Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s Vlades fault dumbass Joerger runs the offense through Randolph and plays him so much. **** no we need vets and Joerger probably called for ZBo and Vince.

Anyways we’re probably gonna be picking at 7 cause I doubt someone below that jumps us. So it’s between Bridges and Bamba or a 7/WCS grade up for Bagley with Orlando
I would be down to part with Willie to
Snag Bagley.....

ZBo balled out in that game...he was taking what the ad gave him
And finishing strong at the rack...this forum is too much sometimes...lol
I'll say. You've lost sight of the big picture.

Please, by all means, go ahead and explain how 36 yo ZBO balling out when the team has no shot at postseason play is a good thing for the franchise. The floor is yours...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OMG. Some of you really need to step back a bit and take a break. This team is more fun than it's been in a long time. ASK ANYONE who actually pays money and goes to the games. I swear NONE of you would have survived back in the days before Webber, Divac, etc. Sometimes it's not just abut the destination. It's also about the journey. You may snivel and whine about the draft and, while you're doing it, you miss a lot of good entertainment and fun.

But - whatever floats your boat. I'm done trying to get you to realize there's more to basketball than a championship. Ask Cubs fans. Feel free to dispute my comments. I may or may not answer. I'm gonna watch the game again.

GO KINGS!!

OMG. Some of you really need to step back a bit and take a break. This team is more fun than it's been in a long time. ASK ANYONE who actually pays money and goes to the games. I swear NONE of you would have survived back in the days before Webber, Divac, etc. Sometimes it's not just abut the destination. It's also about the journey. You may snivel and whine about the draft and, while you're doing it, you miss a lot of good entertainment and fun.

But - whatever floats your boat. I'm done trying to get you to realize there's more to basketball than a championship. Ask Cubs fans. Feel free to dispute my comments. I may or may not answer. I'm gonna watch the game again.

GO KINGS!!
When ZBo isn’t posting up for 10 seconds yes we’re fun to watch

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-14.png

Lins were hard to come by tonight, with both the Kings and the Magic winning against the bottom seeds in the East.

Five Lintenders are in action on Thursday, the marquee matchup being the Grizzlies hosting the Bulls - somebody's gotta win! The other three games of interest are the Knicks hosting the Sixers, the Hawks hosting the Hornets, and the Suns traveling to Utah.

Of course, tomorrow is also the first day of the NCAA tournament. CBS has a host of lottery prospects on its schedule, starting with Trae Young and the Oklahoma Sooners playing at 9:15 AM, Marvin Bagley, Wendell Carter, Gary Trent and the Duke Blue Devils playing at 11:45 AM, Kevin Knox, Shae Gilgeous-Alexander and the Kentucky Wildcats playing at 4:10 PM and DeAndre Ayton and the Arizona Wildcats playing at 6:40 PM. TNT will also feature some lottery prospects in their night slate, with Mikal Bridges and the Villanova Wildcats tipping off at 3:50 PM, followed by Collin Sexton and the Alabama Crimson Tide at 6:20 PM (all times PDT). And that's just Thursday!

GO KINGS!!
You need to stop speaking down to the pro tank crowd so much because their points of concern are very genuine and valid, as are those that think the draft doesn't matter and would rather not worry about it and enjoy wins. In 3 years if our young talent grows well together and we become a force then the pro tank crowd can look back and be like, yeah we definitely overreacted and those that think tanking is pointless can say see we told you so and we can all be happy. If our team doesn't progress as we hoped and we end up drafting someone at 7 or 8 in this draft and they don't pan out while everyone drafted in the top 4 or 5 does then, in so many words, we are screwed for a very long time and we can look back and say that winning games through the vets were some of the dumbest things we could've done and none of us will be happy because a really long rebuild is about to take even longer. I just want the team to win lots of games long term. I don't care how much fun they are having or how the atmosphere at Kings games is great, that's awesome, but I want us to be a good team that makes the playoffs consistently and I don't know how a balanced approach that involves vets that won't be here in a few seasons does that.

dude12

Hall of Famer
You need to stop speaking down to the pro tank crowd so much because their points of concern are very genuine and valid, as are those that think the draft doesn't matter and would rather not worry about it and enjoy wins. In 3 years if our young talent grows well together and we become a force then the pro tank crowd can look back and be like, yeah we definitely overreacted and those that think tanking is pointless can say see we told you so and we can all be happy. If our team doesn't progress as we hoped and we end up drafting someone at 7 or 8 in this draft and they don't pan out while everyone drafted in the top 4 or 5 does then, in so many words, we are screwed for a very long time and we can look back and say that winning games through the vets were some of the dumbest things we could've done and none of us will be happy because a really long rebuild is about to take even longer. I just want the team to win lots of games long term. I don't care how much fun they are having or how the atmosphere at Kings games is great, that's awesome, but I want us to be a good team that makes the playoffs consistently and I don't know how a balanced approach that involves vets that won't be here in a few seasons does that.
VF has very valid points......like it or not, very valid points. Most things on here have 2 sides and if you post here, there is no shortage of forum members to debate both sides of the equation.

You need to stop speaking down to the pro tank crowd so much because their points of concern are very genuine and valid, as are those that think the draft doesn't matter and would rather not worry about it and enjoy wins. In 3 years if our young talent grows well together and we become a force then the pro tank crowd can look back and be like, yeah we definitely overreacted and those that think tanking is pointless can say see we told you so and we can all be happy.
I agree 100% thanks for posting.

Five Lintenders are in action on Thursday, the marquee matchup being the Grizzlies hosting the Bulls - somebody's gotta win! The other three games of interest are the Knicks hosting the Sixers, the Hawks hosting the Hornets, and the Suns traveling to Utah.
I don't think anybody is going to catch the "Super Tank Team of the Year" in the Grizzlies. It wouldn't surprise me if the Grizz don't win another game the rest of this year.

That being said, a Bulls win tonight is more beneficial to us, because no one is going to catch the streaking Grizzlies!

The Kings are the only team showing any heart, pride, and competitiveness of the high lottery teams!

Hopefully the Lottery gods will smile on the Kings for showing heart come ping pong ball time! ;)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You know, it is possible to enjoy the game, and especially enjoy the young players like Fox, Jackson, Skal and Bogs, AND to cringe at seeing the vets on the floor winning a meaningless game that puts this team out of the elite draft tier and instead into the mediocre-ward of the draft. I do it all the time. That's part of being a Kings' fan - developing enough of a schizophrenic personality to love the kids and hate playing the vets who cause the lower draft pick. Now that I've said my piece, I've got to get back to driving Nurse Ratched nuts...

VF has very valid points......like it or not, very valid points. Most things on here have 2 sides and if you post here, there is no shortage of forum members to debate both sides of the equation.
I think her post was a bit unnecessary in this thread, but perhaps it was warranted last night. We beat a team playing for their playoff lives in an exciting game where the kids stepped up and hit clutch shots and people came and dumped all over it in the game thread. She was rightfully upset about this imho because some people are watching the games now and trying to enjoy their team. I do want a high draft pick this year and in general came into the year being pro tank. But sometimes you just have to appreciate progress. If we keep losing every game like that we have no way to quantify exactly what we're doing and losing becomes acceptable for the kids we have right now.

It's like the 9ers winning 5 straight with Jimmy to close the season. They just played themselves (and cost my team a high 2nd) out of good draft pick. But ya know, maybe having some success to build on ain't terrible either.

Great post, looks like Vlade is getting a free pass because he played for us. We are told to enjoy meaningless wins against teams that are missing their star players while other teams are prepping to draft the next big thing.

I don't think anybody is going to catch the "Super Tank Team of the Year" in the Grizzlies. It wouldn't surprise me if the Grizz don't win another game the rest of this year.

That being said, a Bulls win tonight is more beneficial to us, because no one is going to catch the streaking Grizzlies!

The Kings are the only team showing any heart, pride, and competitiveness of the high lottery teams!

Hopefully the Lottery gods will smile on the Kings for showing heart come ping pong ball time! ;)
And speaking of the Grizz, their tanking is going to cost them Gasol, who will demand a trade. Moreover, Gasol has so much goodwill built up that he will be able to demand specific teams to be traded to, severely undercutting the Grizzlies’ leverage. At that point, Conley will also be quietly available. They’ll still have Parsons though, so there’s that. And maybe Ayton, but more likely Bagley or Porter. Sounds awesome.

None of this occurs in a vacuum. Our young guys are getting noticed. We should be prepared to be pleasantly surprised in free agency this year. I actually like Mikal Bridges more than the guys traditionally listed at 4-6, so I’m personally more comfortable with our present situation. I know we could always maneuver down, etc., but things can get dicey if an owner falls in love with MPJ, for instance.

Great post, looks like Vlade is getting a free pass because he played for us. We are told to enjoy meaningless wins against teams that are missing their star players while other teams are prepping to draft the next big thing.
I think you're taking it too far. I don't think all wins are meaningless, just the ones that involve the vets playing big minutes and roles. If a game is won on the backs of our young guys, like last night, then I have no problem with it at all because I want these kids to know what winning a game themselves feels like. Hard to get mad when you see stuff like that. What I have a problem with is that this has only been the case in about 2/3 of our wins. The other 1/3 has been won purely on the backs of vets that I think does little for player development or our future.

Also I think Vlade does have a longer leash because of his history with the team, but he hasn't been bad enough to warrant firing. The Chriss trade has turned out to be very in our favor.

I've seen plenty of criticism from those saying that they are tired of the pro-tank comments in every thread. Vlade has made mistakes. And he has recognized some and made moves to rectify them.

You don't have to enjoy the wins. That is on you. But you can respect those that do. There is a lot more common ground between the pro- and anti-lin crowds than you might think. Many on both sides want the youth. Many on both sides are fine with what happens as long as it's the youth. And then there are the others.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When ZBo isn’t posting up for 10 seconds yes we’re fun to watch
I do not disagree.

Pot? Meet kettle. ALL I've asked this whole time is that people keep the negative pro-tank talk out of the game thread. And what happens? Virtually every game somebody STILL feels they just must post something in that vein in said game thread. I fully understand the need for a good draft pick. I've been an NBA fan since 1963. I also fully understand the need to build a young team with a strong foundation. And, surprisingly, I also understand that sometimes a team can do pretty much everything wrong for so long that fans lose faith.

pdxkingsfan did make a valid point in that I probably shouldn't have made the comments here in ONE of the tank threads. But you know what? If people had just stayed out of the game thread, I most likely would not have lost my damn mind.

You guys that keep harping about the veterans need to look at the improvement of our rookies under the tutelage of Dave Joerger. You think that's all just luck or an accident? Or could it maybe (just maybe) be a result of his slow and methodical approach to integrating them into the game over the season while they've got the benefit of some pretty good veteran mentors?

Z-Bo irritates the crap out of me. I wish we played him less and depended on him less. But without Skal we were in a bit more of a bind than usual. As usual, though, Z-Bo faded at the end and it was the kids that pulled the game out of the fire. They're learning lessons that will serve them well in the next year or two when those grizzled veterans are mere memories.

I want my Kings to put a product on the court that is enjoyable to watch. I want the players to be an integral part of our community. I want the symbiotic relationship between the team and the fans to continue as it is truly unique and special. Going to the playoffs is definitely a goal. Winning a championship? That would be the pretty little flowers that hold the candles on the icing on the cake.

Pot? Meet kettle.
Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I don't talk down to the pro win crowd. By all means have your opinion. Enjoy the game. I just think it's funny how if one person on this site disagrees with how the game is going or complains about how Joerger is doing then they get crucified for it. Their opinions aren't just radical ramblings of crazy people, they are very real concerns about this teams long term future, and given how long it's been since we've been a relevant team in the NBA landscape, I think they're really, really warranted. Which also leads into the game thread. The game thread is supposed to be for observations people are making during the game and their thoughts they have while they are watching it. If Zach Randolph and Garrett Temple have each received 20 minutes into a meaningless game while Hield and Skal have seen 8 why aren't they allowed to voice their concerns about this? Is that not an observation made while watching the game? I agree that some people on this site take this too far, but others are just annoyed with seeing players that aren't going to matter in a few years take important minutes away from those that are. If you only want one type of opinion on a game thread then either ban the people that voice differing opinions or create a separate game thread that reads "Game Thread = Positivity only."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The game thread is supposed to be for observations people are making during the game and their thoughts they have while they are watching it.
Ah, the straw man. I've made my objections perfectly clear about what goes too far in the game threads.

If you only want one type of opinion on a game thread then either ban the people that voice differing opinions or create a separate game thread that reads "Game Thread = Positivity only."
IT'S THE GAME THREAD, a chance to pretend you're with your fellow fans either at the game or a viewing party watching the game. That's why it was started many years before you were a member of this forum. What it was turning into was just another endless list of complaints and negative comments that bordered on trolling. Not by everyone, but by a select few who couldn't stand that a few of us were still able to find joy in watching the game.

I agree that some people on this site take this too far...
And THOSE are the ones to whom my comments have been addressed. It's one thing to make a comment while being an active participant of the game thread. It's another thing altogether to do a drive-by troll comment.

If you only want one type of opinion on a game thread then either ban the people that voice differing opinions or create a separate game thread that reads "Game Thread = Positivity only."
Ah, but I don't have to either. Here's a quote from our very own board FAQ:

1a. Game threads. The game threads are for real time discussion of the game in progress. They are not for philosophical debates, arguments about coaching styles, heated rhetoric about certain player(s) or anything else that generally detracts from the feel of the game. They are intended to be a way for fans to share the game experience without having to be in G1C.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have NEVER banned people who voice differing opinions, nor would I. The only thing I'm asking for is a bit of common courtesy towards those who can still find joy in watching the Kings, draft selection be damned. The draft status is NOT part of the real time discussion of the game in progress. There are a myriad of threads devoted to the draft, to tanking, to what coaching philosophy people think should be used, etc. Just not the game thread.

Frustrated because a player makes a bad, dumb or ill-advised play? Fine. That's part of the game discussion. Frustrated because you think the Kings are still headed in the wrong direction, playing the vets too many minutes, ruining what you think is our best chance to improve? That's NOT part of the game discussion, at least not while the game is in progress.

This isn't rocket science. In the ONE thread at a time that people get together in to share impressions of the game in progress, just let them do so. They've had enough rain on their parades. They don't need somebody on the roof top with large buckets. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-15.png

All of the Lintenders managed a loss today with the exception of the Bulls, who were saddled with the near-impossible task of losing to the Grizzlies. I understand that they *almost* managed it, even so.

Friday there are four relevant games. The Kings travel to Golden State, but they're facing a Warriors team missing Curry, Thompson, and maybe Durant. Meanwhile Orlando will host Boston, The Nets will go to Philadelphia, and the Mavericks will get their visas stamped on the way to Toronto.

On top of the NBA action, there are going to be - potentially - four possible lottery picks playing in the NCAA tournament tomorrow. Mohamed Bamba, who has been fighting a toe injury, may be playing for the Texas Longhorns at 1:30 on TBS. Jared Jackson and Miles Bridges will both suit up for the Michigan State Spartans at 4:10 on CBS. And Michael Porter (return from back injury, did play in the team's final conference tourney game) may play for the Missouri Tigers at 6:50 on TBS. (All times PDT)

lmfao so where's all the fans (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) who said we have PLENTTTTTTY of time for linning? LOL yeah right.

LOL go ahead and celebrate a Warriors win where they played a GLeague player 40mins, and they were without Curry, Klay, and Durant. GREAT FOR OUR FUTURE WINNING AGAINST A GLEAGUE TEAM.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I can't get too excited about beating the depleted Warriors.

But the kids played well, so I can't get too upset either.

It helps that I've given up on us getting a high pick. Carter or one of the Bridges won't be the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.