Bibby 04-05

First off, it's great to be back, eventhough I wasn't quite sure if I was in the right place at first when I saw that "v bulletin sign". But thanks to Jeremy for starting the site up again.

I'm terribly excited about next season, and I was wondering what you thought about Bibby's role next season with the absence of Vlade. I think Bibby is the real court leader of this team. With Vlade out, he should start racking up more assists and setting up more plays as opposed to having Webber and Vlade (when he was around) being the playmakers. It's nice to have Webb setting up plays as second option and alternate weapon, but I think he should start banging down in the post with Brad and grabbing some boards and posting up.

Although I didn't have the opporunity to watch most of last years playoffs, I felt that from reading the analysis of this board that the Kings played really well when Bibby was making the decisions and dishing to the rest of the team, while also scoring at will. I would like to see Bibby emerge as a superstar this year and quietly become the leader of this team (he might already be), even if he has to share that title with Webb.
It's our time now.

It'll take a few games to gauge what they plan to do this season, but I don't see them changing too much. Our system is built around passing big men, so Webber will most likely still handle the ball a lot at the high post. Miller will be taking Vlade's place, but because of his inexperience and his lack of low post skills, the set-ups will be a little different. Bibby should still be handling the ball a lot during crucial minutes simply because he's a good decision maker and can take the shot himself if necessary.

i felt that bibby couldve been an allstar last year over steve fransis who had a lot of career lows, but the fans wants to see dunks i guess

Bibby was most definitely an All-Star last year. Francis just should not have been there at all. I also think that because the Kings already had two players on the team, it hurt his chances of being picked by the coaches.

Webb, Bibby, Peja, and Brad can all potentially be in the all-star game, if they play well, especially Brad now that Shaq is in the east. But only 2 will probably get chosen.

KingKong said:
Webb, Bibby, Peja, and Brad can all potentially be in the all-star game, if they play well, especially Brad now that Shaq is in the east. But only 2 will probably get chosen.
i remember that one year Cuban was pulling for 3 of his guys for the allstar team. When Finley didnt make it, Cuban put up billboards all over to support Finley.

sorry for going off topic KingKong >_< please dont kidnap me and take me up onto a towering building

Last edited:
Mad D said:
sorry for going off topic KingKong >_< please dont kidnap me and take me up onto a towering building
Don't worry Mad D, no chance of me doing that to you, unless ofcourse you are a young, hot modern version of Fay Wray.;) Ok back to Bibby...

i think bibby has become our leader. who do we want taking the last shot of a game when down or tied? bibby. ( or that stojakovic guy :p ) he has proven his clutchness in the playoffs and regular season. he lets his actions on the court do the talking. LMM used to have a great sig in which MJ said how bibby is the one you think about after the games, that he was the one beating you as opposed to the flashier names like webber or peja.

he most DEFINETLY should have been an all star lsat year, and has a great shot this year with the overrated steevie francishe gone away to the leastern confrence ( which is great for him, he can continue to start the AS game! :rolleyes: ). the premier point guards in the west next year are going to be bibby and nash, gollum as well if he can come back from injury.

i can't wait for the new season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Beceause Bibby's style is NOT flashy, and beceause of the Kings passing game keeps his numbers deceptivly low, he is not likely to get the public votes for allstar. But beceause his game is so controlled, his fundementels so sound he is likely to be coachs choce, baring politics. The big up side to this somewaht low profile is that some players underestimate and underplay Bibby. Payton did that last year. Guys that have been burned by him over and over know better, but when double teams are bing thrown out Bibby becomes the option thanks in part to Webb and Pedja's play, but also in part due to underestimates from the opisition.

M

Markezi

Bibby SHOULD be the leader of this team - he has all the qualities and he seems to want it - however with Webber's destructive ego, Bibby unfortunately seems to take a back seat. Bibby is the only truly reliable "clutch" player on this team - he has that killer mentality. Now, if only he could be the killer in the locker room...

"My best pro-to-be? Michael Bibby. I love him. Man, I love that kid. I love him because he's quiet and he works hard. You never notice him until the game is over... and then you see who the real leader is."
-- Michael Jordan

^^ evenstar was referring to the above quotation.. :)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Markezi said:
Bibby SHOULD be the leader of this team - he has all the qualities and he seems to want it - however with Webber's destructive ego, Bibby unfortunately seems to take a back seat. Bibby is the only truly reliable "clutch" player on this team - he has that killer mentality. Now, if only he could be the killer in the locker room...
Gonna be hard to think of you by any name other than Grizd...

LMM said:
"My best pro-to-be? Michael Bibby. I love him. Man, I love that kid. I love him because he's quiet and he works hard. You never notice him until the game is over... and then you see who the real leader is."
-- Michael Jordan

^^ evenstar was referring to the above quotation.. :)
thanks for posting that LMM. btw, i luv that pic of mike :) i just had to add it to my kings file

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Markezi said:
I think it's pretty obvious that Bibby doesn't WANT the role of leader in the locker room. He has a role to play and IMHO he plays it pretty well. If you've seen Bibby out and about with Team Dime, he doesn't take a leadership role with them either...

And I agree with Slim and KG. Can we still just call you Grizd?

M

Markezi

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Gonna be hard to think of you by any name other than Grizd...
Considering that some posters call me by names much worse than that, please feel free to!

A

AriesMar27

Bibby doesnt need to be the leader as long as Webber stays healthy or if Peja finally decides to show up in the playoffs, a healthy Bobby J wouldnt hurt either.

You know what they say about assuming. I'm going to wait to see what Webb looks like on the floor this year before writing him off
Bibby CAN be the BEST player on the team, at times. So can Peja, so can Bobby, hell, so can Doug sometimes.;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bballkingsrock said:
Anybody going to argue that?
Sure.

Ignoring the obvious in Webber, think Miller is right up there too. Bibby is the second best offensive player, how about that. However, his nightly spankings on defense make it difficult to really elevate him.

Back on point thouhg -- Bibby has NEVER displayed any real leadership traits OFF the court. He has a little bit of floor general in him ON the court, but even there it comes and goes. But 90% of leadership is off the court, and Bibby's personality is entirely too laid back for that. he's never shown any real inclination, never been mentioned even once as aguy who talked with players, played peace maker or anything else. He's a good player, but he works in the shadows when it comes to leadership. And leadership is like anything else -- some people are just natural leaders, and some aren't. Bibby isn't.

Bballkingsrock said:
Anybody going to argue that?
Yeah I would definitely argue that and a lot of others would. Dude I understand that you don't Webber, but you can't simply deny what he is and what he has done for the Kings. Barring the last year there no doubt that he has been the best Kings' player for some time now. And considering the condition he came in the last year, he was still pre So writing him off completely the way you are is clearly wrong. And this year he will come back and prove you wrong again.

GO KINGS!!!!!!
GO Webber!!!!!