The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Is Brick now a Warriors fan? The irony of Big Cuz on the W's is beyond bizarre. So anything is now possible.

Reports are the the Big Fella will be practicing with the Santa Cruz G League team. That would be fun to watch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Be interesting to see how many Technical Fouls Big Cuz get this season. GSW may get a lot as Draymond and Durant also get their fair share.
I think he'll get a few because of reputation but I strongly suspect this time off has mellowed him. He's working hard right now to get back onto the court and play the game. He's also gonna want to prove that he's back and a valuable asset for whatever team he ends up on. You guys all know I was really strong into his camp - and still am. I think he's grown up.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is Brick now a Warriors fan? The irony of Big Cuz on the W's is beyond bizarre. So anything is now possible.

Reports are the the Big Fella will be practicing with the Santa Cruz G League team. That would be fun to watch.
I cannot see Brickie ever becoming a Warriors fan. He can be a Cousins fan without really liking the team whose roster he is currently on. Somebody is gonna give DMC a huge contract if he is able to come successfully. I don't think there's any way in hell GSW can do that - and keep what they've built.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think he'll get a few because of reputation but I strongly suspect this time off has mellowed him.
As a counterpoint to that, he was actually ejected *from the bench* earlier in the season.

I'm a firm believer that people can change, and particularly that most people with a "hothead" mentality eventually mellow over time. But I'm not convinced that Cousins has shown evidence of that sort of change of mindset as of yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a counterpoint to that, he was actually ejected *from the bench* earlier in the season.

I'm a firm believer that people can change, and particularly that most people with a "hothead" mentality eventually mellow over time. But I'm not convinced that Cousins has shown evidence of that sort of change of mindset as of yet.
Ejected by the same ref who t'd him up for the altercation with the Spurs broadcaster (whose name temporarily escapes me). Only time will tell, but I'm gonna keep the faith. ;)

Did you hear why he got the T? Both him and Kanter were warned before the game. Cuz was telling Green during a time out to put Kanter in a PNR. Because he said Kanters name he got a T.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Yahoo fantasy:

Sun, Dec 16

DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) was a full participant at Sunday's practice.

Advice: The Warriors' didn't go through any 5-on-5 work, but that is something that Cousins has gone through, and he's expected to get in another practice with their G-League team on Monday. The Warriors haven't offered a firm timetable for Cousins' return, and there's been speculation that it could be anywhere from January to February. He could be a frustrating guy to own this season, but there's nothing wrong with keeping him tucked away in an IR-spot.