Ben Wallace??? Hes A Long Shot.. But He Is A Free Agent After This Season!

The kings should try any way possible to acquire Ben Wallace. I would personally mow his lawn! I know he and Artest got into the big brawl but could you imagine that combination on the court at the same time? They both have an excellent passion to win and teaming them up would scare the crap out of other teams. I know the pistons have about a 90% chance of resigning him but do you think there is any chance the kings could get him?

M

MrBiggs

I wish. But who knows?

They played the Millwaukee series without passion. Maybe this group of 5 will finally get at each other's throats in the Finals and make this possible. S&T Brad/Thomas for Ben/Davis?

MrBiggs said:
I wish. But who knows?

They played the Millwaukee series without passion. Maybe this group of 5 will finally get at each other's throats in the Finals and make this possible. S&T Brad/Thomas for Ben/Davis?
bens a free agent. So maybe try to sign ben straight up?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
MrBiggs said:
I wish. But who knows?

The odds of Detroit signing and trading Wallace are roughly zilch. He's an icon in Detroit + the fans would burn them out of the Palace.

Odds of him singing away are pretty damn low too. We could at least make a phone call or two, but counting on stealing Big Ben wouldn't be much of an offseaosn plan without a much more realistic fallback.

And of course then if you get him...Ben Wallace and Ron Artest....seem to recall they have this little teensy weensy bit of history together? ;)

M

MrBiggs

Bricklayer said:
The odds of Detroit signing and trading Wallace are roughly zilch. He's an icon in Detroit + the fans would burn them out of the Palace.

Odds of him singing away are pretty damn low too. We could at least make a phone call or two, but counting on stealing Big Ben wouldn't be much of an offseaosn plan without a much more realistic fallback.
Yeah, I know. That's why I said "I wish. But who knows?" It was my way of saying, I know its impossible but there's always a possibility something goes awry between now and then. It's all speculation to bring half decent conversation. If it weren't for speculation, the personel forum would have very low traffic.

And of course then if you get him...Ben Wallace and Ron Artest....seem to recall they have this little teensy weensy bit of history together? ;)
The past is the past. Shareef v. Kenny was a worse fight than Artest v. Wallace. Bonzi v. Artest was pretty bad itself. That's me just looking at the player to player aspect of the fight. If you think Ben Wallace really truely would hold Ron runing into the stands against him, I've got an Easter Bunny to introduce you to.

Wallace and Artest would probably love to play with eachother. Two hard nosed players who pride themselves on defense always have a mutual respect for each other.

ben wallace in a kings uniform is a much greater pipe dream than kevin garnett, imo. at least in minnesota it is clear that they aren't going anywhere. that is, of course, no fault of garnett's, but that franchise is probably looking for a change, despite all of the boldfaced statements from management that garnett isn't going anywhere. and if they don't trade garnett in the offseason, and if the team is still a loser come next february, then look for garnett to demand a trade.

as for ben wallace, he's on a championship contender. and its not just any championship contender, its the best team in the league. and it really isn't just any "best team in the league." the lakers were the best team in the league during their most recent "dynasty," but they didn't have the chemistry that this pistons team has. the pistons of the last few years are an incredible example of the proper way to construct a basketball team. it helps that they all enjoy playing the same hard-nosed style, and ben wallace is, quite possibly, the biggest factor in keeping that team aggressive. he ain't going anywhere. free agency? meh...consider him locked up regardless.

though it is fun to dream. ron artest and ben wallace on the same team? wooooo...that would be exciting, and quite a strange situation of intrateam competition for defensive player of the year, dontchya think?

:D

Ben Wallace fired his agent hired a lawyer because he didn't feel like he needed to worry about re-signing with Detroit. That's not exactly what you do when you want to test the market.

Ben and Ron hate each other PRETTY BADLY. Our best bet IF they did fall apart in the finals and start fighting etc. would be Rasheed IMO. He has a nice skill set for our team. The chance of that happening is like 00.000001% though.

I wish that we could get Ben but there is no way in the world Detriot would trade him for anyone on our team........or anyone in the league for that matter.

Jechtsphere said:
How?

Who cares how, just do it, I'm not content with losing in the first year.
Dude... I wrote something in the thread about this years highlights that you should read. U need to be realistic when you say things like ben and Kg... KG isnt out of all possibilities...but both of them o nthis team are out of all posibilities... Ben hates Ron... Ron hates ben.. end of story

Jechtsphere said:
How?

Who cares how, just do it, I'm not content with losing in the first year.

Ok ok ok I got it:

Sign Ben Wallace with the minimum
Trade Corliss, Potapenko, Kenny, for KG, 2 draft picks, rashad mccants, marcus banks

then we'll trade garcia+hart for lebron james

Bibby/James/Artest/KG/Big Ben

Looks PRETTY GOOD to me.