Awfully quiet around here...

I live in the Bay Area. Not close enough to the fires to be worried, but the air quality is atrocious. Fortunately I don't have any family in danger either.

In regards to the board - ever since Brick left it's been slower around here. I miss his postgame grades.

Used to be in Paradise at least once a month for many years and always enjoyed the area. My heart prayers goes out to the folks there.

Our team is getting plenty of rest this week and hopefully working some more of the offense in.

It is realitively quiet around here. I’m still here every day but have only posted once in a while. Much less than usual. And I agree with a poster above, it is much slower since since Brcklayer and Cousins left, and also the team record so far has quieted the naysayers. The team is dong it!

I am a retired forester. I just returned from three days in a Jeffrey pine forest with the hoot owls. Fires in California have now become a matter of life and death. There is much that people can do to increase the fire resilience of their own properties. Clear defensible space at least 30 feet, thin and harvest some of the trees. Remove shrubs. Many communities especially along places like Rt 49 in the Foothills are fire traps. There is a lot of work to be done. Pay attention to the roofing material, screens on attic vents. Remove wood piles, place skirting under houses, etc.

Start your chainsaw.

Last edited by a moderator: