Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another reason why I am not really buying into the HIPAA violation angle is that we have clear cases of other guys, spanning all sports, who have gotten injured during this and they have provided detailed updates on their injuries. This, imo, is just more of the same from an inept training/medical staff....especially as it pertains to Bagleys foot. I personally think they botched the diagnosis the first time around, which is why we have gotten no clear explanation of what the actual injury is
It was mere conjecture on my part. :(

It was mere conjecture on my part. :(
Oh don’t get me wrong, it was a very valid theory with everything going on lately. Also as captain pointed out, I was wrong on it being the same foot. I just immediately assumed
sigh I was just really looking forward to watching him play during this restart

Bigs always take a while to develop though. He’s a pretty good rebounder and brings energy. If he has great work ethic then over time he can fill out the rest of his game nicely due to his natural elite athleticism and size.

But these injuries, especially foot injuries are concerning for bigs. I was personally looking forward to seeing him play so it’s disappointing for me. Wishing me a well recovery though and hopefully all this is past him and he starts fresh next season.
Trade you Ayton for him.

Bigs always take a while to develop though. He’s a pretty good rebounder and brings energy. If he has great work ethic then over time he can fill out the rest of his game nicely due to his natural elite athleticism and size.

But these injuries, especially foot injuries are concerning for bigs. I was personally looking forward to seeing him play so it’s disappointing for me. Wishing me a well recovery though and hopefully all this is past him and he starts fresh next season.
Thomas Robinson had energy and no other game to speak of. Bagley being so tunnel vision with the ball and being so bad at defense or just feel of the team game on either side. He’s basically the same.

I think the most unfortunate thing is that regardless of his future health, the lack of game time is going to show, and it can't be used as an excuse in his fourth year or whatever that bigs need time to develop. Well he would have had the time if he weren't so oft injured

He landed on someone's foot getting a rebound. It's not like he was running in a straight line in a drill and collapsed. Come on people, get a grip. It's a sprain, not a broken bone or ACL or something.

The timing sucks, but I'm still going to be semi-shocked if they actually play any games.

This isn't directed at you, Hoovtrain. Just a convenient post to reply to on this. ;)
you don’t think players land on people’s feet. Bagley is just seriously injury prone. Whether he will do the work like Steph to address it and if the Kings have the right people to help is an open question.

When will Harrison Barnes join the Kings in Orlando? Well, there's a chartered, medium-size private jet leaving Sacramento for Orlando tonight. It could be a staffer of some kind or it could just be a great time to go to Disney World. In July. In a pandemic.

So is he Sam Bowie/Greg Oden or Grant Hill?
Not quite there yet, but he's got to come in next year firing and stay healthy or this card is going to start getting played. He has enough issues with adapting his game to today's NBA and now that he seems to be injury prone it just adds another layer to him to have to overcome to become a starter in this league, much less a franchise building block.

If Pop was going to randomly play Derick White instead of me, I’d quit team USA too
Ya if our best players have that attitude we’re ****ed that’s what makes great players great and some none.

OT but The GOAT TOM BRADY was the opposite. I remember watching his documentary and his rookie year his than teammate said Brady was nuts. He said Brady when playing catch with him kept telling him I’m going to start this year over Drew Bledsoe. And if y’all don’t know football Bledsoe was a legend in his own right and had just signed a 10 year 100 million dollar contract. Brady was a 6th round pick that year and he’s telling people he’d be starting over Bledsoe that’s crazy talk. And on the opposite another QB in the same draft I think Spergon Wynn said he was prepared for to start cause the starting QB was good. Well he got thrown in and he said his attitude of oh I’ll wait my turn cost him dearly.

I want player that will take it if you think Pop will play White go bust Whites ass in practice and prove him wrong. Don’t bail and say you’re getting ready for the season that’s weak as hell.

end rant

Last edited:
Thomas Robinson had energy and no other game to speak of. Bagley being so tunnel vision with the ball and being so bad at defense or just feel of the team game on either side. He’s basically the same.
I mean.... no.

Bagley showed more his rookie year than Robinson ever did in his career. By a long-shot. Was excellent at getting to the FT line, didn't turn the ball over and had excellent efficiency for a young rookie big that took on a pretty big offensive workload. 31% from 3, but started to get some confidence down the stretch in his shot going 14/34 in his last 15 games (41% on 2.2 3P FGA/game). Solid rebounding numbers, especially for a young rookie big who needed to add weight.

What we really needed to see from him to take that next step was improvement in his defensive awareness, a more consistent/trust in his jumper and not be a complete blackhole on offense and expand his playmaking/passing ability. We didn't see any of it this year and while injuries obviously played a major part, he was straight awful in his 13 games this year. Basically regressed on everything he did well in his rookie year.

It'd be one thing if he was like the 18th overall pick and he had these intriguing tools that could be developed into something great. But he was sandwiched in between 4 other franchise corner stones (JJJ, Ayton, Trae, Luka) all of whom look like they're well on their way to stardom. At this point, we got to hope Bagley can stay healthy enough AND THEN develop his game to where he can be a quality starter. Franchise building block looks to be a loooooong way off at this point.

I mean.... no.

Bagley showed more his rookie year than Robinson ever did in his career. By a long-shot. Was excellent at getting to the FT line, didn't turn the ball over and had excellent efficiency for a young rookie big that took on a pretty big offensive workload. 31% from 3, but started to get some confidence down the stretch in his shot going 14/34 in his last 15 games (41% on 2.2 3P FGA/game). Solid rebounding numbers, especially for a young rookie big who needed to add weight.

What we really needed to see from him to take that next step was improvement in his defensive awareness, a more consistent/trust in his jumper and not be a complete blackhole on offense and expand his playmaking/passing ability. We didn't see any of it this year and while injuries obviously played a major part, he was straight awful in his 13 games this year. Basically regressed on everything he did well in his rookie year.

It'd be one thing if he was like the 18th overall pick and he had these intriguing tools that could be developed into something great. But he was sandwiched in between 4 other franchise corner stones (JJJ, Ayton, Trae, Luka) all of whom look like they're well on their way to stardom. At this point, we got to hope Bagley can stay healthy enough AND THEN develop his game to where he can be a quality starter. Franchise building block looks to be a loooooong way off at this point.
I remember when Fox went on a similar hot streak and people were saying he’d be unstoppable cause his jumper would be Steph/Irving like

this sucks A LOT.
if we had hope that he had recovered during the pandemic and we would finally get something out of the #2 pick who we took before the Euroleague MVP, that hope is now flushed down the toilet. Poor MB3, gotta feel for him. Injuries are not anyone's fault.

The ability to stay healthy is a skill. A skill that Bagley does not have and may never acquire. He needs to relegate his dad to the dad zone, fire his entire training folks, and create a new training regimen.

Bagley, like his peers, has gotten paid for two full seasons. But, unlike his peers, he would've played only 1/2 a season. And he's basically half way through his rookie contract. That is a horrible return on a #2 pick. I've been holding off on this, but Bagley is now in the bust until proven otherwise category.

The silver lining of this injury is that now the Coaches don't have to be concerned with working MBIII into the lineup. They were playing good ball without him. So just keep doing it and win!

Let’s hope this all turns into a Curry situation...

Riddled with injuries, signs a mediocre extension, breaks out as a max player after, & gets his health on track. One can hope.
Here’s the thing with the Curry fantasy, he had broken out as a player since his rookie year. People knew he was gonna be good he showed he was gonna be at least an all star player while getting hurt. Bagley just looks to be an average player while being hurt these are two different things

Last edited:
It would appear having a bunch of guys sit around indoors for four months then hurriedly try to get them back into shape in time to play two weeks of games in a shortened bid to end the NBA season with a champion all in the midst of a global pandemic with an ever-increasing death toll wasn’t necessarily conducive to player health.
Agreed

I’m not gonna come down too hard on Bagley for this. I don’t wish injury on anyone, but Bagley certainly won’t be the only one injured by the time this rushed 8 game season ends

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ya if our best players have that attitude we’re ****ed that’s what makes great players great and some none.

OT but The GOAT TOM BRADY was the opposite. I remember watching his documentary and his rookie year his than teammate said Brady was nuts. He said Brady when playing catch with him kept telling him I’m going to start this year over Drew Bledsoe. And if y’all don’t know football Bledsoe was a legend in his own right and had just signed a 10 year 100 million dollar contract. Brady was a 6th round pick that year and he’s telling people he’d be starting over Bledsoe that’s crazy talk. And on the opposite another QB in the same draft I think Spergon Wynn said he was prepared for to start cause the starting QB was good. Well he got thrown in and he said his attitude of oh I’ll wait my turn cost him dearly.

I want player that will take it if you think Pop will play White go bust Whites ass in practice and prove him wrong. Don’t bail and say you’re getting ready for the season that’s weak as hell.

end rant
By all accounts that is what De’Aaron did but Pop played White anyways. Plus it was only FIBA and pretty every non-Celtic star decided not to participate and the Celtics players wound up hurting themselves.