• Out of the league in 3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Career end-of-the-bencher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Your enthusiasm is sometimes off the charts. I'm not normally superstitious, but there have been times when I thought your enthusiasm was a sure jinx.
Then there’s me who usually a ball of negative energy, and I also think Giles’ potential is the best on the team.

Then there’s me who usually a ball of negative energy, and I also think Giles’ potential is the best on the team.
I still think Fox has the most potential. Giles with zero knee surgeries I think would absolutely have the highest ceiling but those surgeries can't be ignored. Harry's lateral quickness doesn't seem very good and I'm sure it was before the injuries.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I still think Fox has the most potential. Giles with zero knee surgeries I think would absolutely have the highest ceiling but those surgeries can't be ignored. Harry's lateral quickness doesn't seem very good and I'm sure it was before the injuries.
Good problem to have a debate over. Lol

Question. Last night harry thru a fall away lob pass into the corner which I thought was going to be a turnover but instead JJ caught it in corner and hit a 3....

Did Giles intend to lob that pass where only JJ could get it like a QB to a WR in corner of end zone??? Or was it a wild throw that he lost control of and just got lucky?

Harry Giles’ potential is off the charts, through the roof, and out of this world.

Health permitting, he’s the top talent on this team. And that’s absolutely no short-changing Fox or Bags.
I'm cautiously on this same train but I feel like I can't possibly be more optimistic. Giles has HOF level talent.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Question. Last night harry thru a fall away lob pass into the corner which I thought was going to be a turnover but instead JJ caught it in corner and hit a 3....

Did Giles intend to lob that pass where only JJ could get it like a QB to a WR in corner of end zone??? Or was it a wild throw that he lost control of and just got lucky?
As much credit as I want to give him for everything, I honestly thought it was tipped.

I'm going to go with Bagley as the one with the most potential. Giles has the most complete, smooth game. But Bagley is the most raw and given equal time on the court today, he would still be the most productive (yes, it's all subjective. Just my opinion man). So I can only imagine what he could do with a better understanding of the game and how to use his athleticism. I can see a significant increase in year 2 like we saw with Fox. I love Fox, but it may come down to consistency with his shot. I understand his shoulder may be playing a factor in these last few games, but then we don't know because his NBA history hasn't shown us a consistent shot throughout a season yet.

I just think we have a talented core, and being able to have this kind of debate is remarkable considering where we were at 18 months ago.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It was tipped but either way it was still a great pass, and a great shot.
I was double-facepalming on that play - first when JJ reached out to catch it instead of letting it go out of bounds (I thought he barely caught it himself) and then again when he took the shot from so deep on the baseline he was well behind the backboard (though, to be fair, the shot clock was winding down and he had to do something). Then it went in. A classic "No, no, no, No, NO...YES!" play.

Here is a pass by Jokic. I post it because most NBA players have no chance of making this play. It takes 2 attributes. Incredible hands and incredible court vision.

The only person besides Jokic that has his hands and his court vision is Giles. Vlade has the court vision but not the hands. Jokic developed his hands playing water polo. But is hand size is only 8 3/4. Giles was gifted 10 3/4 hand size.

Here is a pass by Jokic. I post it because most NBA players have no chance of making this play. It takes 2 attributes. Incredible hands and incredible court vision.

The only person besides Jokic that has his hands and his court vision is Giles. Vlade has the court vision but not the hands. Jokic developed his hands playing water polo. But is hand size is only 8 3/4. Giles was gifted 10 3/4 hand size.
Literally Jokic could be the goat big man passer and some take it as a slight at giles saying he can’t pass like him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Literally Jokic could be the goat big man passer and some take it as a slight at giles saying he can’t pass like him.
I mean Harry had like two spectacular passes this game (the chasedown/steal/casual toss over the entirety of the Pistons defense to Buddy and the wraparound pass to Bagley as he was falling out of bounds) and he hasn't played serious basketball since his junior year of high school.

Their situations have been completely different as Jokic has received plenty of time playing overseas and then since his rookie season in Denver where Malone essentially just handed him the reigns and let him max out his talents to the point he's become a potential MVP candidate while Harry has had two catastrophic knee injuries that cost him two years of high school ball, a couple of minutes of college basketball off the bench and an entire season of rehab.

I think the thing that we can say is that if there were someone capable of surpassing Jokic as the premiere passing big of the 21st century, it would be Harry Giles.

I mean Harry had like two spectacular passes this game (the chasedown/steal/casual toss over the entirety of the Pistons defense to Buddy and the wraparound pass to Bagley as he was falling out of bounds) and he hasn't played serious basketball since his junior year of high school.

Their situations have been completely different as Jokic has received plenty of time playing overseas and then since his rookie season in Denver where Malone essentially just handed him the reigns and let him max out his talents to the point he's become a potential MVP candidate while Harry has had two catastrophic knee injuries that cost him two years of high school ball, a couple of minutes of college basketball off the bench and an entire season of rehab.

I think the thing that we can say is that if there were someone capable of surpassing Jokic as the premiere passing big of the 21st century, it would be Harry Giles.
Exactly. No one is saying Giles is better than Jokic now. What we are saying is what makes Jokic special is 2 maybe 3 things: incredible hands, incredible court vision, extremely unselfish. Very few people have all three. Jokic does. Giles does also. Whether those ingredients come together remains to be seen but the talent is there. See the pass at the :46 mark

Giles could be our idea pick and roll from the low post as they could not sag on our guard because Giles can shoot.

He had the fouls and turnovers last night but he’s still learning and is beginning to play more controlled.
Better than Bagley or Fox? Only time can tell but the teams future is very bright.

Giles could be our idea pick and roll from the low post as they could not sag on our guard because Giles can shoot.

He had the fouls and turnovers last night but he’s still learning and is beginning to play more controlled.
Better than Bagley or Fox? Only time can tell but the teams future is very bright.
Giles, Bagley and Fox are just all so different. Fox’s end to end speed is amazing. Bagley has the athleticism to be a multi-level scorer and Giles has such hands and IQ.

Exactly. No one is saying Giles is better than Jokic now. What we are saying is what makes Jokic special is 2 maybe 3 things: incredible hands, incredible court vision, extremely unselfish. Very few people have all three. Jokic does. Giles does also. Whether those ingredients come together remains to be seen but the talent is there. See the pass at the :46 mark

I am big fan of Jokic and on this video I see a lot of Jokic like passes. Impresive!

SLAB

Hall of Famer

God, Harry has just got such a great personality and mentality. Got a bajillion turnovers, apologizes for them, then explains that he wanted to get the end of the benchers involved so they could feel good about themselves.
Loved that interview. I’m so absurdly high on absolutely everything about Giles. The play. Signs of leadership. The swagger. An appropriate mean streak.

Without any hyperbole the sky is the limit for the kid if he stays healthy.

Imagine where Giles might be if he never had the knee injuries. But then he wouldn't be in Sacramento, because he probably would have been taken #1 overall.
Yep definitely would not have been on the Kings, he would have been a Top-2 pick. Actually now that I think about it he probably goes #1 to Boston because I don't think Boston would have traded away the #1 pick if they had Giles there instead of Fultz.

Makes you wonder just how athletic he was (before the injuries) and how athletic he would have been now at 20 years old. He still has above average athleticism for the NBA but he's not as quick laterally or as explosive as Bagley and WCS. Giles still seems stiff to me in comparison to those two. Where he makes up for it of course is superior basketball IQ.

I still worry about his knees long term. No question he has the talent to become an all-star but are his knees going to hold up?

God, Harry has just got such a great personality and mentality. Got a bajillion turnovers, apologizes for them, then explains that he wanted to get the end of the benchers involved so they could feel good about themselves.
That interview and the moment during the Suns game when Fox was at the table about to come in and looked at Joerger like "You sure you want to put me in?" after Yogi hit a couple of threes.

Just goes to show how good the team chemistry is.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Do you happen to know the name of the only center to lead the league in assists? I'll give you a clue, he also led the league in points and rebounds that same year, and yes, he's obviously the only center to do that as well. Hint, his first name is Wilt.........

By the way, one of the best passing centers was Sabonis when he was with with Portland. Dam shame he came over to the NBA so late.

Do you happen to know the name of the only center to lead the league in assists? I'll give you a clue, he also led the league in points and rebounds that same year, and yes, he's obviously the only center to do that as well. Hint, his first name is Wilt.........

By the way, one of the best passing centers was Sabonis when he was with with Portland. Dam shame he came over to the NBA so late.
Are you trying to test how old I am bajaden. I saw Chamberlain and West play in the all star game together. And yes I should have been more circumspect in those who qualify. I might add Bill Walton in his prime in that list.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Are you trying to test how old I am bajaden. I saw Chamberlain and West play in the all star game together. And yes I should have been more circumspect in those who qualify. I might add Bill Walton in his prime in that list.
LOL! Not about to get into a I'm older than you contest. Who the hell wants to be old, but yeah, I saw them play in that game as well. I remember when the Warriors traded Wilt for Nate Thurmond. God I feel old....:oops: