Kings reach agreement w/Bjelica 3yrs/$20.5M

Vlade reaching out to Bjelica? What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy like this can play until his late thirties because he gets by on his craftiness. For him 30 is not old.
Great, Please supply that list of great wings that have played late in the thirties. That's BS. It's more like the other way around. His minimal athletic skill will start to deteriorate. Not the other way around. Guys like Vince Carter have stood the test of time because of their athletic ability. Not slow, tall, lumbersome guys.

After watching some tape, kind of reminds me of a bigger slightly poor mans version of Joe Ingles. Smart player that makes the simple, logical pass/play like Bogi. Defensively he would seem terrible if you just look at his body but he uses his length and smarts well to be solid against wings and 4's. Guards will go around him for sure. Seems like Thibs was not using him right, since he was mostly a stand in the corner guy. I like the IQ and synergy that he and Bogi would bring to a team full of young athletes. Plus if the Kings are trying to zag while the rest of the league is going small you can get away with him at the 3 in stretches. You can also have spread the floor lineups like Fox, Buddy, Bogi, Bejelicia and one of the athletic bigs as the dive man.

Thibs was not using him right. So, Joerger will? Ok.

Great, Please supply that list of great wings that have played late in the thirties. That's BS. It's more like the other way around. His minimal athletic skill will start to deteriorate. Not the other way around. Guys like Vince Carter have stood the test of time because of their athletic ability. Not slow, tall, lumbersome guys.
What are you even yapping about? If he's serviceable for a couple years, that's great. No one should expect to get a 30-year-old and have him for the future. He's just saying he could potentially play longer because of his bball iq and his skills.

Doesn’t look like a small forward to me. Looks like a skilled stretch 4. We have a lot of athleticism in our front court now; I can see how he can add value. More shooters around D Fox makes sense to me. Huge upgrade over Skal.
The Wolves put him at 3, like I mentioned above, kinda in a Toni Kukoc kind of capacity. Assuming that we start Bagley and WCS, they should be good enough to cover his lack of quickness on defense.

Not sure about this. Know very little about him, and that doesn't help. The head lock that he gave to Afflalo makes me like him though.

If he can play 3, he has some value for us. Else, no matter his skill set, he will rarely see playing time. What's the point then?

Vlade has shown a marked reluctance to take on long term salary. That has been a wise move in my opinion. Giving one to Bjelica would be slightly strange for sure. However, given that we have only 8 players under contract next season (as of now), no first round pick, and won't be a top FA destination in an year when lot of teams will be flush with cap space, might not be a bad idea to get someone if they think he has value.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not sure about this. Know very little about him, and that doesn't help. The head lock that he gave to Afflalo makes me like him though.

If he can play 3, he has some value for us. Else, no matter his skill set, he will rarely see playing time. What's the point then?

Vlade has shown a marked reluctance to take on long term salary. That has been a wise move in my opinion. Giving one to Bjelica would be slightly strange for sure. However, given that we have only 8 players under contract next season (as of now), no first round pick, and won't be a top FA destination in an year when lot of teams will be flush with cap space, might not be a bad idea to get someone if they think he has value.
If you learn more about him, I think you'll view it with less skepticism.

No I didn't. :) I try not to put a lot of conditions on possible poll responses. I did add one more possible response, however.
Well technically you did still leave it out but I choose your option anyway. The Kings will have 3 of the top 50 shooters in the NBA percentage wise (assuming 150 plus attempts) on their team. If the Kings are again 28th in attempts because Fox can’t penetrate and kick out to open shooters .... just plan on banning me now.

Bird and McHale played until they were 35. Chris Mullin until 37 and Eddie Johnson until he was 39.

Quit sending those negative waves man:cool:

It can be a very good signing.
He can make life a lot easier for our young players with his floor-spacing.
He is really a 4 (not quick enough as a 3), but it's possible we can play him as a SF on offense and let Bagley guard the opposing SF on D.

It's not a big signing, but if the price is right it could be a solid move to compliment our core.

If Bagley can guard the opposing SFs, Bjelica can handle SF position on offense for sure. Good shooter with high basketball IQ and good skills. He is good ball handler for his position (he was a Point guard in "Red Star" when he was 21/22, so that is when he improved his ball handling and pass), solid defender, good rebounder, solid passer. He fits well with most of the teams, the question is, can he fit the Kings ? Bagley and Giles need minutes, so if you guys are confident that Bagley can guard SFs, then Beli can play alongside him and would be a great signing! He is one of my favourite players though...

Last edited:
It can be a very good signing.
He can make life a lot easier for our young players with his floor-spacing.
He is really a 4 (not quick enough as a 3), but it's possible we can play him as a SF on offense and let Bagley guard the opposing SF on D.

It's not a big signing, but if the price is right it could be a solid move to compliment our core.
The other player is WCS who could guard the opposing 3.

Defensively you could have.
Fox/Shumpert Point
Bogdan/Hield smaller wing
WCS/Bagley. Larger wing
Giles /WCS - Quicker Big
Beli / Skal / KK - Slower Big

Status
Not open for further replies.