Bogdan’s comments after the Clipper game

Someone more inclined can post the links, but after the Clipper game, Bogdan briefly and measuredly showed his frustration about the slow starts.

He talks about effort and coming out hard, but gets into specifics saying that the Kings video work needs to improve. He appears to be focused on the team and systemic issues at the start. Perhaps this is a one off, but Bogdan talking here was interesting because: he seemed to be in a measured mode of “I’ve had enough of this nonsense so I’m gonna say something to try to effect change”; unlike most of the kids, Bogdan has received pro game prep; Bogdan isn’t old or jaded enough to yet say “whatever man, it’s Sacramento”

Aaron Bruski, who I know a large segment will disqualify on several grounds, tweeted that Bogdan was calling out obvious team issues that should be apparent to most of the local media. He points out that most of those folks are both refusing to cover the story and giving the problems false favorable media coverage regarding their benefits to the team. He implied this concerns couple of players getting a different set of rules.

I don’t know what Bogdan was pissed about or trying to say. But this concerns the culture word the team likes to throw around. If the young players are miserable about bad prep to the point that their oldest and most confident kid goes to the press, either things change for the better or kids shrug and say “This is Sacramento. Whatever I guess.” That’s the malaise that’s covered this team for a decade.

Also, if Bruski isn’t just throwing rocks, the local media is culpable here. In at least half the markets in the NBA, someone has the guts to write what’s really going on and the players don’t have to publicly complain.

5-7 years aside, it’s just always infuriating for players to play here. This looks like more of the same. This is why players tend to struggle here.

It seems like we’d be better off if the media, Bruski included because his tweet was mega cryptic, would say what is going on.

Bogdan says:
  • Kings need to work on their video
  • They(players?) need to prepare better
  • Game is in 2 days, so they'll have to get ready for that
  • Starters always starts slow, says they need to bring more hype(energy)
  • They need more team preparation
  • "If you create a culture, everyone will be better. 50% or more"
  • Good chemistry inside(lockeroom?), just need to translate it onto the court
  • Koufos is a good and funny person. Sets good screens
Kings are still dysfunctional? I'm surprised. Bogdan should be expecting these struggles because it is a rebuild. We're going towards a youth movement. He could certainly be a face of this team in the future, but this will not be the year where our W column will pile up.

Last edited:
Oh, you make a good point. I read that as saying the Kings weren’t doing enough to prep them. And he said it wasn’t a personel thing. Bruskis tweet is aimed at one or two players.

Perhaps his beef is that ZBo and Hill aren’t putting in the work, prep, scouting and time and he believes that a cause of slow starts. That’s sincerely helpful for my understanding. And perhaps I’m just off base.

He’s not abnormally frustrated, but it is a rookie choosing to call people out and raise and issue at / near the start of his press time. That seemed like measured venting to me. He didn’t push and he wasn’t pressed to clarify, so it’s hard to say.

Perhaps nothing. Again Bruski has his warts, but his @yeah Bogdan obviously” tweets reminds me of a Sam Amick tweet when someone (Deuce?) was fired from KHTK. He said the local media had then become all mirrors, no windows when it comes to their views on the Kings.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If anything, my take when I heard and read his comments are that Bogi is going to be the leader of this team when these vets are gone in a year or 2. Was listening to Doug Christie on the radio, said expect Bogi to be even better once he's surrounded with higher IQ players or current players catch up to him.

Listened to the clip, does not seem like he has specific beef with anyone/anything just responding to direct questions that were asked about the prep, slow starts, etc...for the slow starts he did not call out the current starting unit just said that the Kings have this issue as a team where whoever starts ends up starting slow...

now, even though he was asked about it, could his video/prep comments be interpreted as a dig at a coaching staff? lets see if his minutes drop today :)

Bruski went from "must follow" during the relocation saga, to "tired old know it all grouchy grandpa" and I eventually just stopped following him.

I you played a drinking game and had to take a shot every time Aaron Bruski did an "I told you so" tweet about Isaiah Thomas, you would definitely need to be in a rehab by now. He's just selling memberships in his stupid fantasy basketball hot tips club last I saw.

Yeah I disregard him on several grounds.

I think Bogi is emerging captain of the team and I like the fashion in which he's asserting himself. That was good politics right there in my view.

There was an instagram of him all chummy with George Hill captioned "my vet" or something like that - but maybe it was a shot at ZBo and Hill which is fine with me. I've joined the "ship out the vets - let the kids play" camp.

If anything, my take when I heard and read his comments are that Bogi is going to be the leader of this team when these vets are gone in a year or 2. Was listening to Doug Christie on the radio, said expect Bogi to be even better once he's surrounded with higher IQ players or current players catch up to him.
BB is DC on steroids, I mean almost DC defense, DC smarts, passing and decision making, with Mike Bibby shooting.

Doncic and Giles come to mind

I don't think there's anything cryptic behind Bogie's comments. You could cut and paste those comments to any losing team and they'd more than likely fit.

Bruski's comments are interesting if they're true. Who knows what that's about but I'd guess it would revolve around Hill and ZBo, which doesn't really surprise me if that was the case.

Bruski is right about the local media ignoring obvious problems and being the Kings spin artists. Even Dave is a part of it at this point. Not anyone you can trust locally. Bruski, who I don't always agree with, is still the one guy who will say what's obvious. The Bee barely covers the team and Jason Jones stopped caring awhile ago, so local media is just as "whatever" as the vets are about the team.

There's a lot of obvious problems and incompetence with the team that is apparent to everyone except the Kings management and coaching. Fans should be very angry, but they have to funnel that anger outside of the media. Local radio will filter calls until they find the dumbest angry person and set him up as a semi-strawman. Local TV doesn't care. Local paper doesn't care. So on and so on.

The reason the Kings continue to be a joke despite ownership, management, roster and coaching changes is that the team faces no expectations or standards. The fans need to start applying some standards.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm glad something was said, by anyone to be honest. Even if nothing was said to the media, if you watch closely, you can see some Kings players just laughing and smiling with the opposition out there as they are being took out to the woodshed, that's for another place and time. Show some desire, passion and displeasure towards your opponent. The funnest part so far watching the Kings was when both Hill & slow-bo were out and Temple came off the bench.