BJax interview on KHTK this morning..

Bjax interview will be played this morning during the Rise Guys show on KHTK. Show runs between 5-9am. Should be in the 7 or 8 O'Clock hours.

Kevin "The Rat" Radnich who did the interview yesterday says that Bobby didnt start really working out till 2 weeks ago. That he gained some weight because he didnt do too much working out so he could heal properly.

Rat also said that Bjax is still abit upset at certain local media who said some things about him. .... I wonder who thats referring to?;)

slugking50 said:
Bjax interview will be played this morning during the Rise Guys show on KHTK. Show runs between 5-9am. Should be in the 7 or 8 O'Clock hours.

Kevin "The Rat" Radnich who did the interview yesterday says that Bobby didnt start really working out till 2 weeks ago. That he gained some weight because he didnt do too much working out so he could heal properly.

Rat also said that Bjax is still abit upset at certain local media who said some things about him. .... I wonder who thats referring to?;)
I was walking out of the Circus on Saturday at ARCO and there was one car in the parking lot of the practice facility. It was a black H2 with North Carolina license plates so I assumed it was B-Jax since I don' think any other players live there. I'm not really worried about Bobby getting into shape.....I just hope he is 100% healed.

Ryle said:
I was walking out of the Circus on Saturday at ARCO and there was one car in the parking lot of the practice facility. It was a black H2 with North Carolina license plates so I assumed it was B-Jax since I don' think any other players live there. I'm not really worried about Bobby getting into shape.....I just hope he is 100% healed.
I heard most of the interview which was played about 6:45am. Bobby said that he gained 15 pounds and that he is 100% healed!:D That he didnt play basketball that much. He said he should be ready by camp. Im not as talented as Reina so you guys can forget about a transcript from me. I dont have a taperecorder for a brain..lol:p

he also talked about the team, Peja, Petrie, those who questioned his heart. Was about a 8-10 minute interview.

M

Markezi

I hope Bobby BAGS on Napear all season long. I still can't believe Grant tore him a new you-know-what during the playoffs, questioning his heart and suggesting that he was being "selfish" for not trying to play.

If there is one player on the Kings who has proven again and again that he should be immune to criticism, it is without a doubt Bobby.

Reason #617 why Grant blows.

Markezi said:
I hope Bobby BAGS on Napear all season long. I still can't believe Grant tore him a new you-know-what during the playoffs, questioning his heart and suggesting that he was being "selfish" for not trying to play.

If there is one player on the Kings who has proven again and again that he should be immune to criticism, it is without a doubt Bobby.

amen brothah

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Markezi said:

word

C'mon Slug, you got to give us more details that that!;)

Wish I would have known, I love Bobby Jackson interviews. He speaks his mind, most definitely!:p

My phone rang this morning at around 6:30am, I woke up, didn't answer and went back to bed. I knew I should have woke up (now, that doesn't mean I would listen to the Rise guys, but I should have woke up nonetheless, I was almost late for my dentist appointment).

slugking50 said:

I think we dont need to worry abt Bobby's getting back into shape. That he will. There is still almost enough time. But I hope that he is not thinking too much abt the next season and getting better contracts and things like that. Hope that he will give his best this season and everyone knows that he will, but things like these tend to distract you.

Hope that this does not mean another unhappy player:(

bibbyweb said:
It's not like the Peja-Chris scenario. Napear questioned his heart(as well as the severity of his injury) saying that the doctors cleared him to play in the Minnesota series but Bobby "chose not to play". He has a right to be pissed off about that especially when everybody knows how hard he works and how hard he plays.

ReinadelosReys said:
C'mon Slug, you got to give us more details that that!;)

Wish I would have known, I love Bobby Jackson interviews. He speaks his mind, most definitely!:p

My phone rang this morning at around 6:30am, I woke up, didn't answer and went back to bed. I knew I should have woke up (now, that doesn't mean I would listen to the Rise guys, but I should have woke up nonetheless, I was almost late for my dentist appointment).
Oh, most definetely, most definetely

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I think BJax did exactly the right thing not trying to play in the playoffs. Muscle strains and tears, particularly those in the stomach, can nag forever if not properly healed. Too bad the media need to "make a story" sometimes instead of just saying it like it is.

Now if we can find a way to have BJax and Bibby on the floor more..... :) things will be OK. :D

Ryle said:
My friend flew into Sac on Sunday morning from Minnesota and said Bobby was on that flight. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I missed the interview on khtk.

oh good!!!! he's 100% !!!!! that's all that really matters. knowing how hard bobby works, i bet he looses those 15 pounds fairly quickly. i can't wait to see the energizer bunny again!!!!!!!!!!

GO BOBBY!!!!!

A

AriesMar27

I really dont care if we start the season off healthy, I just dont want one of them to be out of commission during the playoffs.... he can gain 30 pounds for all I care, as long as he is ready to go during the playoffs...

Markezi said:

WORD! (Bobby AND Napear)

and...

CruzDude said:
I think BJax did exactly the right thing not trying to play in the playoffs. Muscle strains and tears, particularly those in the stomach, can nag forever if not properly healed. Too bad the media need to "make a story" sometimes instead of just saying it like it is.

Now if we can find a way to have BJax and Bibby on the floor more..... :) things will be OK. :D
WORD!

and....
bibbyweb said:
I think we dont need to worry abt Bobby's getting back into shape. That he will. There is still almost enough time. But I hope that he is not thinking too much abt the next season and getting better contracts and things like that. Hope that he will give his best this season and everyone knows that he will, but things like these tend to distract you.

Even if his thoughts center around the next season and his upcoming contract, he should be thinking about impressing in this season and that foretells a great 2004-05 for Bobby.

Finally, a Kings player almost universally beloved for his heart, his hustle, and his work ethic!!

Most definitely! (that quote might actually be his biggest drawback :D ).

Go, Bobby! Go, Kings!

If Bobby comes back at full strength, or damn near close...this bench will be WAY better than last years. A healthy bench this year is twice as good as a last year's healthy bench.

SacKings384 said:
Did anyone actually hear this interview?
Your not questiong whether the interview took place now are you? Why would i write about what I heard if it didn't indeed take place?

I dont know if the afternoon show played or talked abou it cause I missed it but I heard Monty doing Koz's show so I quickly changed it.

Im sure it will be replayed soon by somebody.

There really weren't any suprises during his interview. The only new information I heard was about his condition, and his gaining 15 lbs.

However, Rat said he thought the weight looked like muscle, but he said it as an afterthought. It's possible he was just covering his behind for making a statement that could be construed as saying "Bobby is out of shape", or something like that.

He addressed the Peja issue, but it was nothing new. He just reiterated his earlier comments essentially saying Peja should be traded. Now, before you guys go crazy, he didnt' actually say it. His quote was something like, "why would you want to keep a player that doesn't want to be here". He made that statement at least 2 times during the interview, and again reiterated how he's got much love for Peja, but doesn't see it being a wise investment to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

They talked about golfing, because I guess Rat, Monty, and Bobby went golfing together, or something.

That was pretty much all I can remember offhand.

AceKingSuited said:
There really weren't any suprises during his interview. The only new information I heard was about his condition, and his gaining 15 lbs.

However, Rat said he thought the weight looked like muscle, but he said it as an afterthought. It's possible he was just covering his behind for making a statement that could be construed as saying "Bobby is out of shape", or something like that.

He addressed the Peja issue, but it was nothing new. He just reiterated his earlier comments essentially saying Peja should be traded. Now, before you guys go crazy, he didnt' actually say it. His quote was something like, "why would you want to keep a player that doesn't want to be here". He made that statement at least 2 times during the interview, and again reiterated how he's got much love for Peja, but doesn't see it being a wise investment to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

They talked about golfing, because I guess Rat, Monty, and Bobby went golfing together, or something.

That was pretty much all I can remember offhand.
Good that I wasn't the only one who heard it;)

I guess it was for the media in preperation for Bobby's charity golf event Sept 24th or the 23rd.

slugking50 said:
Good that I wasn't the only one who heard it;)

I guess it was for the media in preperation for Bobby's charity golf event Sept 24th or the 23rd.
I catch their show most mornings. I love Los Rise Guys.

BTW, for those who missed it yesterday, they're going to replay the Bjax interview at 8am on the The Sporty 1140.

They only replayed the part where he responded to the criticism of 'people who don't play or know the game of basketball' (Grant) Said the Kings organization and he were on the same page about playing with the injury (or rather, not playing) and that it made him respect the Kings organization even more, because, he felt, other teams wouldn't have cared about the possible long term effects on his health, and would have pressured him to play.

Ryan

I like turtles
I really hope BJax takes it easy at the start of the season. The past two years he's played all star quality ball and then gets tired or injured by playoffs. In any case, it's great to hear he's back to 100%

Ryan@CU said:
I really hope BJax takes it easy at the start of the season. The past two years he's played all star quality ball and then gets tired or injured by playoffs. In any case, it's great to hear he's back to 100%
I don't believe BJ has any speed but high speed. The guy goes all out which makes him such a force. He himself has said that he'd rather not play when he can't go all out in a game. It's his signature. I trust the guy knows his body well enough to know when to come back and once he's back - sit back and enjoy...

He's truly a force to behold...

Kingsgurl said:
They only replayed the part where he responded to the criticism of 'people who don't play or know the game of basketball' (Grant) Said the Kings organization and he were on the same page about playing with the injury (or rather, not playing) and that it made him respect the Kings organization even more, because, he felt, other teams wouldn't have cared about the possible long term effects on his health, and would have pressured him to play.
Thanks for this extra note. It's one of the tiny bits of information I love to hear because it tells me how much management has improved here from the earlier days (90's Kings) and also reflects EXTREMELY well on us to other players around the league. People wonder why basketball athletes always mention New York as a place they'd love to go, and a big reason why is because they pamper and overpay their players, but they also they have a reputation for treating them well. The Phoenix Suns & LA Lakers have also kept a good reputation over the years for treating their players well, and I'm glad to see the Kings maintaining an image around the league that will benefit this team and fans for years to come.

A big reason why teams stay bad for so long is bad management. The Warriors have had tons of talent pass through their fingers over the years, but a lot of the same guys sitting behind the desks calling the shots. I for one am extremely happy with our owners, GM and coaches, and I feel all of them have been absolutely huge in bringing a winning product to Sacramento.