Bill Simmons Proposed Trades

Heard his podcast today.

Trade 1

Boston trades Terry Rozier, The Kings Pick back 2018, Grizzlies Unprotected pick in 2018(Top 5), Clippers Unprotected 2018(Top 10)

For Sac's # 2

Trade 2

Philly trades Fultz, Saric and The Number 10 Pick

For Sac's #2

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Heard his podcast today.

Trade 1

Boston trades Terry Rozier, The Kings Pick back 2018, Grizzlies Unprotected pick in 2018(Top 5), Clippers Unprotected 2018(Top 10)

For Sac's # 2

Trade 2

Philly trades Fultz, Saric and The Number 10 Pick

For Sac's #2
I'm assuming Bill hasn't looked at our roster in a year because if he did he would realize that the Kings don't need another guard.

Then again, we're talking about a guy who just compared Celtics fans to Black Panther's suit.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Heard his podcast today.

Trade 1

For Sac's # 2
When you say 2018, you must mean 2019.

That said, neither of those picks are as good as advertised.

The Grizzlies pick is already protected 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020, so it would be at best a #9 pick in 2019, or at best a #7 pick in 2020, or whatever it may be in 2021. Clearly not a top-5 pick, unless it doesn't convey until 2021.

The Clippers pick is protected 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020, and if it does not convey either year it becomes a 2022 second rounder. This pick cannot be a top-10 pick and is quite likely a second rounder.

But for my money, I don't want our 2019 pick back anyway. We've been on the tankwagon for so very long, and we've finally got one season where we can go into every game and the entire fanbase will unambiguously hope the Kings will win. This next season is primed to be a veritable elixir for my soul. Let's not ruin that.

Boston trade is predictably terrible. The 2019 draft is trash. I don’t care if we have a top 5 pick next year, it’s not even close to the value this year.

Sixers trade is still no, but the front office would talk about it.

No on both scenarios. If Sixers wanted to trade Fultz for the #2, it's because they think the #2 is a better investment. We should take their word for it.

If Kings are determined to trade the pick, find a trading partner who is more desperate than we are.

Why would the Kings take Fultz when they have Fox already? It’s not like Fultz just had a season like Donovan Mitchell wherein you’d have reason to believe he’d be the better player 3 years from now.

Makes no sense.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The next time I see anything from Bill Simmons that makes even a modicum of sense will be the first time. I had honestly forgotten he was still around. I'm going to go back to that frame of mind.

What if the Celts offer Jaylen Brown and the pick back?
The 2019 draft is trash. The Celts know that and are moving the pick this summer before everyone realizes how trash it is—which is why Celtics bloggers like Simmons and Zach Lowe keep pumping how it “could literally be the #2 pick, ZOMG!!” Actual quote, multiple times, from notorious Celtics blogger Lowe’s podcast. I could not care less about that pick. We don’t need another young player in 2019 and won’t be able to move it again should we even get it back, just like the Cavs tried to move #1 in the Bennett draft and couldn’t.