Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, i dont agree, Fox is legitimate. Killed February. that 3 point shot is coming together
He doesn't do a single thing at an above average clip other than take the ball coast to coast once every other game. Right now he is terrible in almost every facet of the game. I'm not saying he can't improve but at the moment his statistics say that he is one of the worst players in all of basketball.

He doesn't do a single thing at an above average clip other than take the ball coast to coast once every other game. Right now he is terrible in almost every facet of the game. I'm not saying he can't improve but at the moment his statistics say that he is one of the worst players in all of basketball.
All our starters are basically bottom 20 in terms of plus/minus. Dont think we need to pin Fox down

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fox's rookie numbers are incredibly similar to Mike Conley's who I think he has the most in common with. Mike had more talent around him, or at least more established talent at the time. If the Kings can get talent around Fox I would not be at all surprised if he has a similar career trajectory.

Kings are currently in a 4-way tie for the #3 slot.. this tank race is getting too much for me. I'm pretty sure we can't catch up to Memphis and their GLeague roster. I'm glad that their players are getting a shot in the NBA though. But the Grizz really just played Ben 38mins... Kobi Simmons 28...Rathan-Mayes 28..Deyonta Davis 19...Mark Henry 19..Wayne Seldon 16..and Ivan Rabb 11.

Kings are currently in a 4-way tie for the #3 slot.. this tank race is getting too much for me. I'm pretty sure we can't catch up to Memphis and their GLeague roster. I'm glad that their players are getting a shot in the NBA though. But the Grizz really just played Ben 38mins... Kobi Simmons 28...Rathan-Mayes 28..Deyonta Davis 19...Mark Henry 19..Wayne Seldon 16..and Ivan Rabb 11.
Yeah they are tanking hard.

Who are you comparing him to? Or are you just looking at stats? I have watched every game this season and what you state does not measure up to the eye test. Last time I looked the Kings had THREE players in the Top Ten for assists..................among Rookies.

Who are you comparing him to? Or are you just looking at stats? I have watched every game this season and what you state does not measure up to the eye test. Last time I looked the Kings had THREE players in the Top Ten for assists..................among Rookies.
I'm comparing him to the league with the eye test and stats. He doesn't pass neither so far.

Which part of his game passes the eye test to you? His 3 point shooting has been better than many of us thought, he's actually been pretty clutch and he's excellent at going coast to coast. Other than that, he's been really really bad at nearly everything else. Many of his assists are just kick backs to ZBo. He doesn't find his teammates like Bogie does. Many of his assists are just of the "last guy to pass the ball" variety.

I'm not saying he can't get better but you are not having a good year when you have one efficient game every 10 games or so. He has a really long way to go and I'm not going to pretend like this was a successful rookie campaign when a handful of stats have him as the worst or one of the worst players in basketball.

This is why i was pulling my hair out earlier in the year when we beat these other tanker teams. At end of year everone is aiming hard for the bottom. Best to head into the all star break with a little cushion. Oh well, maybe we catch a few ping pong balls. Will be ver depressing to see us move backwards ontop of ending out of top 5.

Not Joegers fault unless he sat all the vets and played the rookies 36 min a game
Completely joegers fault. Have no idea what he is trying to prove. Cooley and Bruno can play 35 mins would be great for me. Why halfway tank with resting randolf? Might as well have started him. Look at Memphis. Kings not careful they will be drafting out of the top 5 all for a few "big" wins over garbage teams.

Fox and WCS already out ao i dont see how we are adding to developement watching Temple have his way for 36 mins to bring in the W

As a side note: the fact that Temple abd KK look like near all stars against these teams tells you all you need yo know about the oppoistions desire to win and level of talent put on court

Last edited:
Completely joegers fault. Have no idea what he is trying to prove. Cooley and Bruno can play 35 mins would be great for me. Why halfway tank with resting randolf? Might as well have started him. Look at Memphis. Kings not careful they will be drafting out of the top 5 all for a few "big" wins over garbage teams.

Fox and WCS already out ao i dont see how we are adding to developement watching Temple have his way for 36 mins to bring in the W
Kings are certain to draft out of the top 5. That’s one reason why I have lost all hope

Kings are certain to draft out of the top 5. That’s one reason why I have lost all hope
Lol. Thats why im annoyed at joeger and Vlade because we are clearly a bottom 5 team, yet we are allowing these other teams to out manuver us. Foolishness

A top 1 or 2 pick this year, whether we useit or trade back is what we need to accelerate a rebuild

Mem, atl, phx, orl, dal, chic, cavs are all smiling at the box score.

Certain? Even if they end up with 6th-10th worst record, there is a little thing called the lottery. Now, is winning the lottery unlikely as a 6th-10th seed? Yes. Is it certain? No.

And looking at fivethirtyeight.com, it predicts the Kings to have the 4th worst record at the end of the year. Now I'm not saying that's what WILL happen but even prediction software has us ending up in the bottom 5. Are you really certain that the Kings are going to draft out of the top 5? Certain?

As a side note: the fact that Temple abd KK look like near all stars against these teams tells you all you need yo know about the oppoistions desire to win and level of talent put on court
We’re not drafting in the top 5 and I doubt we move up 2 years in a row. Let’s be happy that 5-8 in this draft are good players

How does Phx loose so many games? I can see us behind Memphis and Atl, but Phx not being able to win with Payton booker Warrin Chris and Jackson is astonishing. They should be right where the lakers are.

This franchise will continue to be directionless and leaderless for eternity apparently. Kings seem to do this every year. Winning pointless games, stuck in mediocrity. Need a top 3 pick this year. Already looking like we won't get it. Better hope whoever we pick at 7 turns out to be a star because if not, we'll be right back here again in 5 years, with all the same people still calling for winning meaningless games and letting the chips fall where they may.

By the way, watch the Kings start to win even more against the bottom teams as they start to prepare for the draft. We'll be pumping our fists at the moral victories provided by Temple and Randolph, while other teams come away with Ayton/Doncic/Bagley and a far brighter future.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Joerger was positively in ecstasy over the win against Orlando. I've never seen him happier in a post-game, talking about the great effort of the team. Probably had something to do with his 200th win. (The only one happier was Kayte, who announced she was pregnant; I guess the 200th for Joerger is like a new baby boy). As Reynolds said, it was the veterans that won this one - Temple, Koufos, Carter, with 23, 18, and 15 points respectively. That's from a 31-year old, a a 29-year old, and a 41-year old. There's your core. Man, I got this one wrong. I was sure that rationality would prevail and that after the break it would be full-on youngins because it would give the youngins that much more experience and because it would be an implicit tank, yielding the Kings a top 5 pick. After all, when you don't have a pick for next year, doesn't this year's #1 become even more important? When I see Vlade giving high fives in the last win and Joerger gushing over this win I'm just left wondering - what do they know that I don't? Is there some top-secret pick they know about that nobody else does in the 6-10 range of the draft? Is a fantastic trade in the offing for the summer? What exactly. If they are gushing about increasing their odds on losing Ayton, Bagley, and Jackson they have to think those guys are over-rated, right? I mean, who needs those guys when you can have Knox, Bridges, or the half-decade project in Bamba. I'm just left searching for answers. Maybe they are totally fatalistic about the whole thing and are just leaving it to mythical basketball gods to win the lottery for them. Seems like a make-believe world to me, but what do I know.

Joerger was positively in ecstasy over the win against Orlando. I've never seen him happier in a post-game, talking about the great effort of the team. Probably had something to do with his 200th win. (The only one happier was Kayte, who announced she was pregnant; I guess the 200th for Joerger is like a new baby boy). As Reynolds said, it was the veterans that won this one - Temple, Koufos, Carter, with 23, 18, and 15 points respectively. That's from a 31-year old, a a 29-year old, and a 41-year old. There's your core. Man, I got this one wrong. I was sure that rationality would prevail and that after the break it would be full-on youngins because it would give the youngins that much more experience and because it would be an implicit tank, yielding the Kings a top 5 pick. After all, when you don't have a pick for next year, doesn't this year's #1 become even more important? When I see Vlade giving high fives in the last win and Joerger gushing over this win I'm just left wondering - what do they know that I don't? Is there some top-secret pick they know about that nobody else does in the 6-10 range of the draft? Is a fantastic trade in the offing for the summer? What exactly. If they are gushing about increasing their odds on losing Ayton, Bagley, and Jackson they have to think those guys are over-rated, right? I mean, who needs those guys when you can have Knox, Bridges, or the half-decade project in Bamba. I'm just left searching for answers. Maybe they are totally fatalistic about the whole thing and are just leaving it to mythical basketball gods to win the lottery for them. Seems like a make-believe world to me, but what do I know.
Your post just takes me back to the Suns first game with the kings. As the Phoenix Suns telecast was closing for the night Eddie Johnson asked "what are the kings attempting to do? Win with their vets or see what they have with all their young guys? What direction are they going in?"

Vlade jumping for joy over last nights win, more-so than joeger and the players, is just a total downer for me and does not bode well for the future. What a joke this entire franchise is.

Last edited:
There is no plan. They didn't try to tank early. When thing became mildly toxic in the middle of the season, they marched out the media minions to say "Totes tanking yo" When the rest of the league got serious about tanking about 4-6 weeks ago, the Kings didn't have the stomach to follow suit. Perhaps that has something to do with the size of the proposed fines and the depth of the Kings pockets. They know they won't get back down to the bottom 3, so last night was about ignoring the big picture and math and just enjoying the ride to nowheresville

This time last year, the spin was don't sweat that we traded Cousins. We didn't have a real star player and drafting 7 each year is a road to nowhere. We're going to do a proper rebuild. 12 months later, we don't have that star prospect and the math favors us picking 7.

Vlade not celebrating a game winner by Skal should get him fired.

Bruno with 0 mins is ridiculous. I thought Malachi was traded because Bruno could be a piece at SF which we needed. NOPE. Should have released Carter and kept Malachi if we were not going to give Bruno mins.
This win, and how we won it, irks me more than any game this season. Can't begin to express how moronic I think it is. Joeger is an idiot too if he would rather collect these meaninless wins while shooting himself in the foot for following years. Grrrr. After a full night of sleep im more upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.