Breaking down defense of college guards

I love analytics... there's just so much that goes into it. Who were the players guarding is a big factor that begs to be dealt with here. Porter and Oladipo definitely look like the best wing defenders in this draft... we're not gonna have a chance at either without trading up unfortunately.

When they post bulk steals for MCW without mentioning he played in gimmick 2-3 zone that encourages steals, that doesn't help credibility. Both Wes Johnson and Dion Waiters posted very impressive defensive numbers, including Drtg in college, and both are consistently(granted Waiters spent only one season, so not much consistency :)) worse than average defenders on their teams and they played for pretty bad defensive teams.
On the other hand their conclusion of superiority of Oladipo among prospects doesn't take into account very different roles: Oladipo was a stopper and MCW was most offense and Burke - all the offense their teams created.
Finally, I haven't found how they are collecting their stats.

When they post bulk steals for MCW without mentioning he played in gimmick 2-3 zone that encourages steals, that doesn't help credibility. Both Wes Johnson and Dion Waiters posted very impressive defensive numbers, including Drtg in college, and both are consistently(granted Waiters spent only one season, so not much consistency :)) worse than average defenders on their teams and they played for pretty bad defensive teams.
On the other hand their conclusion of superiority of Oladipo among prospects doesn't take into account very different roles: Oladipo was a stopper and MCW was most offense and Burke - all the offense their teams created.
Finally, I haven't found how they are collecting their stats.
Yeah, they had another article that showed how players faired when guarded by Oladipo, Porter, MCW, Muhammed, and McLemore. And it didn't take into account different defenses, or how a player like Oladipo was always guarding the opponent's best offensive perimeter player (while others often guarded the weaker offensive guard much of the time). In the end stats are a nice useful tool, but the eye test is still the most important tool when evaluating talent.