Any news about Tyreke's MRI?

I've done all the google and yahoo searches and can't find anything about Tyreke's MRI and the results. Has anyone heard anything?

BTW I don't know how long it takes to get MRI results so I may just be jumping the gun..

I sure hope he doesn't have anything serious. That's been the only positive thing about The Kings this season is that no one has had any prolonged or serious injuries.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Grant said today on Sportsline that the Kings would have a release about it tomorrow (Friday) regarding whatever the results are.

I sure hope he doesn't have anything serious. That's been the only positive thing about The Kings this season is that no one has had any prolonged or serious injuries.
Actually I hope it is something going on with his feet. Then it would explain his tenative and lackluster performance this season. I think he origionally hurt his foot in the Team USA Tryouts. When he got hurt, that was it for him on Team USA. A real shame because I think that would have been a very positive experience for him to have won in Turkey. But if the MRI turns out that nothing is wrong, then fans wont have anything to point to as an excuse for Tyreke's less than stellar play. He looks like he is playing hurt. He played much better last year, even though his jumper has improved greatly in the offseason. His ability to get to the rim and score at will has been greatly limited. It seems like his first step and his power to the bucket are both suffering. A foot injury would explain why Tyreke has looked limited in his play. Either way, I think he needs to rest his feet till he gets back to near 100%, He isn't exactly hurting the team, but he isn't helping the team as much as he was last season. When he is in the game, the other players expect more out of Tyreke then he is presently giving. Hopefully it is only a foot problem! There are many other reasons for poor play that are much more alarming. Lets just hope he has sore feet and when they heal he will play better.

Actually I hope it is something going on with his feet. Then it would explain his tenative and lackluster performance this season. I think he origionally hurt his foot in the Team USA Tryouts. When he got hurt, that was it for him on Team USA. A real shame because I think that would have been a very positive experience for him to have won in Turkey. But if the MRI turns out that nothing is wrong, then fans wont have anything to point to as an excuse for Tyreke's less than stellar play. He looks like he is playing hurt. He played much better last year, even though his jumper has improved greatly in the offseason. His ability to get to the rim and score at will has been greatly limited. It seems like his first step and his power to the bucket are both suffering. A foot injury would explain why Tyreke has looked limited in his play. Either way, I think he needs to rest his feet till he gets back to near 100%, He isn't exactly hurting the team, but he isn't helping the team as much as he was last season. When he is in the game, the other players expect more out of Tyreke then he is presently giving. Hopefully it is only a foot problem! There are many other reasons for poor play that are much more alarming. Lets just hope he has sore feet and when they heal he will play better.
reke isnt getting the points like he was last season cuz the defense is all focused on him. notice when he gets in the paint ther is 3 r 4 players wating for him. we dont have an outside threat so its gona b hard for him 2 do the things he does best till we get some more consisten shooters

K

Kingsguy881

reke isnt getting the points like he was last season cuz the defense is all focused on him. notice when he gets in the paint ther is 3 r 4 players wating for him. we dont have an outside threat so its gona b hard for him 2 do the things he does best till we get some more consisten shooters
Tyreke is not getting points because he has no lift and his explosiveness is not there. Has very little to do with the defense.

reke isnt getting the points like he was last season cuz the defense is all focused on him. notice when he gets in the paint ther is 3 r 4 players wating for him.
I'm thinking it's both.

Teams have adjusted, and rather than let Evans bully their PGs any longer, they're using zones and having their D collapse on the paint. I think that was to be expected. But I think he's also pretty gimpy lately. Both situations require immediate attention.

Tyreke is not getting points because he has no lift and his explosiveness is not there. Has very little to do with the defense.
do you even watch the games?!!? reke always beats whoever is guarding him but when there is another 3 guys wating for him! defenses know we dont have an outside game so they collapse the paint everytime reke takes it in

mild plantar faciitis

Sacramento Kings’ guard Tyreke Evans underwent a precautionary MRI yesterday in Sacramento which confirmed the diagnosis of mild plantar fasciitis in his left foot. The MRI also revealed that the plantar fascia is intact and there is no stress fracture.

Evans will continue his prescribed treatments of the combination of medication, sleeping in a night splint and walking in a boot when not playing or practicing. He has been cleared to practice and play.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/treke_evans_injury_update_release.html

Plantar fasciitis is crappy cuz he would have to rest for several months for it to really stop hurting but he is cleared to play on it so...... I guess he will play hampered until the season is over it really is quite a bummer.

I'm thinking it's both.

Teams have adjusted, and rather than let Evans bully their PGs any longer, they're using zones and having their D collapse on the paint. I think that was to be expected. But I think he's also pretty gimpy lately. Both situations require immediate attention.
well they did this last year, and he still was able to score. The biggest thing right now is that he really does lack the explosiveness from last year because of the current injury

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Question to the Board

Does Tyreke have to totally stop playing for this condition to get better?
Or, can it get better with the prescribed treatment while he is playing?

If he has to stop playing totally, then I'm wondering what that would do to his off-season program to improve his shooting? Would he have to totally stop his jump shooting?

Does Tyreke have to totally stop playing for this condition to get better?
Or, can it get better with the prescribed treatment while he is playing?

If he has to stop playing totally, then I'm wondering what that would do to his off-season program to improve his shooting? Would he have to totally stop his jump shooting?
As the resident physical therapist in training I'll take a stab at this one...

The best treatment for any overuse injury in the body generally begins with rest and activity modification. If activity modification isn't possible, then sometimes orthotics or shoe changes can reduce the loading on the involved structures. Medical treatments could involve the use of pain killers or corticosteroid injections to maintain function, but both serve to mask the symptoms, and neither provide tissue repair to solve the problem long term. Furthermore, repeated corticosteroid injections have been linked with decreased tissue strength and a greater risk for injury in the future.

The greatest torque on the plantar fascia occurs when the toes, especially the great toe extend. In the gait cycle this occurs during the final phase of single limb support, directly before the foot leaves the ground to advance during swing phase. Stiff shoes could limit this toe extension, and therefore decrease symptoms, but there is a trade off also with shock absorption.

The night splints are an excellent idea to prevent toe extension during sleep and allow the plantar fascia to heal more. Furthermore, any modalities to reduce inflammation, stretch the plantar fascia, and improve the strength of his intrinsic foot muscles will improve his condition. Since the plantar fasciitis is mild it should resolve with these interventions. I would estimate that he has a very favorable prognosis for recovery of full function well before the end of the season if he is consistent with his treatments and finds a pair of shoes to reduce the stretch of his plantar fascia.

Last edited:
I've seen this injury linger, and linger, and linger... Way too many times.

Sit 'im. A bottom-five team shouldn't worry about its W/L record, but it should worry about protecting assets. If sitting him for 2 weeks means 17 wins instead of the 24 they'd have gotten otherwise, BFD. By the way, it's probably more like 17 instead of 19.

K

Kingsguy881

do you even watch the games?!!? reke always beats whoever is guarding him but when there is another 3 guys wating for him! defenses know we dont have an outside game so they collapse the paint everytime reke takes it in
Yeah I watch the games. Last year they were packing the paint on him for the last 3 months of the season, but he is so crafty and his body control so good that he was still able to score, by jumping LONG and moving his body to get around players at the rim. They are not doing anything differently now than they were doing then. The difference is Reke's lack of being able to jump and cut like he could.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
As the resident physical therapist in training I'll take a stab at this one...

The best treatment for any overuse injury in the body generally begins with rest and activity modification. If activity modification isn't possible, then sometimes orthotics or shoe changes can reduce the loading on the involved structures. Medical treatments could involve the use of pain killers or corticosteroid injections to maintain function, but both serve to mask the symptoms, and neither provide tissue repair to solve the problem long term. Furthermore, repeated corticosteroid injections have been linked with decreased tissue strength and a greater risk for injury in the future.

The greatest torque on the plantar fascia occurs when the toes, especially the great toe extend. In the gait cycle this occurs during the final phase of single limb support, directly before the foot leaves the ground to advance during swing phase. Stiff shoes could limit this toe extension, and therefore decrease symptoms, but there is a trade off also with shock absorption.

The night splints are an excellent idea to prevent toe extension during sleep and allow the plantar fascia to heal more. Furthermore, any modalities to reduce inflammation, stretch the plantar fascia, and improve the strength of his intrinsic foot muscles will improve his condition. Since the plantar fasciitis is mild it should resolve with these interventions. I would estimate that he has a very favorable prognosis for recovery of full function well before the end of the season if he is consistent with his treatments and finds a pair of shoes to reduce the stretch of his plantar fascia.
That's good news. Thanks for the info!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think its a little of both. All the teams are jamming the middle and he's handicapped to boot. The combination of both are making it very difficult for him.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I remember Peja having this and also Doug Christie. Doug opted for a painful treatment that healed it faster while Peja opted to wait it out with rest and boots like Tyreke. It bothered Peja all year. Doug however was out for 2 weeks and good to go after that. Everybody here remembers Peja I bet only a handful remember Doug having the same.

K

Kingsguy881

Ok, so maybe we should look at this from a different perspective, for those who really think it is the defense. Let's say you are Steph Curry. Lets say you have a strained tendon in your shooting hand, and that every time you spread your hand on the ball to shoot it, there is a throbbing pain in the palm of your hand that makes it difficult for you to get a good feel on the ball.

Now poster A says that the defense has been bothering you more hence the fall of in your ppg and fg%. The defense has been playing you the same way for the past 4-5 months so the validity of this statement is questionable.

Poster B says that your hand hurts you, and because of that pain you have become reluctant to fire away like you used to, and the pain is also starting to get in your head because you expect it to be there even on shots that you don't feel the pain.

Does this make sense yet?

I would vote for his injury affecting his play more than anything. Last year teams were doing the same thing by packing the middle, but tyreke still got his. and that was with a worse jump shot than this year. Tyreke has no explosiveness this year and it is quite obvious during games. When he was healthy, nobody in the NbA could stay in front of him.

Last year they were packing the paint on him for the last 3 months of the season, but he is so crafty and his body control so good that he was still able to score, by jumping LONG and moving his body to get around players at the rim. They are not doing anything differently now than they were doing then. The difference is Reke's lack of being able to jump and cut like he could.
And yet, we went a Natt-like 10-36 (.217) between Jan. 12th and April 13th, even worse than we're doing this year.

I agree that he's kinda gimpy, but I don't ever want to see a repeat of late last season.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I remember Peja having this and also Doug Christie. Doug opted for a painful treatment that healed it faster while Peja opted to wait it out with rest and boots like Tyreke. It bothered Peja all year. Doug however was out for 2 weeks and good to go after that. Everybody here remembers Peja I bet only a handful remember Doug having the same.
Doug was out for about 6 weeks, not 2. He had the procedure 9-24-2004 and didn't play until 11-3, missing the team's first game of the season. He played 7 minutes in the team's final preseason game, five weeks after the procedure, but obviously wasn't ready yet.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And yet, we went a Natt-like 10-36 (.217) between Jan. 12th and April 13th, even worse than we're doing this year.

I agree that he's kinda gimpy, but I don't ever want to see a repeat of late last season.
At the point that peopel are casting aspersions hinting that a healthy Reke is somehow worse for the team than an unhealthy Reke, there is nothing left to say except that they need to get over it.