Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't fall out of the top 8. Falling out of the top 4 is disgusting enough, but landing at 9 or lower would absolutely be a fire-able offense given our current situation.
Who are you firing because it is almost a sure thing we win 4 more. Memphis and Phoenix are tanking hard. Dallas will want to hold position and Houston will rest everyone the last game. Not to mention an injured GS team

Who are you firing because it is almost a sure thing we win 4 more. Memphis and Phoenix are tanking hard. Dallas will want to hold position and Houston will rest everyone the last game. Not to mention an injured GS team
There's a very real case to be made for firing Vlade if we get the 10th pick this year. No discernible star, no 2019 draft pick when we're likely going to be bad next year, traded a top 10 player for pee-poor value, the Papagiannis pick etc.. He's done some good things, but not enough to come close to outdoing the bad. I'm not saying I would definitely fire him if we land at 10th, but anyone who thinks there is no case, is living in denial.

There's a very real case to be made for firing Vlade if we get the 10th pick this year. No discernible star, no 2019 draft pick when we're likely going to be bad next year, traded a top 10 player for pee-poor value, the Papagiannis pick etc.. He's done some good things, but not enough to come close to outdoing the bad. I'm not saying I would definitely fire him if we land at 10th, but anyone who thinks there is no case, is living in denial.
That’s abused Vlade doesn’t get fired before Fox and Giles hit there 3rd year

I think that would be more of a case for Vivek to go scorched earth and start calling out other ownership groups and how they destroy the product the NBA is trying to sell overseas and puke all over the brand.

Betting is a HUGE part of overseas sports consumption, and these tank jobs would be rightfully viewed as clear match-fixing. It’s a massive problem for trying to capture certain markets. It’s also completely anathema to any audience outside the US, where relegation is a given. I don’t think the new rules will slow this down. Some of these teams need to lose a pick, or lose thier ping pong balls (i.e. Memphis drafts 14th) in order to reign this in.

The Kings not caring about tanking doesn't mean that they're better than their record indicates or even as good as their record. This team is not as far along as people think it is.

Best case scenario if everything breaks right is the Heat or last year's Jazz. More likely scenario is we wind up as the current Pistons or Hornets.

...or kings of last 10 years

Nine more games to go, three against Linners. Dallas at home, at least Dallas shows the occasional willingness to win, and Memphis and Phoenix on the road. It will be interesting to see how the Suns and Grizz perform. Both games towards the end of their respective tankathons and they are in fierce competion with each other.
My guess, they will both roll over at home.
Still waiting to hear how the league is going to punish these blatant tankers and reward us for "winning"....seems Kings are the only team in the "know" that the others will be punished as we go along on our high horse

gunks

Hall of Famer
Apologies to the people who said signing Z-bo and Hill would mess up our lotto odds. I didn't think they'd have that kind of impact, but they did.

The vets singlehandedly won us at least 6-7 games earlier on in the season. That's huge.

Although, I can't really get pissed at these recent wins, the kids are doing work, and it would be dumb to limit their minutes for Ls. I suppose it's just frustrating how many garbage teams there are this season.

Anyways, Vlade better hope Giles is the 2nd coming and screams future superstar. Fox sure doesn't, and I'm not about to get my hopes up over the scraps we're left with at pick 10.

Go Kings!

Still waiting to hear how the league is going to punish these blatant tankers and reward us for "winning"....seems Kings are the only team in the "know" that the others will be punished as we go along on our high horse
Well its good to know that Silver has acknowleged tanking is a real problem. He slaps a fine on Cuban for suggesting that Dallas should tank, that's a start, but true poetry would be having three teams that tried beat the lottery odds. Let Memphis and company cry foul.

No one is getting punished. Silver doesn't have the clout and all the hoping is just that, a hope and prayer that we get rewarded for our own stupid pride.

Apologies to the people who said signing Z-bo and Hill would mess up our lotto odds. I didn't think they'd have that kind of impact, but they did.

The vets singlehandedly won us at least 6-7 games earlier on in the season. That's huge.

Although, I can't really get pissed at these recent wins, the kids are doing work, and it would be dumb to limit their minutes for Ls. I suppose it's just frustrating how many garbage teams there are this season.

Anyways, Vlade better hope Giles is the 2nd coming and screams future superstar. Fox sure doesn't, and I'm not about to get my hopes up over the scraps we're left with at pick 10.

Go Kings!
Hey, at least we have our "culturez"!

In all honesty, seeing the Hawks lineup was something else. Keep in mind that Budenholzer is from the Popovich coaching tree; there ain't no greater NBA prestige than that. Except for maybe Rick Carlisle, the consensus second-best coach in the league for years, also throwing away pointless pride and doing what needs to be done. Meanwhile, our embarrassment of a franchise likes to pretend it's above this.

There won't be any public acknowledgement, but when the Kings "win" the #1 pick this year, we will all know, wink, wink! ;)

There won't be any public acknowledgement, but when the Kings "win" the #1 pick this year, we will all know, wink, wink! ;)
If this happens, and im praying it does, then great, ill belive they had inside knowledge and then the moves make sense. But when reality comes around and we look down and see we shot big holes in both our feet and picking 8th or 9th im going to turn on Vlade mid way through next season unless by some miracle the guy we drafted turns into a D. Mitchle pick. The fanbase going into this year was completely ready for a year of watcging the young guys figure it out while we lost all the games but instead...well we all know how they Kings have played their hand compared to the other teams sitting below us in the standings, a lot of which has better rosters than we do.

Signing ZBO and Hill i offseason versus trading that space for assets was ludicrous. We already had Temple and KK for the mentor vet presence and signing Carter would have added t that. Plus, whoever we traded for could have played a vet mentor roll if that was valued so much. Going to suck watching Doncic Bagley and Ayton tear up the league for years to come and look back and remember how Vlade farted away a sure pick of 1 of those guys just like it was 2002 all over again and he back tapped a rebound into the hands of a waiting Horry for 3.

Last edited:
If this happens, and im praying it does, then great, ill belive they had inside knowledge and then the moves make sense....

Signing ZBO and Hill i offseason versus trading that space for assets was ludicrous.

... ..
Dating me instead of Brad Pitt is ludicrous, but is Brad Pitt actually available and willing to be dated? That is, were there actual teams giving away assets for cap space relief this season, or is this hypotetical?

Bulls are getting spanked early, but the marquee matchup today is the Suns vs Magic. Neither team wants to win, Booker out because of hand, WTF did he do to his hand,? This game means squat at this point as both teams will Lin out over the Kings.

Bulls are getting spanked early, but the marquee matchup today is the Suns vs Magic. Neither team wants to win, Booker out because of hand, WTF did he do to his hand,? This game means squat at this point as both teams will Lin out over the Kings.

in fact, given the historic ineptitude of the Kings FO, the entire organization, city of Sacramento, and the state of California, the Kings will get a win in tonights matchup betwen Magic and Suns, while both of those teams led by their very capable management, city governments and state legislatures will come away with a lin, draft Ayton, and win a championship.

Somebody needs to pull a Tonya Harding on Dwight Howard. He destroyed the Nets the other day in a narrow win, and today the same with the Mavericks.
Chicago has officially waken up to tank mode.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-24.png

The Lintenders all held serve today, with the exception of the Magic, who were the recipients of the white elephant.

Sunday features four Tankathon games - the Nets host the Cavaliers, the Knicks travel to Washington, the Kings host the Celtics, and the Hawks are going to Houston.

View attachment 7500

The Lintenders all held serve today, with the exception of the Magic, who were the recipients of the white elephant.

Sunday features four Tankathon games - the Nets host the Cavaliers, the Knicks travel to Washington, the Kings host the Celtics, and the Hawks are going to Houston.
The thing that sucks Is that the Nets don't even own their own pick, but can't even beat the tanking teams!

The Nets should have a better record than all these tanking teams, yet the have fewer wins than the Kings.

The Nets really suck!

There is only one teams we really need to watch, because we are not going to out Lin the other teams.

The Knicks are the main team we need to win a few more games, so we don't slip to #9 (pre-lotto).

It would be nice if the Bulls and Nets could win a few games to keep pace with us, but I am afraid they've got the Lin face on too well, even though the Nets don't even mean to Lin!

Good on the Knicks with the nice win over Washington, Mudiay actually had nice numbers. I'm pretty sure we will not catch the Knicks for the LIN.
Not so sure about that. The Kings have 3 highly probable wins remaining on the schedule. DAL, PHX, and MEM. And there’s a good chance they beat the Warriors on Saturday given all the injuries and the fact that they just beat them under nearly identical circumstances.

So perhaps 4 more wins, at least, which would put the Kings at 28 wins.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-25.png

Today it was five Tankathon teams, only one win between them. That win was not, however, the Kings, who fell apart in the last six minutes against the Celtics to guarantee no worse than a tie for 9th/10th pre-lottery. Rather it was the Knicks, who are beginning to edge closer and closer to wrapping up the #9 slot and today lost the opportunity to reach 250 combos.

On Monday, we have three Lintenders in action, though only two games carry much meaning for the Kings - and only one of those features Tankathon teams. The Grizzlies (@Minnesota) and the Suns (hosting Boston) are only on the edge of relevance for the Kings at this point. The games that are relevant for the Kings? The Knicks, hot off their win in Washington travel to Charlotte to try to sweep a road back-to-back. And the Lakers travel to Detroit - and if the Lakers win the Kings will officially wrap up the #9 slot at worst.

I recon we will be picking 8 or 9 depending on if someone behind us beat the lotto odds.

Looking at the teams that are close but have a reasonable chance to draft after us, New York, Chicago, and Brooklyn, all play Orlando once.
That's New Yorks lightest competition. Chicago and Brooklyn not only play Orlando but each other twice. We probably do have the lightest remaining schedule, but I don't think we will pick below 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.