Bad news for Utah

Dante Exum injured his left knee playing for his home team in Australia. It looked like an ACL injury to me. Someone who isn't posting from the phone might be able to do a link to the Twitter feeds. I really hope for the sake of Jazz fans that this is just a minor injury.

Hate to see that defeated look on his face...
I can't imagine working as hard as some of these guys do to get to this point just to have it possibly taken away with one bad step. I really hope this kid bounces back.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It is an ACL. I am bummed. Now I have to watch Tre Burke ruin our season.
Not true:

Stockton for Gobert, straight up. I've been repeatedly assured by people that have no idea at what they are talking about that its a guard's game nowadays. Continue the tradition (I realize you also have a tradition of big shotblocking stiffs inside, but compared to the dynastic possibilities of just going from one Stockton to the next through the years, it pales).

Not true:

Stockton for Gobert, straight up. I've been repeatedly assured by people that have no idea at what they are talking about that its a guard's game nowadays. Continue the tradition (I realize you also have a tradition of big shotblocking stiffs inside, but compared to the dynastic possibilities of just going from one Stockton to the next through the years, it pales).
I think, to seal this deal, David needs to change his name to "John Stockton, II" and we are good to go.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the fact that Exum got a thread dedicated to his ACL injury is telling enough...ran out of things to talk about in Kings land, that's why Boogie gave us a nice photo.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
the fact that Exum got a thread dedicated to his ACL injury is telling enough...ran out of things to talk about in Kings land, that's why Boogie gave us a nice photo.
Rather an important story for the Kings actually, as Utah figured/figures to be one of the main candidates to try top nab those same #7/#8 spots we are after. Markieff still fussing and whining in Phoenix with his separation anxiety from his brother is significant too.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Rather an important story for the Kings actually, as Utah figured/figures to be one of the main candidates to try top nab those same #7/#8 spots we are after. Markieff still fussing and whining in Phoenix with his separation anxiety from his brother is significant too.
Doesn't warrant a thread on Dante Exum. I don't see the merit here. As far as Markieff, Suns should NOT trade him to Detroit. Those two are using the "us against the world" approach it seems and alienate everyone else around them.

Markieff has to grow a pair and play ball no matter where he is or where his brother is. The NBA is a business and owes no player any favors. Get over it and move on, he got traded not shot.

I don't think the Jazz had much of a chance making the playoffs next season anyway, but this guarantees another lottery season. Too bad, I like Exum and hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. He might play the tail end of the season. Takes 6-9 months for recovery.