Bogdan Bogdanovic

But he’s not athletic!!!!!! He will never be as good as Terrence Ross!
Actually he’s very athletic and long. When Bogdan was in Europe he routinely guarded opposing point guards and stopped dribble penetration. His length also made him quite a disruptive force.

my favorite aspect of Bogs is his IQ for the game. He understands how to play the right way and I'd hope that Joerger encourages him to shoot the ball more because the Kings desperately need some offensive punch from him and Hield.
I don’t think he has reached his peak. Doncic already has a step back where as Bogdan is still refining his step back. I think good post passers like Giles will also help him step up his game. His length and rest will help him finish around the rim.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don’t think he has reached his peak. Doncic already has a step back where as Bogdan is still refining his step back. I think good post passers like Giles will also help him step up his game. His length and rest will help him finish around the rim.
I'd imagine we will see a more improved Bogs next season just based on the fact that he has an offseason to rest, he mentioned how long the season is and exhausting and that's with him playing most of the year in Euro competition. How much more he can improve remains to be seen, he is 25 but there isn't a number on when a player stops developing, it's about the mindset, the drive and the willingness to add to your game each season or throughout the season even.

If we get Doncic in this draft, Bogi will be monumental to help him get situated in this league. I might even go so far to say, if I was Doncic, I'd look for a team with someone like Bogi who can completely relate to me and my situation to help me make the transition as smooth as possible.

This guy can do it all. Followed him since he came to his first professional league, back in Serbia. He is a die hard worker, you are just seeing glimpses of what he can do.

Bogdan is a leader, I’ve been reading some older posts here about how his ceiling is around 19-21ppg. A joke, he has just adapted to the NBA, he had always took some time to adapt to the new enviroment before exploding, his ceiling is way above that 20ppg. He has unique skill set and a very high basketball IQ, Vlade took a gem back in that trade with Phoenix. Knowing him and his work ethic, he won’t settle with mediocracy, and he will push this team to winning ways because he just doesnt accept losing.

Still remember that final series of Serbian league (Partizan - Red Star). 20yr old Bogdan dropped 35ppg in 36mpg. Amazing guy.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Bogdan is a leader, I’ve been reading some older posts here about how his ceiling is around 19-21ppg. A joke, he has just adapted to the NBA, he had always took some time to adapt to the new enviroment before exploding, his ceiling is way above that 20ppg.

Still remember that final series of Serbian league (Partizan - Red Star). 20yr old Bogdan dropped 35ppg in 36mpg. Amazing guy.
Actually, saying that Bogdan will average about 20 PPG is a pretty big compliment. Consider that over the past five seasons, there are an average of about 21 players per year that have scored 20 PPG for the season. That would make Bogdan basically a top-20 scorer in the NBA, nothing at all to sneeze at. If you raise it "way" above 20 PPG to 25 PPG, you're down to about 7 players a year that do that.

And 35 PPG? It's been done 8 times, EVER. Kobe, Jordan, Rick Barry, and Wilt Chamberlain 5 times.

We all really love Bogdan over here, but let's not get carried away.

(By the way, welcome to the board!)

Actually, saying that Bogdan will average about 20 PPG is a pretty big compliment. Consider that over the past five seasons, there are an average of about 21 players per year that have scored 20 PPG for the season. That would make Bogdan basically a top-20 scorer in the NBA, nothing at all to sneeze at. If you raise it "way" above 20 PPG to 25 PPG, you're down to about 7 players a year that do that.

And 35 PPG? It's been done 8 times, EVER. Kobe, Jordan, Rick Barry, and Wilt Chamberlain 5 times.

We all really love Bogdan over here, but let's not get carried away.

(By the way, welcome to the board!)
Ok, let’s put it this way. Bogdan is right now averiging 12ppg on 28mpg, so thats already around 16ppg on 36mpg with 0 (ZERO) improvement.

The guy has not had a single summer to work on hisself for his WHOLE career, because he was always available for national team. This will be Bogdan’s first free summer where he we will be able to work on his game and I bet you he is gonna work as hard as hell.

Coming to the NBA last year he came injured directly from the finals of Eurobasket where he was pushing that Serbian team hard throughout the whole tournament, playing almost 35minutes every other night in absence of other stars (Milos, Jokic, Beli..).

With the proper rest, proper and high quality NBA training noone can imagine him not elevating his game, with a year of NBA under his belt.

By way over 20ppg I meant the range of 23-25ppg, I think there is a huge difference between 20ppg and 23ppg, separating excelent and elite scorers. I just know he can do it.

(Thank you for welcoming :)

Ok, let’s put it this way. Bogdan is right now averiging 12ppg on 28mpg, so thats already around 16ppg on 36mpg with 0 (ZERO) improvement.

The guy has not had a single summer to work on hisself for his WHOLE career, because he was always available for national team. This will be Bogdan’s first free summer where he we will be able to work on his game and I bet you he is gonna work as hard as hell.

Coming to the NBA last year he came injured directly from the finals of Eurobasket where he was pushing that Serbian team hard throughout the whole tournament, playing almost 35minutes every other night in absence of other stars (Milos, Jokic, Beli..).

With the proper rest, proper and high quality NBA training noone can imagine him not elevating his game, with a year of NBA under his belt.

By way over 20ppg I meant the range of 23-25ppg, I think there is a huge difference between 20ppg and 23ppg, separating excelent and elite scorers. I just know he can do it.

Ah the ever loved per36s. I think if Bogdan is putting up 20-25ppg in under 30min we are probably not going to be a good team. I don't mean to put Bogie down, but what I'm saying is if this team is going to have any success you'll probably see much more balanced scoring and especially so from one of our key playmakers.

Ah the ever loved per36s. I think if Bogdan is putting up 20-25ppg in under 30min we are probably not going to be a good team. I don't mean to put Bogie down, but what I'm saying is if this team is going to have any success you'll probably see much more balanced scoring and especially so from one of our key playmakers.
I'm not really following the logic here.

Logic is that if your best or second best playmaker is averaging 20+PPG in his current minutes most likely Giles/Buddy/Bagley/Fox are not getting easy buckets and getting 12 or less a game.
Almost all the top players in the league score 20+ while being the best or second best playmakers on their teams.

Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, Butler, Jokic, Oladipo, Giannis, Lillard, Irving etc. I don't think Bogie is capable of it but he would be in some very elite company if he did what you were saying.

The Atlanta Hawks from a few years ago is about the only team in recent memory that had a bunch of guys all scoring around 15ppg with no real go to scoring leader. The Kings don't need everyone to score evenly to win games. The blueprint to winning games has almost always been having at least one elite scorer on the team.

Almost all the top players in the league score 20+ while being the best or second best playmakers on their teams.

Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, Butler, Jokic, Oladipo, Giannis, Lillard, Irving etc. I don't think Bogie is capable of it but he would be in some very elite company if he did what you were saying.

The Atlanta Hawks from a few years ago is about the only team in recent memory that had a bunch of guys all scoring around 15ppg with no real go to scoring leader. The Kings don't need everyone to score evenly to win games. The blueprint to winning games has almost always been having at least one elite scorer on the team.
That's the whole point.. I don't think Bogie is as good as those guys. So for him to score that much I think something would have to give.

That's the whole point.. I don't think Bogie is as good as those guys. So for him to score that much I think something would have to give.
Personally I thought Bogie should have shot the ball a lot more last year. Too many times he had a wide open shot at the beginning of the shot clock but pulled back to run a play and get his teammates involved. It's very unselfish for him to do that but a wide open shot from the second best shooter on the team is more efficient than rolling the dice by running a play.

If Boggy set his mind to scoring 20 PPG he could probably do it, but thats not his mindset or style. He rightfully loves to set up his teammates by getting his defender on his back, using angles, throwing lobs and whipping it to the weak side. He was probably too unselfish at times last year. I don't think he will ever be a 20+ PPG. He is more likely to average 16 PPG and 5 APG than 20 PPG and 2 APG.

Getting up to 23-25 PPG would require him to be a more explosive athlete so he could score when his shot is off by getting layups, dunks, and draw fouls. Increased athleticism would also allow him to break down his man with more regularity. Thats not his game. He has a good wingspan but he's not explosive enough around the paint to rise over the bigs with consistent success.

After 12/3/3 rookie year on 56% TS and where he was admittedly exhausted towards the end of the year (the coach said so), I think he is going to come back with more wind and endurance and experience under his belt and be around 16/4/4 on 58-60% TS. He's good enough to be 60% TS even without the finishing around the rim. I would give him 5 assist per game but with Yogi Mason and Fox having the ball a lot I think 4 assists is more reasonable projection, one more than last year.

On the other end, I think he is our best defender. Hopefully Giles and maybe even Buddy will challenge for this unofficial title.

If Boggy set his mind to scoring 20 PPG he could probably do it, but thats not his mindset or style. He rightfully loves to set up his teammates by getting his defender on his back, using angles, throwing lobs and whipping it to the weak side. He was probably too unselfish at times last year. I don't think he will ever be a 20+ PPG. He is more likely to average 16 PPG and 5 APG than 20 PPG and 2 APG.

Getting up to 23-25 PPG would require him to be a more explosive athlete so he could score when his shot is off by getting layups, dunks, and draw fouls. Increased athleticism would also allow him to break down his man with more regularity. Thats not his game. He has a good wingspan but he's not explosive enough around the paint to rise over the bigs with consistent success.

After 12/3/3 rookie year on 56% TS and where he was admittedly exhausted towards the end of the year (the coach said so), I think he is going to come back with more wind and endurance and experience under his belt and be around 16/4/4 on 58-60% TS. He's good enough to be 60% TS even without the finishing around the rim. I would give him 5 assist per game but with Yogi Mason and Fox having the ball a lot I think 4 assists is more reasonable projection, one more than last year.

On the other end, I think he is our best defender. Hopefully Giles and maybe even Buddy will challenge for this unofficial title.
I expect a much better year from Bogi. I can’t even count the number of times I saw him standing wide open at the three point line waiting for a pass. Saw the same thing with Giles in Summer League. With Giles and Beli on the floor it’s much less likely to happen unless Fox hogs the ball. Those three will see each other coming open early and deliver the ball on time.

Bogdan is a great passer. I want Hield and Fox to learn from him and develop similar skills. Giles, Bagley and Willie are capable of taking passes at the hoop on nearly very possession.