April 13, 2011

I feel like the passion that was displayed at arco 1 and 2 is long gone. Maybe it is the combination of being bad for so long and just the passage of time in general.
Ive lived this team since i was a young kid of 12. I spent my saturdays being dropped off by my mom at the 1st arco to spend my entire day waiting in line so I could get tickets for the game that night. Went to the march on baseball when sacramento fans took hundreds of buses to take over the oakland coliseum and show the country that we were ready for baseball in sacramento. Cried when ricky berry killed himself and bobby hurley almost died on del paso blvd. Went to the airport to welcome webber and co back after a hard fought win or loss during the glory years. This city loved this team from the day they had their first intro to sacramento when they had that kings parade through old sac to the day the maloofs walked out of arco 2 for the last time. Since then it has been totally different. Vivek does not have the gravitas that the maloofs exuded. You can say whatever bad things you want about the maloofs but there was zero doubt that they were 100% in and they loved this team. Vivek is a bad owner and he has killed the love that this community has for this team. Before the kings totally killed my fandom when they drafted bagley, the love that was felt in the 2 previous arenas was already missing. Im willing to admit that maybe its just me. Im older and frankly I'm not willing to waste my precious time on a loser organization that doesn't seem to really care about getting better. It just hurt to watch that video with an emotional grant and jerry and remember how bought in kings fans were with this team. I felt it all the way up to that day. After that everything changed. I don't think we will ever see the jubilation of that early 2000's run again. It was a special thing going on between a team and city that really loved each other.

Thanks for posting that great video.

I feel like the passion that was displayed at arco 1 and 2 is long gone. Maybe it is the combination of being bad for so long and just the passage of time in general.
Ive lived this team since i was a young kid of 12. I spent my saturdays being dropped off by my mom at the 1st arco to spend my entire day waiting in line so I could get tickets for the game that night. Went to the march on baseball when sacramento fans took hundreds of buses to take over the oakland coliseum and show the country that we were ready for baseball in sacramento. Cried when ricky berry killed himself and bobby hurley almost died on del paso blvd. Went to the airport to welcome webber and co back after a hard fought win or loss during the glory years. This city loved this team from the day they had their first intro to sacramento when they had that kings parade through old sac to the day the maloofs walked out of arco 2 for the last time. Since then it has been totally different. Vivek does not have the gravitas that the maloofs exuded. You can say whatever bad things you want about the maloofs but there was zero doubt that they were 100% in and they loved this team. Vivek is a bad owner and he has killed the love that this community has for this team. Before the kings totally killed my fandom when they drafted bagley, the love that was felt in the 2 previous arenas was already missing. Im willing to admit that maybe its just me. Im older and frankly I'm not willing to waste my precious time on a loser organization that doesn't seem to really care about getting better. It just hurt to watch that video with an emotional grant and jerry and remember how bought in kings fans were with this team. I felt it all the way up to that day. After that everything changed. I don't think we will ever see the jubilation of that early 2000's run again. It was a special thing going on between a team and city that really loved each other.
No matter how good we become in the future (if we become good at all), the late 90s/early 2000s run will NEVER be duplicated. Those teams were just special, and unique.

With that being said, I am still holding on to the slight hope that, one day, we become a legitimate threat, and championship contender, once again.

I think it has everything to do with winning.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to bring a cowbell to Golden 1 and take 10 years off my hearing to watch the 12th place Kings play the Pelicans.

I think it has everything to do with winning.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to bring a cowbell to Golden 1 and take 10 years off my hearing to watch the 12th place Kings play the Pelicans.
You won't have to worry about that. Because the 9th place Kings will be playing the 10th place Pelicans for the right to play the 8th place Lakers. So, once you take your cowbell to the G1C to watch the first game, you can drive to Los Angeles with that same cowbell to watch the second. And, by the end of the second game, that cowbell will all be primed up for its run all the way to the NBA Finals, where we will clinch it on our home floor, in game 4 :D:D:D.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I dont think we’re ever going to win again, but IF they ever prove me wrong G1C will be rocking and it will be special pretty quickly. Even throwaway nothing games in a stretch of 16 futile awful embarrassing years can get hype in that building.

Whole heartedly agree. Even when teams were bad we bought in. The Vivek era Kings just feels so soulless, like it's a corporate sham. I don't know how to describe it other than it feels like it only exists to suck money from people and I don't feel a soul to the team anymore.

I agree with everything being said…I’ve been a die hard fan way too long but after the Magoofs left, being part of the Sactown Crown Downtown that Mike T and many others put together and keeping the Kings here in Sac and getting the G1C and a new owner my hopes began to soar like a Hawk. With that being said, we need stability in so many areas ——because right now we only have stability in losing. I get the moves don’t get me wrong, but come on…. Vivek isn’t “getting it” can he please just let the FO alone, the team , what 7-9 coaches just isn’t going to work whether Vivek gets mad at the end of season or smack dab in the middle of season hiring and firing. Yes we do need to make adjustments but SMH the constant turnover on both sides creates anything but stability. And how can the team “gel” ? The team walks in one day with one coach, his ideas… and then they go home for weekend come back to someone new and now another philosophy of game plan mid stream? Of course as a player they know they can be traded or released And I can’t even imagine the up and downs mentally they must go through.
I’m just hoping in “my time” I will feel the roar just like the old Arco1&2…. Those were the absolute best nights ever.