Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re overdue getting handed a future MVP candidate, seeing as how its never happened. I am one that believes the gentle hand of the league’s best interest helps guide these things. And, given our location and our owner’s importance to expanding the NBA into a massive untapped market, there is no better program/city for Luka Doncic. Our front office is personally familiar with the game he is used to, the transition he will be making, and the various pressures he will have on him as the savior of a small, basketball-mad country. He will find a sizable Balkan community in Sacramento, but he is also fluent in Spanish. He plays with joy, and is poised to be an international sensation. It would only make too much sense to pair him with the owner determined to open the Indian market to the NBA. Silver has all but said we will have an All-Star game at some point during the 20s. Well, time for us to get the face of that All-Star game.

We’re overdue getting handed a future MVP candidate, seeing as how its never happened. I am one that believes the gentle hand of the league’s best interest helps guide these things. And, given our location and our owner’s importance to expanding the NBA into a massive untapped market, there is no better program/city for Luka Doncic. Our front office is personally familiar with the game he is used to, the transition he will be making, and the various pressures he will have on him as the savior of a small, basketball-mad country. He will find a sizable Balkan community in Sacramento, but he is also fluent in Spanish. He plays with joy, and is poised to be an international sensation. It would only make too much sense to pair him with the owner determined to open the Indian market to the NBA. Silver has all but said we will have an All-Star game at some point during the 20s. Well, time for us to get the face of that All-Star game.
Right can we get a number 1 pick I mean damn they gave Cleveland back to back, Laker got numerous number 2 picks in a span, and Orlando always gets the 1st pick. About damn time they could hand us Doncic or Ayton but I won’t hold my breathe

I sure hope so and the conspiracy part of my brian can really buy into this haha

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-10.png

Of the Lintenders, only the Bulls pulled off a win today. The Magic are teetering on the edge of elimination from the playoffs, and will most likely get bumped tomorrow if the hyper-tank Grizz manage their 18th loss in a row to the Bucks. The only other game of relevance will be the Kings/Thunder, and with the Kings on a second half of a back to back coming off a spanking in Denver, don't expect any new wins in the table come Monday.

Fun game tomorrow (4:30PM, PDT). The Knicks are currently three games behind us, so haven't really been on the radar. Until Christmas they played like they might squeak into the playoffs, then did worse for a month, then won only one game in the last six weeks. Dallas stinks on the road, but will they stink enough to stop the Knicks linning streak at 7?

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
3-11.png

It wasn't a very super-exciting day in Tank World. The Kings got an expected loss, and the Grizz continued their Hinkie-esque skid, reaching 18 straight lins. Due to Milwaukee's win over the Grizzlies, the Magic were finally eliminated from the playoffs and earned their first 7 lotto combos.

Tuesday promises to be a much more active day in Tank World, with seven true Lintenders in action. The most interesting game of the night is the Knicks hosting the Mavericks - somebody's gotta win! The other five relevant games may well be losses for the Lintenders, but at least there's always the chance... The other games in question are: The Hawks hosting the Thunder (second half of a back-to-back on the road...could the Thunder stumble?), the Nets hosting the Raptors, The Bulls hosting the Clippers, the Magic traveling to San Antonio, and the Suns hosting the Cavaliers.

View attachment 7422

It wasn't a very super-exciting day in Tank World. The Kings got an expected loss, and the Grizz continued their Hinkie-esque skid, reaching 18 straight lins. Due to Milwaukee's win over the Grizzlies, the Magic were finally eliminated from the playoffs and earned their first 7 lotto combos.

Tuesday promises to be a much more active day in Tank World, with seven true Lintenders in action. The most interesting game of the night is the Knicks hosting the Mavericks - somebody's gotta win! The other five relevant games may well be losses for the Lintenders, but at least there's always the chance... The other games in question are: The Hawks hosting the Thunder (second half of a back-to-back on the road...could the Thunder stumble?), the Nets hosting the Raptors, The Bulls hosting the Clippers, the Magic traveling to San Antonio, and the Suns hosting the Cavaliers.
Kings win 2 more games and they will be picking 6-11. No more games and 3-8. A few wins here and there make a difference.

Boston.

The Kings are going to play a large role in building a title team. Just not necessarily one in Sacramento
If the kings are gonna screw themselves im at least gonna make some money off it. Those games against Phoenix and Memphis, you know joegers gonna come out hard against them. Play temple Koufos and Vince heavy minutes. And in the kings stupidity, they are gonna make me some MONEY!

Kings win 2 more games and they will be picking 6-11. No more games and 3-8. A few wins here and there make a difference.
The Kings are almost certain to win 2 more games as are all the teams on this list except Memphis and maybe Orlando and Phoenix.

I also expect that if teams manage to close out the entire season with another 15 straight losses on top of their current streaks picks will be stripped because at that point they're not even playing to their percentages...

The Kings are almost certain to win 2 more games as are all the teams on this list except Memphis and maybe Orlando and Phoenix.

I also expect that if teams manage to close out the entire season with another 15 straight losses on top of their current streaks picks will be stripped because at that point they're not even playing to their percentages...
You really think they'd strip them of picks? I just don't think anything will ever be done to that extent since it would be very difficult to prove anything.

You really think they'd strip them of picks? I just don't think anything will ever be done to that extent since it would be very difficult to prove anything.
I don't know, they've issued warnings. If 2-3 teams all lost 20 games in a row to close? despite winning at a ~.333 clip for the first 60? Yeah I think there would be repercussions. Especially the ones resting healthy starters.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings' broadcasters continue to spew dissonant, inconsistent ambivalence regarding the subject of playing the youth. NOW they seem fully on board about playing the youngins. But give 'em a couple of days and we'll hear about how playing the vets is invaluable for this young team. :rolleyes: Just amazing how they and the management who they mirror are so wishy-washy.

By the way, who the heck is out there scouting the college talent? I keep seeing Vlade and Peja at the games, so who are the ones actually putting in the miles to scout the talent?

The bad news: With four awful teams ahead of us, even linning out the season wouldn't guarantee anything better than 5th, and unless Orlando starts winning more, a 4th-5th tie would be the most likely result.
The good news: Finishing over 9th is essentially impossible, whoever is 10th will have at least 32 wins, requiring a 11-3 season finale for Kings to maybe tie them.

That's not to belittle the difference between 5th and 9th, but no need to worry about anything more dramatic.

Here's a thought... What if ping pong balls weren't determined by ranking, but rather by overall team performance? With the current system, it's pretty normal to see ties, and groups of several teams fighting it out within a game or two of each other, because ranking is all that matters. Elsewhere in the rankings, there may be gaps of several wins between a team and the one above or below it, which don't matter now, but seem like they should. It would make a lot more sense if every 25 win team got the same chances, and 24 or 26 win teams got very close to that, but that a 32 win team wouldn't, even if it was the next in the rankings.

What if it’s in the NBA’s best interest for Ayton and Doncic to both become stars and Memphis is a smoking crater of an organization? They fired a playoff coach with ties to Lebron, Riley, and Spoelstra a month into the season....really a “hold my beer” moment after our firing of Malone. After they fired Joerger. Chris Wallace is their GM. Stern would have slid them to the #4 spot with a quickness come lottery time.

I'm surprised how many times the top losing teams play against each other the remainder of the season.
From what I see looking at remaining schedules and baring injuries Orlando and Dallas have a good chance of topping the Kings in wins. Brooklyn about even with the Kings, Chicago is currently up two games so hope that continues. Forget Memphis, Atlanta, and Phoenix. they are pretty much locked in to the worst records.

Last edited:
Good on Dallas beating NY at home. I had high hopes for both Atlanta and Brooklyn as wining looked promising for both until the 4th.
Yeah, Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago and NY all played well through the first half, then gave it away in the 3rd quarter. NY has now lost 16 of their last 17 games, and is looking very dangerous.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm just gonna assume we'll #kangz this up and get pick 9 or 10, whilst Vlade and Joerger pat themselves on the back for taking the high road.

So.... Carter or one of the Bridges?

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
3-13.png

The tank was strong today, with only the Mavericks amongst the Lintenders getting the win, and that against another Lintender in the Knicks. The only other notable news was that the Nets were finally eliminated from playoff contention (by math, anyway - they were done a long time ago).

Wednesday is a relatively light day, with the only Tankathon teams playing being the Kings (hosting the Heat) and the Magic (hosting the Bucks).

And just when you least expect it, the Magic beat the Bucks!
which is irrelevant because we root for the absolute dumbest franchise in sports, and we're going to ride our 40 year old vets to a meaningless win tonight and certainly more meaningless wins before the end of the season, cost ourselves a star, miss our lotto pick next year, lose our young talent guys to high salary, and have to restart the rebuild again in 2020 working on the longest streak of playoffless ineptetude in the history of basketball.

if you aren't going to commit to rebuilding don't trade Boogie....

It's ok though because we LOVE THIS! and 30 win seasons into infinity is Great!

which is irrelevant because we root for the absolute dumbest franchise in sports, and we're going to ride our 40 year old vets to a meaningless win tonight and certainly more meaningless wins before the end of the season, cost ourselves a star, miss our lotto pick next year, lose our young talent guys to high salary, and have to restart the rebuild again in 2020 working on the longest streak of playoffless ineptetude in the history of basketball.

Did you post this before or after we beat Miami?

I was more than ok with DFOX making the big play to send the game OT and Bogie hitting the big 3 in OT. I'm totally fine with the youngins making plays to win games.

What I don't like is Coach Joeger calling iso plays with Randolph in the post when the team needs a basket. What's the freaking point of that? Staying close and winning occassional games with 36 yo ZBo makes ZERO sense. Win with the youth or not at all.

22 points and 16 shots for ZBO makes me ILL.

I was more than ok with DFOX making the big play to send the game OT and Bogie hitting the big 3 in OT. I'm totally fine with the youngins making plays to win games.

What I don't like is Coach Joeger calling iso plays with Randolph in the post when the team needs a basket. What's the freaking point of that? Staying close and winning occassional games with 36 yo ZBo makes ZERO sense. Win with the youth or not at all.

22 points and 16 shots for ZBO makes me ILL.
ZBo balled out in that game...he was taking what the ad gave him
And finishing strong at the rack...this forum is too much sometimes...lol

Fans are ok with accepting mediocrity that’s why we will be picking 7th again.

Can’t blame coach for his hand, I can blame the the guy in charge thinking it was a good idea signing useless vets like Hill and Zach during a year we are suppose to tank.
It’s Vlades fault dumbass Joerger runs the offense through Randolph and plays him so much. **** no we need vets and Joerger probably called for ZBo and Vince.

Anyways we’re probably gonna be picking at 7 cause I doubt someone below that jumps us. So it’s between Bridges and Bamba or a 7/WCS grade up for Bagley with Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.