Are You Still a Kings fan?

Are you still a Kings fan after trading DeMarcus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been a crazy day, to say the least. Actually, it's been crazy for us Kings fans for a loooong time. I feel like many people were optomistic about the future when Vivek bought the team but he has really hurt the franchise by intervening in basketball decisions, despite his lack of knowledge for the game.

After this trade for Cousins where we got very little back for the best center in the game, and Vivek's aparent meddlesome nature still lingering in the background despite a facade of him embracing a "hands-off" approach, are you still a Kings fan?

(Please give me hope; tell me I'm not the obly one crazy enough to still root for this team)
...)

Yes I'm disappointed. But too early to put the blame on anyone. Maybe coach was not happy. Maybe they thought they could not rebuild around cousins if they have to pay the maximum. I don't know. I'm for our kings all the way irrespective of the roster, coach, owner or standings. But this hurts. Now I have a second team to root for.

Cousins is my favorite player and I am still in shock. I just learned about the trade minutes ago. On top of being an amazing player, Cousins is funny, passionate, loyal, and generous. I didn't just want him to bring the Kings to the playoffs; I wanted to see him be personally rewarded for his talent and character. I will seriously miss him and don't think I can watch another game this season. That being said, I was born and raised, and still live in Sacramento. The Kings represent my city to the entire nation and beyond. The only thing that could lead me to give up being a Kings fan is if they moved to a different city.

Im a fan who doesn't spend any money on tickets or gear. I speak with my wallet and its closed to teams that screw me over continually and still expect me to dish out my hard earned money to watch them.

I have a feeling there will be more fans returning now than leaving. Seeya.
I think you might be underestimating kings fans anger. If you would, look at the mess that has become the Santa Clara 49ers. That brand new stadium was half empty most of the season and when it was sold out, it was full of opposing fans. Fans were flying planes with banners behind them calling for wholesale firings. They were embarrassing 49er ownership on national TV. If enough kings fans vote with their feet we can force the other owners to remove vivek from his current position of strength.

Yes, I grew up there, they will always be my team. I won't give them my money though and I may tune them out more until there are some management changes, as I did with my Niners the last couple years.

I voted no but that was mostly to prove a point.

I will vastly scale back my emotional investment in the team. Even more than the latter Maloof era. I will root for Cousins and the Pels, over the Kings, when they play, as a matter of principle. And I will root for Cuz to win a ring, before the Kings do. Loyalty is a big value of mine, and it's what I admired in Cousins.

Never know what the future holds but I'm pretty much done for now.

Worst trade in NBA history, if not all of sports history. I challenge you to think of another one. Babe Ruth one is the only exception.

Though this is going to be hard to swallow, I'll be a Kings fan for eternity. I'm sure it can't get any worse that it has already.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Begrudgingly yes. But I'm not gonna be happy about it and I'll be even saltier than ever in the game threads (which I'm sure will be as active as ever)

It's just not in me to quit the game I've watched and loved my whole life, nor is it in me to pick up shop and jump on a bandwagon.

That said, I hope Boogie hangs 75 on us.

Switching teams doesn't make sense to me. I'll keep paying attention to the Kings and hope they find a hidden gem somewhere or spark some nice chemistry. Just like every time the Kings make a bad move.

Yes, and I wonder where all those optimistic fans are now. All those "true" Kings fans who only wanted what was best for the team ... Vlade great GM, Vivek great owner ... Funny thing is .. the last month of play finally had me rooting hard for Cousins for the first time in a long while. Ah well, #KANGZ. Trading Cousins is one thing, but our return was turrible.

Yes, and I wonder where all those optimistic fans are now. All those "true" Kings fans who only wanted what was best for the team ... Vlade great GM, Vivek great owner ... Funny thing is .. the last month of play finally had me rooting hard for Cousins for the first time in a long while. Ah well, #KANGZ. Trading Cousins is one thing, but our return was turrible.
Don't worry, the Kings narrative will be the ever so tiresome "let's wait and see how this pans out in 3 years." *yawn* Guess what? Kings fans are tired of the carrot on a stick.

Simply don't know. I root for the team not the player. That saying, I have no desire to return to California 'cause Kentucky is my home now. I can't stand Cleveland (even thou Direct says they're my local team despite Indy being until Lebron returned). Indy drove my crazy when I got caught in their endless maze of turn-about's. Memphis? Well lets just say I'm jealous of their zero income tax. And I don't like Tennessee.

Might just catch the itch of a wandering eye. New Orleans? Closer to my time zone. But then again, maybe not.

I'm really teetering. Not because of losing Cousins but because they dumped the most loyal superstar we've ever had here. (I love Webber but I doubt he sticks around the "cow town" if they are losing) and got basically nothing in return.

The Kings are really banking on Bogdanovic, Hield, Skal, Willie, and Papa as the future because that Pelicans pick is not going to be a lottery pick.

In addition, having Boogie and the Brow together is the most tempted I've ever been to jump ship. They are two of my 3-4 favorite Wildcats of all time. In addition, in just the few shorts years they have been a team they had Darius Miller, Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, and now Demarcus Cousins on the team. The only NBA game I've ever been able to watch live was the Kings vs. Pelicans in Rupp Arena. So there is even some level of emotional investment in both teams.

What I will do is treat my Kings fandom as a mutual separation where the two scorned lovers agree to take some time to think and clear their heads. For the rest of this season I will watch Pelicans games and not Kings games. When this season is over, I will re-evaluate and either support both (Kings 1st) or just one.

Please give me hope that this wasn't the end of days for the Kings. I really do believe that Joerger is a winner and that Vlade would not destroy the team on purpose. I feel that nobody wants the Kings to win more than Vlade.

I think I will be.
If I feel it's still the Kings, that is, when I watch them, going forward...

If it feels like the team's soul is still in there, on court and in here (KF),
then I will probably stay a fan, and stay here.

(But I will also follow the Pels' games more closely now, though,
to look out for my countryman, Omri, and my BFG hero, Boogie.

Last edited:
Please give me hope that this wasn't the end of days for the Kings. I really do believe that Joerger is a winner and that Vlade would not destroy the team on purpose. I feel that nobody wants the Kings to win more than Vlade.
I'm really curious what Vlade and Joerger have to say about the DMC trade. I will watch the game versus the Nuggets for sure, only to catch the reaction from the crowd. Vlade wants the Kings to win?????
Well wanting something doesn't get it done. You have to have a plan in mind and make the correct decisions. PDA sure as hell wanted the Kings to win too.
There is no premature praise left for Vlade, just because he is part of the Kings great past. He has tossed any sympathy for his person out of the window with his dishonest behaviour.
He has to prove, he is able to make the correct decisions and negative expectations from the fans are more than warranted at this point.
Like with every rebuilt we will only know the final result in a few years. But I'm not sure, if we should give Vlade or Vivek that much time. I believe these guys have burnt more bridges throughout the NBA community, than they realize now.

I'm giving these guys 2 more years I'm being optimistic about the trade.

I still feel like we can make the playoffs as long as reke is healthy and WCS continues to thrive

I'm giving these guys 2 more years I'm being optimistic about the trade.

I still feel like we can make the playoffs as long as reke is healthy and WCS continues to thrive
The word is that Tyreke will get bought out and not even play for us so you might want to rethink that playoff thought. Also even if he were to somehow stick with the team, he is so injury prone that you can't rely on him to help you win games let alone play an extended season.

Im a Kings fan but I hate that we have a snake as an owner. I was always open to Boogie trades, but the return we got is awful. Blazers got similar haul for Miles freakin Plumlee. This has that snake Vivek written all over it. "Buddy? Get me Buddy Vlade, we're gonna make a dent in this world with Buddy". Feaking meddling nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.