Bogi and Beli playing overseas (split)

if Bogdan were to put up same stats as he did in his first year while playing as the primary ball handler with minutes comparable to those of primary ball handlers on other playoff teams, then yes, it would be very unlikely he would lead the team to the playoffs. I just happen to think that given that situation (ball and minutes) his stats would increase. That said, I dont think he should be the primary ball handler. Bogdan is a SG.

As an aside, he is playing for Serbia vs Greece today along with Bjelica. Given that Teodosic is not playing, he and Bjelica should find themselves with the ball in the creator's role a lot.
Not good shooting percentages for either of them

Awful game for Serbia, Greece won 70-63.
Beli: 9 points (4/11 fg, 1/5 3pt), 12 rebounds, 5 assists
Bogdan: 19 points (6/19 fg, 3/12 3pt), 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists.

Bogi started with few 3pt misses, and then he switched his game to inside shots, so he had few nice layups and flouters. Since Serbia is missing Jokic, Teodosic and Marjanovic, Bogdan is a primary scorer now, and he had a lot of "beat the clock" shots. But overrall, he had bad shooting night. His passing was good though, despite only 2 assists.

Beli had an all around game, but he wasn't on fire from range either. Passive in offense, but had a few good passes, few nice layups and great rebounding.

Last edited:
How did Papagiannis play for the Greeks? Interesting side note. PapaG does not show up as a Kings draft pick on most web sites. He is listed under the Suns because the Suns drafted him and traded him for Chriss who the Kings drafted.

After bogs procedure, id imagine he is extea rusty after down time for recovery...also his endurance and legs probably not in game shap
Given it’s only a 3 week preseason this better not be true and Bogi better be in shape. No bigger Bogi fan than me but not in shape should be the last reason for his poor shooting.

How did Papagiannis play for the Greeks? Interesting side note. PapaG does not show up as a Kings draft pick on most web sites. He is listed under the Suns because the Suns drafted him and traded him for Chriss who the Kings drafted.
PapaG played for 5 minutes, had one block (surprised, huh? :D ), and one missed layup.

Bogi and Beli are playing their next game for 2 days, against Estonia (their last game for Serbia during this summer) but easy win predicted for Serbia, i guess they won't play a lot.

I have mixed emotions about overseas players. Their game is somewhat different over there in Europe and Asia.
It would be easier for them to just stay here and play the NBA style game, instead of going back and forth.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have mixed emotions about overseas players. Their game is somewhat different over there in Europe and Asia.
It would be easier for them to just stay here and play the NBA style game, instead of going back and forth.
You aren't going to get Euro players who have the honor of playing for their national team to give that up - nor should you IMHO.

The NBA style game is more and more European. Ball screens, emphasizing high IQ, shooting and ball movement.

And Euro basketball is more and more American :D Mostly because there are more and more players from USA in Europe. But NBA is still totally new level of playing.

One difference is still obviuos - movement without the ball. And Bogi actually had a few defensive mistakes against Greece, and every single mistake was because his opponent moved without the ball, behind Bogdan's back.

Serbia - Estonia, 91-65
Great game for Beli: 14 points in 20 minutes, 6/11 FG, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers.

Bogdan came out from a game after only 3 minutes. After the game, Serbian coach Djordjevic , said on the press conference that Bogi told him that he wasn't confident about his operated knee. Medical tests will be tomorrow, but i think that was only preventive. Bogi will be fine, i think.

Serbia - Estonia, 91-65
Great game for Beli: 14 points in 20 minutes, 6/11 FG, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers.

Bogdan came out from a game after only 3 minutes. After the game, Serbian coach Djordjevic , said on the press conference that Bogi told him that he wasn't confident about his operated knee. Medical tests will be tomorrow, but i think that was only preventive. Bogi will be fine, i think.
Has to make you wonder why in the heck he was playing.

@sactownking
I think his knee will be fine. I can guarantee that he didn't injure his knee during that 3 minutes in the game. So, if anything happened, it could happen during practice too.

This is his last game for national team this year, he will have enough time to prepare himself for NBA season. I will post an update about Bogi tomorrow.

Btw, Schroeder and Kleber are playing for Germany, Saric, Bogdanovic, Zizic, Zubac are playing for Croatia, Nurkic is playing for Bosnia, Satoransky for Czech R, Osman, Korkmaz and Ilyasova for Turkey, and more. Can't blaim on Bogi :(

I really hope his knee will be 100% fine in the future.

@sactownking
I think his knee will be fine. I can guarantee that he didn't injure his knee during that 3 minutes in the game. So, if anything happened, it could happen during practice too.

This is his last game for national team this year, he will have enough time to prepare himself for NBA season. I will post an update about Bogi tomorrow.

Btw, Schroeder and Kleber are playing for Germany, Saric, Bogdanovic, Zizic, Zubac are playing for Croatia, Nurkic is playing for Bosnia, Satoransky for Czech R, Osman, Korkmaz and Ilyasova for Turkey, and more. Can't blaim on Bogi :(

I really hope his knee will be 100% fine in the future.
Serbian I get many are playing. Bogdan has been playing international ball and basketball practically straight since the Olympics. Not good for any athlete. Just hope Bogi takes 1 summer off completely.

I’m sure with proper diagnosis and treatment he’ll be back on track again soon*

* Reminder that Matina* inc’s massive turnover of the entire organization got to the medical and training departments this summer

** Reminder that the captain of the worst days and moves in Sacramento history on the business side is unquestionably running business operations again. So, that’s a thing