucky that the final result was as close as it was because the game was over in the first half. I am not sure how any team in the West can afford such an attitude especially a team that has never accomplish anything. Especially, their couple of allstars had a pretty bad game in the first half. This is the NBA and unless it is the Heat - there are no easy wins, no give aways, no free games, no take it easy. If You do that - You will pay which they did. Sure Kings don't have allstars right now and their record isn't impressive and we are heading for the lottery but we are still good enough to take advantage of presented opportunities especially at home. We took advantage of it and played extremely well abusing them on both ends of the floor. They will probably make the playoffs and we probably won't but we are good enough to beat anyone at any given night.
Trading season started with a bang in which Lakers got lucky yet again as they usually do. This time they didn't resign Bavetta & co. This time they got Gasol for getting rid of a bad contract and a dead weight named Brown which may still go back to LA. Lakers will still suck as they do be default. Grizzlies have officially opened yard sale as they are set to tank and develop new future Lakers. They should be fined for making it possible for Brown and Collins to play on the same team. I feel sorry for people who have to watch it. Who knows - maybe Grizzlies are doing the right thing by dumping salary even though - I have no clue who would want to play there. Anyways we have to expect more bangs in this trading season because people like Isaiah will want to prove that they can do worse. That is our chance to rob someone because we have guys who are potentially attractive for top teams or teams who want to make a final step towards their goals. We also have to remember to call Memphis 20 years for now when KT's contract becomes expiring.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I know I missed some games as of late but last night - I somehow felt weird since something was missing and it took me a while to figure it out. What is missing is Cisco driving me crazy during the game mostly because his playing time has been reduced a lot and I am not sure why but I don't like it. Especially in the last 3 games his role has been reduced to insignificant. I didn't sign up for that. We are playing 7 man rotation which is garbage. Is Cisco going to be new Ostertag and no I didn't mean singing in his underwear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The recipe for beating the Hornets worked like a charm. We started fast and furious build the lead and held it long enough to make their starters play big minutes so that they were dead tired down the stretch. Basically, Hornets don't win many games if Pedja has to play4-+ minutes because he just can't.
Suposedly, Hornets have 2 current allstars on their roster but I didn't see any - at least not in those uniforms. We played a clean game, shot and rebounded well. Only the FT shooting didn't look good. We lead the whole game - most of it in double digits and at the end - the score isn't telling the truth. We pretty much took the apart and owned them for the most part of the game. The first half was the best half we played all season. And really, no one cares whether Hornets took us lightly or not but either way they will take us much more seriously the next time.
AWARD TIME

Again - ther was no winner for this award tonight which is proportional with Kings winning games

LW-WC went to David West. If he is an allstar so is Mikki Moore

RA&1 award goes to Bobby. It was a hard decision but Bobby just didn't have anything last night. 3 out of the 5 attempts were blocked. He looked slow and old.

SAR - Methuselah award went to Cisco who in his 5 minutes or so looked like he really didn't want to be out there.

WTF moment of the game - well it isn't Pedja's foul that someone spilled glue on the court
Bulls are next and it is back to back and we are coming from almost a perfect game so it won't be easy. We lost in Chicago because our stupidity and referees chronic blindness not too long ago. We were better team there and we should play the same way with a different ending. Bulls lost 3 of their last 4 games scoring only 67 points in Minnesota. This is their 2nd game on the 6 game West Coast road trip so they will look to improve. If can keep the game clean, limit the turnovers and share the ball - we will win this one too.
Bibby - keep passing the ball
Kevin - You are supposed to help old people cross the road - not to make fun of them;)
Ron - the better he plays - the sooner he is gone
Mikki - allstar
Brad - MVP
bench - good enough
Coach T - make sure they don't relax tonight.
Bulls with 18 and 27 are only 1.5 games away from the post season compliments of the Leastern Conference. They are 8-14 on the road playing very poorly as of late. They can't score but they play hard. They also have injury problems as Gordon, Deng and Smith missed last game. Still we should have right attitude towards this game. Noah will win the TDM, Sefelosha will get the LW-VC award and Duhon will defend his RA&1 award too. If we take them seriously - we should win another one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Mikki - allstar
Brad - MVP
Nice piksi!:D Brad is playing arguably the best basketball of his career this year...Geoff Petrie gets a phone call...someone wants to know whether he'd be willing to trade Brad...what should Geoff be asking for in return? And as far as Mikki...MAN, that guy is playing one hell of a strong game lately under the basket. We've got alot of overachievers on our team this year, and that's a direct reflection of the job that Reggie has done this year, so far. If Coach Theus pulls off a .500 record, should he be in the running for the COY award?

I like the Bulls but a huge part of me wants them to keep on losing, so maybe in my own dream world, the Bulls do a trade with us. Is that wrong? lol

I hope I can catch the game, but if I don't maybe I'll see the replay. I hope Ben Gordon will be playing. Plus, I need more Garcia, coach put him in for more than 5 minutes.

Entity

Hall of Famer
If that isnt the truth!:D I forsee alot more Francisco Garcia tonight D'ing up Mr. Gordon to make sure he gets the LW-VC award.:p

I wonder if that had anything to do with garcia getting few minutes last night. To make sure we a full strength hustle guy ready to go full force if need be.

to those who don't have comcast sports net in the Sacramento area, the game is on local TV, I don't know if this is posted anywhere, but I get to watch the game tonight

Go Kings

that block on Artest by Wallace reminded me of a little bit about of a few years ago when they had a little bit of words for each other after Artest tried blocking Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.