#ApplegateFire between Auburn and Colfax

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
CAL FIRE is fighting 7 fires that have already grown to 50 acres. #ApplegateFire in Placer County has grown to 50 acres and has forced evacuations for some homes in Weimar. In addition, it is being reported the cause of the fires is "suspicious." According to News10, "The first call regarding flames came into CHP dispatchers at 1:24 p.m. There was one call of someone throwing papers that were on fire out of a vehicle."

http://www.news10.net/videos/news/2014/01/23/4798489/

What the hell is wrong with people?!?!?!

This has been scary. I have a bunch of family in that area who are evacuated. Some are staying with me and some at other families house. By some miracle one of my families homes there was saved even though the 4 closest neighbors all lost theirs. Word is they had a more "defensible space." The firefighters not only saved the house but the livestock as well (horses, goats, dogs, chickens, etc...). Following the story was nerve racking. We kept hearing that it was on their street and that it was out of control. They were supposedly letting all the animals out to give them a chance to flee. Found out the next morning that the firefighters were able to protect it. So sad for those who lost their homes. Can't imagine what that might be like.