Another loss

^^ that's true..

this trip is so tough! we're only the 2nd team to start the season with the texas triangle.. and all 3 of them will have their home opener against us! we also had a back-to-back game vs the spurs after running around with dallas the previous night!

i'm optimistic that we'll win @ houston, though.. just because i think it's their 4th game in 5 nights, and they haven't been clicking that well together,too.. hmm i wonder how much that china trip took out from both teams..

You guys will beat the Rockets. The Mavs and Spurs are much better than the Rockets, I wouldn't be suprised if you guys win by double digits against the Rockets.

80 games left to go, im a happy with the effort tonight, started off hot, but the SA Spurs are too good defensively and are very deep , also very hard to open agiasnt the Texas Triangle, lets just get this losses behind us and get ready for the Rockets.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Thingsought to look up in HOuston... they are strugleing, we get a little rest adn the guys have to be motivated by the last few games. Now if they can get some practice in and get the startes on the same page and establish rotations.... all will be well.

HndsmCelt said:
Thingsought to look up in HOuston... they are strugleing, we get a little rest adn the guys have to be motivated by the last few games. Now if they can get some practice in and get the startes on the same page and establish rotations.... all will be well.
I agree, i felt that the rotation was problem, also we need to work on our double-teams, guys not switching or coming over fast enough, if we get that down , i feel we will be good agianst teams with super stars.

Is there is there any flow to the offense or does it seem more one-on one tyype ball from the kings??? I know this hasn't been an easy road trip by any means but I'm starting to get a little concerned about our offense. It seems we haven't cracked the 100 mark at all, including preseason and we are known for outscoring our opponents. Our defense has always sucked so not much to worry about there, except that they should be playing much better at that end too.

KingKong said:
Is there is there any flow to the offense or does it seem more one-on one tyype ball from the kings??? I know this hasn't been an easy road trip by any means but I'm starting to get a little concerned about our offense. It seems we haven't cracked the 100 mark at all, including preseason and we are known for outscoring our opponents. Our defense has always sucked so not much to worry about there, except that they should be playing much better at that end too.
After the 1st Q, no team flow whatsoever. :(

If we don't win at Houston then there should be some concern. Although we have played tougher teams Houston has had a real tough beginning to the season. First 3 games on the road and they play Friday night in Memphis. We will have been off for 2 days and should be fresh. Being in China is no longer an excuse but couldn't the NBA at least started out the Kings and Houston at home for a few games??? I remember when the Kings went to Japan they were off for about a week and then had about 3-4 straight home games.

Andriod_KiNg said:
80 games left to go, im a happy with the effort tonight...very hard to open agiasnt the Texas Triangle...
Happy with the effort? Not me. If you were watching the same game I was, you would've seen extremely poor effort off the boards (outrebounded by 18), a lack of effort in getting into offensive sets (too much one-on-one), poor effort on the defensive end particularly off the boards (gave up 18 offensive rebounds), and what appeared to be a look of a beaten down team throughout the game. Bibby and Barnes are the only players that I thought came to play and had good effort throughout, even though Bibby has given up too many turnovers in our first couple of games (6). The offense is stagnating, in tonight's game partly due to the Spurs' great half-court defense, and the team defense is poor. This will change. Once DC, Alexander, O-Tag, et al are healthy we'll see what this team is capable of. In the meantime these guys need to figure out ways to win games, and a big part of it is putting forth the effort to get it done. Hopefully we'll see that effort in Houston on Saturday.

You're right, what a difficult way to begin the season...in Tejas. I bet the guys can't wait to get home.

Last edited:
It sucks to have to open the season on the road, but to have to open up with the Texas triangle? That's as brutal as it gets. Not to mention the fact that we're banged up and didn't get a real preseason, as far as getting our veteran players ready for the season. I hope we do use this road trip as a slap in the face that nothing comes easy in the NBA, especially in the Western conference, and even more especially in the Southwest division. Rick Adelman better find a way to hold on to his job...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What's interesting is that if this was the middle of the season and we faced a tough road trip through the Hellpit of Texas, most people would be ecstatic if we managed to get one good win.

"They need to figure out a way to win games"? To me, that's a tad harsh especially with them just now starting to actually be able to play the starters together for more than a minute or two...

It's the beginning of the season. "Room for improvement" comments are for times like this...not "OMG. It's the end of the world" comments. Those can wait until at least January.

;)

VF21 said:
What's interesting is that if this was the middle of the season and we faced a tough road trip through the Hellpit of Texas, most people would be ecstatic if we managed to get one good win.

"They need to figure out a way to win games"? To me, that's a tad harsh especially with them just now starting to actually be able to play the starters together for more than a minute or two...

It's the beginning of the season. "Room for improvement" comments are for times like this...not "OMG. It's the end of the world" comments. Those can wait until at least January.
I didn't mean it as an "end of the world" comment. I understand that this trip is really hard, and the "room for improvement" comments you're looking for will start happening when the effort is there. I don't think my post reflected an "OMG" attitude, just one of frustration with the lack of effort. One instance that particularly stands out is later in the game when Miller had position for a rebound but didn't really even attempt to get the rebound. I think Ginobili or some other smurf grabbed it instead. That to me points to a lack of effort.

And YES, they DO need to figure out ways to win games in spite of the current situation, albeit winning these two might be asking a bit much for the reasons Superman mentioned. I sure as hell am not going to expect them to lose even when they should, and if the effort's there posts like mine hammering them for the lack of effort won't materialize. Maybe I was watching a different game than everyone else. To me, the lack of effort and a few dismayed looks on their faces were obvious.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HumboldtKing said:
I didn't mean it as an "end of the world" comment. I understand that this trip is really hard, and the "room for improvement" comments you're looking for will start happening when the effort is there. I don't think my post reflected an "OMG" attitude, just one of frustration with the lack of effort. ...
Oops. I should have spaced my comments better. My first response was to you. The final paragraph was more a general statement about the people who were already in panic mode.

My bad.

We all should also remember last year started out kinda rocky.

I want to see what happens when they start to click, if they just play one good game and go in the tank again I may be worried.

I think they will get a nice win a roll a few off.