Bagley out 4-6 weeks

Wow, this is really troubling. Even though his injuries aren’t related it’s hard to ignore the growing number of them. Some people go their whole lives without breaking a bone while others break, tear and strain on the regular. Not good.

Now the teams identity has to transition even moreso into that of a 5 out floor spacer. I have concerns this means that Dedmon becomes the full on post big, but my goodness, that could be a disaster. If they are determined to place a body in the post it better be Barnes.

We’ll skip him for the other guy who can be really really good (eventually, not now though) if you squint hard enough.
I heard that there is one guy in college who is projected to average double double and with him as a gift also there comes father or uncle who might not be distraction to the organisation, but I don't know tbh

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
jesus :( I have faith he'll turn out well but that's going to make an agonizing stretch not to mention this young team needs to start off strong.

Look, I've never been accused of being one of the bright siders, but this in a way could be a huge positive for the Kings unless the coaching staff totally bungles it. The Kings are struggling to find spacing, and while the Kings can't make up for the talent loss by any stretch, this forces them to use lineups that if used correctly will give them a lot more spacing and feed into the identity they say they want to create.

Look, I've never been accused of being one of the bright siders, but this in a way could be a huge positive for the Kings unless the coaching staff totally bungles it. The Kings are struggling to find spacing, and while the Kings can't make up for the talent loss by any stretch, this forces them to use lineups that if used correctly will give them a lot more spacing and feed into the identity they say they want to create.
Fair point. If they want to re-create last year’s winning formula, we should see lots of Fox, Hield, Barnes, Bjelica, and Holmes out there.

Entity

Hall of Famer
jesus :( I have faith he'll turn out well but that's going to make an agonizing stretch not to mention this young team needs to start off strong.
well if it makes you feel better he got a double double with 14 pts 10 reb while looking awful and playing 10 min with a broken thumb

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
Kings coach Luke Walton said he was going to meet with his coaching staff after speaking to the media regarding the starting replacement for Marvin Bagley III, he said likely Nemanja Bjelica would get the call

17:14 - 24 October 19

So feel a Threefest coming up!

Makes sense but honestly, I think he'd be better of going small because the Kings are going to be quite lacking in both rebounding and athleticism with those two. See what Ariza and Barnes can do as a spread/switch defensive combo and at least stay athletic. Bjelica and Dedmon better not ever step foot inside the 3 point line.

6 damn weeks for a thumb. I hope he comes back sooner

i couldn’t be more annoyed and pessimistic right now. In the western conference? ha