Brandan Wright

Is this kid damaging his chances of getting drafted early because he is refusing to work out against other prospects? According to Boston Herald, he only agreed to do an individual work out with the Celtics. Now considering that Gerald Green did a similar thing a few years ago, is there a chance that teams picking inside the top 10 overlook him because of that?

I hope we work this kid out just in case, so we cover all of our bases. If we don't and he slides, I don't think Petrie would draft him.

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1006064
WALTHAM - As much as the Celtics staff might have loved to watch Florida’s Joakim Noah and North Carolina’s Brandan Wright - a pair of athletic, mobile power forwards - go head-to-head yesterday, they had to settle for separate workouts.

The reason was the insistence of Wright, and his agent, he work out on his own - without a sparring partner

Last edited:
Is this kid damaging his chances of getting drafted early because he is refusing to work out against other prospects? According to Boston Herald, he only agreed to do an individual work out with the Celtics. Now considering that Gerald Green did a similar thing a few years ago, is there a chance that teams picking inside the top 10 overlook him because of that?

I hope we work this kid out just in case, so we cover all of our bases. If we don't and he slides, I don't think Petrie would draft him.

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1006064
I hope he slides to us too but it'd be a miracle if he does. Imo, unlike a SG/SF like Gerald Green; 6'10 athletic PF rarely slides, even if he refuses to work out against the competition. Wright is a top 6 pick even if he stays home, plays video game all day, and doesn't workout for any teams.

His draft stock is already hurting because he only came in at 200 lbs and his skills aren't much improved since last seen. He might fall a bit, but I doubt he will fall to us.

Last edited:
Green was straight from high school. There were legit concerns how he'd fare against elite level talent. He only played three years of high school basketball, and his first year was cut short due to academic reasons.

The important thing is, Wright is working out for teams. Even if he slips, teams ahead of us would have to be picking players that are projected to be picked around where we are, for us to even have a chance. It makes no difference if the teams ahead of us are just swapping players.

Last edited: