Are you guys 49ers fans?

Are you a 49ers fan?

• Total voters
Previous to the last two seasons there was close to 10 years of bad seasons in 49er land. Granted the ineptitude had not come anywhere close to what the Maloofs have been capable of. But people would say all of the same things like, "Who would want to play here?" and "what good coach would want to come here?". People also thought we had wasted most of our draft picks. But I knew the 49ers had talent. A change at GM and HC has made all the difference. The owners now stay out of it. How wonderful the past two seasons have already been. I never thought I'd get to see the drama of NFL football again like I did last night against the Pats. It was grand and I really enjoyed it. The playoffs are yet to come.

So for all the Kings fans who have lost hope, things can turn around very quickly. We need a new GM and coach. A GM with a vision for talent and an up and coming HC who has studied under the best and wants his shot.

being that i was born and raised here in the Sac area, by a family FULL of 49er fans, it would be very easy for me to hop on the wagon and pretend im a life long niner fan now that they have become relevant again.
but i actually cant stand them. i think it was having the niners shoved down my throat as a child that killed it for me. either that or the fact that i just dislike any Bay Area sports. either way, not a fan, and i think they are overrated right now because they have a very easy schedule. last nights game was a little flukey. a lot of strange turnovers by the Pats, once the Pats turned it on when it was 31-3, well you guys saw what almost happened

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Yep, been a Niners fan since I was in elementary school. That's been at least what, 30 years? Can't stand the Raiders.

being that i was born and raised here in the Sac area, by a family FULL of 49er fans, it would be very easy for me to hop on the wagon and pretend im a life long niner fan now that they have become relevant again.
but i actually cant stand them. i think it was having the niners shoved down my throat as a child that killed it for me. either that or the fact that i just dislike any Bay Area sports. either way, not a fan, and i think they are overrated right now because they have a very easy schedule. last nights game was a little flukey. a lot of strange turnovers by the Pats, once the Pats turned it on when it was 31-3, well you guys saw what almost happened
Overrated my ***. With that said, I'm a diehard Niner fan, lol.

Overrated my ***. With that said, I'm a diehard Niner fan, lol.
lol. just sayin. there schedule is ridiculously easy. everyone around here wanted to crown them super bowl champs 3 weeks into the season. i dont even think they are the best team in the division. Marshawn Lynch is going to poop on the Niners next sunday night

man. i know this isn't really the place to be talkin' football, but it's as if you're just not paying attention. their offense is plenty good enough, and that niners defense is so far from "overrated" that i'm personally embarrassed for your evaluative skills. no matter the lead they nearly lost, gutting out a road win in foxborough in the rain against tom brady and the #1 offense in the league is not "flukey." it's studly. get your vision checked, son...

;)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
\

Yeah, the Niner's won!!!!!!! I love the way you give selective credit. I was a lifetime Raider fan, until Al Davis ( I'd pee on his grave if given a chance) moved the team. Up until that time, I wasn't a Niner fan. Once the Raiders moved, I moved my loyality to the Niner's, and my timing couldn't have been better since Bill Walsh had just became headcoach and GM. The rest is history, Montana/Young Etc. Now history seems to be repeating itself, and don't give me that easy schedule crap. They play every team in thier division twice just like everyone else, and the rest of the teams they've played were considered good teams a year ago. The way the schedule is drawn up, is that the teams at the top get to play a tougher schedule than the teams at the bottom, and last year, unless you wern't paying attention, the Niner's were one of the teams at the top, and came one fumble away from being in the superbowl.

They have the number one defense in the NFL, and thus the turnovers for the Pat's. And, by the way, if the Niner's had stayed in man defense, instead of going to a zone, or prevent defense after they got the big lead, I doubt the Pat's would have come back like they did. But bottom line is, the Niner's won, and the Pat's lost. End of discussion!

Buccaneers fan.. moms side of the family lives in Tampa and I spent a lot of time there growing up. Something I share in common with Raider fans - since Super Bown XXXVII its all be downhill

bajaden

Hall of Famer
lol. just sayin. there schedule is ridiculously easy. everyone around here wanted to crown them super bowl champs 3 weeks into the season. i dont even think they are the best team in the division. Marshawn Lynch is going to poop on the Niners next sunday night
They played Green Bay who are 10/4 and the year before they went 15 and 1, and they beat Green Bay. They beat Detroit who are 4/10, but the year before they went 10 and 6. They played Minnesota, who is 8 and 6. They played the Jets who are 6/7, but the year before they went 8 and 8. They played New Orleans who is 6/8, but the year before they went 13 and 3. They played Chicago who is 8 and 6. There is no way of knowing how good of bad a team is going to be the next season. You know that as well as I do, so to say they had a ridiculously easy schedule is pure crap. You don't like the Niner's, fine, but don't exaggerate the facts.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I could go over the players at multiple defensive positions and ask who you'd rather have. I would start with three of our four linebackers. Aldon Smith is on the way to being defensive MVP.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Previous to the last two seasons there was close to 10 years of bad seasons in 49er land. Granted the ineptitude had not come anywhere close to what the Maloofs have been capable of. But people would say all of the same things like, "Who would want to play here?" and "what good coach would want to come here?". People also thought we had wasted most of our draft picks. But I knew the 49ers had talent. A change at GM and HC has made all the difference. The owners now stay out of it. How wonderful the past two seasons have already been. I never thought I'd get to see the drama of NFL football again like I did last night against the Pats. It was grand and I really enjoyed it. The playoffs are yet to come.

So for all the Kings fans who have lost hope, things can turn around very quickly. We need a new GM and coach. A GM with a vision for talent and an up and coming HC who has studied under the best and wants his shot.
The turnaround came when Denise (Bartolo) York and her husband stepped back and let their son Jed York take over the reins. Jed is much more like his uncle Eddie Bartolo and the team is relevant in good part because of that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Good lord. You're extremely talented. You can be annoying in two sports.

Yes, I saw what happened. The Patriots with Tom Brady at the helm at home nearly came back but an incredible performance by the 49ers kept that from happening. That showed poise and maturity on the part of Kaepernick way beyond his years and showed that the 49ers can fight back and win under the most adverse conditions.

i think they are overrated right now because they have a very easy schedule.
Uhh...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-15-dvoa-ratings

49ers had the most difficult schedule so far of any team above .500. They have the 2nd ranked defense and 3rd ranked offense in the league.

It is true that Seattle might be better, but 49ers are clearly one of the four best teams in the league and they are 4-0 against the the top 6 in DVOA (they lost to the Giants who are number 7).