The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

Boogie not scheduled to play until December/January some time. I still hate everything about this, but I understand it from Boogie's perspective. I don't understand why no one else stepped up to bring him in. The Blazers thing seems like the agent stepped out of his lane.

Last edited:
****ing hate the warriors, its very difficult seeing boogie who we should have won with join the dubs.

Whilst it pulls me in various ways, the market has enabled this to happen, overly cautious regarding his return from injury, no one wants to pony up the cash for the best big man in the league. Demarcus will get paid after this season and will get a ring in the process.

The starting 5 for the warriors with DMC is the most offensively stacked in the history of the NBA. You basically have arguably the most potent scoring forces in the league on the same team currently at the 1,2,3 and 5 positions for the warriors with Demarcus.

Its funny how life works, Demarcus will have one more ring than Charles Barkley in 12 months. Should go down as Alabama's most winningest son.

Should he choose to re-sign next season, all the cracks we have seen with the warriors recently will be closed and this dynasty will continue. Complete game changer

NBA is now officially National Boring Association. I'm finished with the farce. At least there's still March Madness and real, exciting basketball competition.
Yes, this is really a travesty for competition for the championship.

But, as a Kings fan, we are not chasing rings right now. I'll give the Warriors the rings for the next 3 years.

But, we can still get excited about watching our young kids grow.

By the time we are ready to compete for a ring, the Warriors will be on their down turn, when the Kings will be rising. :)

Boogie didn't betray Sacramento, he was blind-sided with a trade while he was representing the Kings at the All-Star game. Have you already forgotten how he cried when he had to say goodbye to everyone and then Vlade sat up there at a press conference and said the team was better off without him? If this is a giant middle finger to the Kings front office, good! They deserve it. Just don't forget that Boogie wanted to be here and we told him we didn't want him. Well we didn't, but our team did.

I'll always be a Boogie fan because he's an authentic a human being -- that is to say he doesn't pretend to be anything other than who he is. Some people find that off-putting but I think it's unfair to tell people to be themselves and then get all high and mighty when someone actually wears their emotions on their sleeves instead of politely doing what they're told all the time. The league may be a farce at this point as far as competition is concerned but should we, as Kings fans, really be all that concerned about who is or is not in playoff contention? We haven't been in that conversation for over 15 years anyway. I don't care all that much who wins the title if it's not Sacramento and seeing Boogie get a ring would at least bring me a bit of happiness, whichever jersey he's got on at the time.

This!! also right after the scar in Boogie's back is almost healed from the knife Sacto stuck in his back, The Pels do the same damm thing. Boogie would have stayed loyal to the Pels too, no they didnt need to give him 150 mil, they could have made the same offer as they gave Randle 9-10 per year , 1 or 2 yrs and after he proved he was back to 100, they could give him the max then! Demps ( I saw somewhere) basically told Boogie they didnt want him. then Lakers get Rondo, NO signs Randle, and instead of Lakers (Big Cuz's second choice) telling him "hey we got Rondo" give us a few weeks to get more space the lakers goes silent with no offer or potential offer. So Lakers do him dirty too.

He was not going to Atlanta or Portland, He decides to rehab, prove his worth AGAIN, get a Ring, and then he can pick his team next year and get a long term deal - Good For You Boogie!!!!!!

Oh and VF21 ,both my wife and I will proudly be wearing my Kings Cousins jersey and cheer for him (not for warriors team) when they come to town
Hey at least maybe it will make it more tolerable to take all those Dubs Fans in the seats nearby

Last edited:
Cousins claims Demps told him they weren't interested. But then NO reporters are saying they offered him a deal for more than the MLE.

My gut feeling is that the Pels floated a number out that was well below what Cousins wanted and then no other team offered anything, so he decided to use the next season as a one-time opportunity to rehab with a contender.

Boogie didn't betray Sacramento, he was blind-sided with a trade while he was representing the Kings at the All-Star game. Have you already forgotten how he cried when he had to say goodbye to everyone and then Vlade sat up there at a press conference and said the team was better off without him? If this is a giant middle finger to the Kings front office, good! They deserve it. Just don't forget that Boogie wanted to be here and we told him we didn't want him. Well we didn't, but our team did.

I'll always be a Boogie fan because he's an authentic a human being -- that is to say he doesn't pretend to be anything other than who he is. Some people find that off-putting but I think it's unfair to tell people to be themselves and then get all high and mighty when someone actually wears their emotions on their sleeves instead of politely doing what they're told all the time. The league may be a farce at this point as far as competition is concerned but should we, as Kings fans, really be all that concerned about who is or is not in playoff contention? We haven't been in that conversation for over 15 years anyway. I don't care all that much who wins the title if it's not Sacramento and seeing Boogie get a ring would at least bring me a bit of happiness, whichever jersey he's got on at the time.
Well ... when one signs a $5mil contract it's pretty evident that nobody else wanted him either.

I don't know what you expect a GM to say anytime they trade a player. "We're worse off without him now AND going forward"? The NBA is a business, players get moved. Spare me the drama of betrayal and whatnot. We didn't want Tyreke either, he cried too (I don't recall Cousins crying, but that's just my memory). I have nothing against Cousins as a human being - he has shown a great heart for the community and underprivileged etc. But I personally think he was a terrible team mate and a terrible leader and simply not what a "dysfunctional" organization like ours needed. He remains unproven as a #1 player on the team. You simply cannot pretend that the antics didn't exist, that he wasn't yelling at and threatening reporters etc. Injury aside, the market has spoken twice about the value that Cousins has. Could he have helped the Pels to a deeper playoff run and received a max contract as everyone was expecting? Maybe, but we'll never know (till next offseason at the very least...).

You know would have had me rooting for him? If he actually went to topple the Warriors. That may yet happen, but for this coming season? Meh.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So long as the Warriors completely snuff out any chance the L.A. Lakers have of getting any place in the playoffs, I am okay with it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?
The enemy of my enemy can also be my enemy. :p

I don't blame Boogie for the choice he made. I just cannot and will not root for him (or anyone!!) in a Warriors uniform. I will not begrudge them the opportunity to school the Lakers multiple times a year, however. And I can console myself with one fact - at least it's not DMC in a freaking Lakers jersey.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This!! also right after the scar in Boogie's back is almost healed from the knife Sacto stuck in his back, The Pels do the same damm thing. Boogie would have stayed loyal to the Pels too, no they didnt need to give him 150 mil, they could have made the same offer as they gave Randle 9-10 per year , 1 or 2 yrs and after he proved he was back to 100, they could give him the max then! Demps ( I saw somewhere) basically told Boogie they didnt want him. then Lakers get Rondo, NO signs Randle, and instead of Lakers (Big Cuz's second choice) telling him "hey we got Rondo" give us a few weeks to get more space the lakers goes silent with no offer or potential offer. So Lakers do him dirty too.

He was not going to Atlanta or Portland, He decides to rehab, prove his worth AGAIN, get a Ring, and then he can pick his team next year and get a long term deal - Good For You Boogie!!!!!!

Oh and VF21 ,both my wife and I will proudly be wearing my Kings Cousins jersey and cheer for him (not for warriors team) when they come to town
Hey at least maybe it will make it more tolerable to take all those Dubs Fans in the seats nearby
I love that idea! Remind the bandwagon Cousins fans we were there first - and a lot of us still cheer for HIM (not the Warriors). I'm still conflicted but I'm beginning to see the rationale. Thanks. :)

The enemy of my enemy can also be my enemy. :p

I don't blame Boogie for the choice he made. I just cannot and will not root for him (or anyone!!) in a Warriors uniform. I will not begrudge them the opportunity to school the Lakers multiple times a year, however. And I can console myself with one fact - at least it's not DMC in a freaking Lakers jersey.
Good point. I was really worried he would land there after Lebron signed in LA.

Also, I am no Warriors fan, but I hate the Lakers more than I hate the Warriors and anything that prevents the Lakers from getting to the championship is a plus. Also, the Kings aren't in contention this year and Cousins the Warrior is likely a one-year deal.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the NBA might as well be called NBA2k from now on....not sure what Boogie is thinking here, wants a easy ring I suppose and then just go and get paid elsewhere?

Hey guys...I haven't posted in like 5 years but I miss Cousins. If I had a trouble maker employee that ended on bad terms and found out he needed a job during rough times (and asked for basically the NBA minimum wage) I would rehire him. I know its too late now but just kind of wish the Kings would have reached out to him. I know it didn't work then but why not? Short term deal, I would take him back...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey guys...I haven't posted in like 5 years but I miss Cousins. If I had a trouble maker employee that ended on bad terms and found out he needed a job during rough times (and asked for basically the NBA minimum wage) I would rehire him. I know its too late now but just kind of wish the Kings would have reached out to him. I know it didn't work then but why not? Short term deal, I would take him back...
Welcome back!

Supposedly Lakers docs thought he wasn't worth the trouble. The warriors might end up with an emotional and angry Arvydas Sabonis (hobbled NBA version).
I kind of hope the Boogie team cancer thing bubble's over and tears the team apart.

Wait, no I really hope it happens.

I don’t think DMC’s decision has anything to do with giving a middle finger to the Kings. I also don’t think Vlade and company are panicked now that he is with GS.
How does the pelicans gm justify loosing boogie and rondo for pennies
They picked up Randle who will likely be healthy and overall more productive NEXT YEAR than DMC. They also picked up Payton who some would say is a younger version of Rondo, and likely a better locker room influence. AD seems happy with what they are doing which is the most important consideration at this point (2 years left on his deal).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm curious as to the chronological sequence of events, myself: did New Orleans sign Randle because they knew Cousins was leaving, or did Cousins leave because they signed Randle?
I cant find it now but I know I read on PelicansReport that they signed Randle before DMC announced his decision to go to GSW. From some articles, however, it looks like DeMarcus reached out to the Warriors initially because he didn't get ANY calls on July 1.

I cant find it now but I know I read on PelicansReport that they signed Randle before DMC announced his decision to go to GSW. From some articles, however, it looks like DeMarcus reached out to the Warriors initially because he didn't get ANY calls on July 1.
In my head I am thinking DMC already had talked to Demps, and while he was looking for suitors, they made the deal for Randle.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Dubs were going to win it all next season again anyways. So I don't think this is much of a league shattering move. Just kinda funny.

So now Cuz scores a ring in a rehab season. Good for him! I wonder if they're going to bring him off the bench? That's so nasty..

I hate the Warriors, but I don't hate the thought of the Lebron Lakers getting stomped out in the WCF.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
status update on DMC from Rotoworld (12/7/18) :

Coach Steve Kerr said DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) is in better shape and he could practice with the G League team in the next couple weeks.
Advice: Kerr did say nothing is certain on Cousins' rehab plan, but the team does want to get him some more live action. Cousins has been cleared and Kerr focused on his conditioning as a possible last hurdle. The former All-Star probably won't be ready for Christmas, but January is well within reason for a possible target date.