And It Begins....Pelicans About to Talk to Tyreke Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Calm down. My goodness, did you think Tyreke wouldn't check the waters? There are people who think it would be fine if Tyreke leaves. Consider THAT nonsense.

Just remember, whatever number any team throws at him, we have the right to match......just depends on which direction the new ownership group/front office is leaning

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
the Pelicans? What? Did they find a taker for Gordon? Otherwise makes no sense.

Would be kind of amusing though given all the ridiculous smack the Pelicans TV announcers have talked about Reke over his career though.

Calm down. My goodness, did you think Tyreke wouldn't check the waters? There are people who think it would be fine if Tyreke leaves. Consider THAT nonsense.
My bad if I came off like I was really scared. I was just saying how much I'd hate if Tyreke left, not specifically just because he was meeting with the pelicans.

where would they play him??? they jrue holiday at PG and have Gordan at SG locked for a lot of money...i hope they sell him on being their SF-good luck with that

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Pelicans have $25M tied up in their starting backcourt. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they tell him, "We'd like to convert you to a full-time small forward. Have fun guarding LeBron and Durant."

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Uh, makes little sense with a Holiday/Gordon backcourt. My guess is this is posturing from Tellem to show PDA there is interest and we'll have to pay to bring Reke back. Nothing drives up the price like known competition.

But, those thinking Reke wouldn't have much interest have been lying to themselves all along.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/351526169134374912

This is not good. Did not expect this team.....what do we do if Reke leaves, and how do we fill his void?
And who do you think leaked this to Stein? Evans' agent, Ara Tellem. This is par for the course and totally predictable. I'd be incredibly surprised if an announcement like this wasn't leaked to ESPN. It's just an agent doing his job and trying to get the best deal possible for his client.

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
All part of the game. Those of you with weak stomachs might want to take up a hobby for a fortnight.

I recommend bowling.
For pleasure, not for sport.

And who do you think leaked this to Stern? Evans' agent, Ara Tellem. This is par for the course and totally predictable. I'd be incredibly surprised if an announcement like this wasn't leaked to ESPN. It's just an agent doing his job and trying to get the best deal possible for his client.
Yes I understand. It is just surprising it is the Pelicans that want to talk to Reke. Seems like there are going to be a bunch of teams trying to grab this guy....

I figured somebody was going to throw stupid money at him, didn't think it would be that team though. Now the Kings will have close to 20 million under if they amnesty Salmons. Go fill that SF spot please too big of a hole there for too long.

Not surprising in the least that teams are interested. As a player he has a right to talk to any team he wishes. The way the King's former owners and personnel handled his advancement as a player was laughable at best. We are lucky that he still wants to be here. At the same time, I am not too worried. We have an owner and a GM who know the value that Tyreke is and can be if developed properly. They will not let him get away unless they can find a big name replacement (unlikely unless something out of the blue comes up). Patience and belief in the new group will be key here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I figured somebody was going to throw stupid money at him, didn't think it would be that team though. Now the Kings will have close to 20 million under if they amnesty Salmons. Go fill that SF spot please too big of a hole there for too long.
We have no idea what kind of offer, IF ANY, the Pelicans are gonna make to Evans. Tellem is a very shrewd agent, and is going to work this as hard as possible.

They'll pitch the starting SG role and big minutes on the basis that they might trade Gordon but no guarantee? I don't know how much Tyreke will like that...
There is a 10 day period to get something done before anyone can sign plus whatever time it was before they matched on Gordon before he was traded. So they can have something worked out already or still have time.

Yes I understand. It is just surprising it is the Pelicans that want to talk to Reke. Seems like there are going to be a bunch of teams trying to grab this guy....
Its funny too. There are some posters here that thought interest in him was going to be very minimal, lol. He's gonna get more than we thought. He's gonna justify a team's faith in him next year too if he joins a team that gives him the ball.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
CD again on twitter pushing the, Reke wants a change of scenery position.

I'd really like to know if he's keyed in by someone trustworthy within the organization, or just a random fan saying stupid **** on twitter.

Last edited:
CD again on twitter pushing the, Reke wants a change of scenery position.

I'd really like to know if he's keyed in by someone trustworthy within the organization, or just a random fan saying stupid **** in twitter.
He likes Reke personally but has the misconception he is the main reason this team isn't good (i.e. ball stopper, no jumper, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.