Analysis Paralysis McNair

kb02

All-Star
A father has three sons. He gives each son a million dollars. One son takes the money and invests the money and subsequently loses it all. The next son takes the money and puts into a savings account, earning 0.01% each year. The last son takes the money and makes a million. Ten years later when the father is retiring, who does he name as his successor? Which one would be last in succession? And which one is Cold Feet Monte?

dude12

Hall of Famer
A father has three sons. He gives each son a million dollars. One son takes the money and invests the money and subsequently loses it all. The next son takes the money and puts into a savings account, earning 0.01% each year. The last son takes the money and makes a million. Ten years later when the father is retiring, who does he name as his successor? Which one would be last in succession? And which one is Cold Feet Monte?
You mean the guy who went with the bold pick of Mitchell instead of a safer pick in Moody?

kb02

All-Star
So what is your gripe now? And no, the bpa in this case was not so safe when you have a glut of guards already.
Did you read my last comment? The draft is a talent acquisition platform. You take the best available talent when it's your turn. That's not bold. That's the safe play.

kb02

All-Star
And if you'd go back a bit on threads over the last few weeks, I've been of the position that the Kings should take the best talent, even if that talent is Davian Mitchell though my preference would've been Bouknight. That's not revolutionary. That's backed by data. Drafting for fit brings the average talent of the team down long term.

kb02

All-Star
Doncic was the consensus BPA when we had the #2 pick but Mitchell was far from it at #9. BPA was extremely subjective once you get out of the top 4 or 5 in this years draft.
Absolutely. My BPA would've been Bouknight. Mitchell was obviously the BPA for the Kings.

So what is the analysis paralysis you are referring to?
1. ATL offered a first for Bogi. I believe the catch was the Kings needed to take back Snell. Gave monte a day to pull the trigger. He didn't. Processing time. Bogi walks.

2. LAL trade falls through.

3. Now Thompson trade. which may end up being in the Kings favor, so we'll see.

The pattern of "Announced" trades that fall through are mind boggling for a GM. He's had three if counting the Milwaukee fiasco (that one is not on him). And maybe 4 if the Thompson thing collapses.

Analysis paralysis.

1. ATL offered a first for Bogi. I believe the catch was the Kings needed to take back Snell. Gave monte a day to pull the trigger. He didn't. Processing time. Bogi walks.

The pattern of "Announced" trades that fall through are mind boggling for a GM. He's had three if counting the Milwaukee fiasco (that one is not on him). And maybe 4 if the Thompson thing collapses.

Analysis paralysis.
Funny all the Boston fans are blaming their new gm for botching the trade.

Analysis paralysis.
Ok Bogi should of been moved at the deadline before if he wasn't going to be retained but Vlade was the GM. I don't think we all know the timing details with the Bucks trade around the same time.

The Lakers simply took the deal they liked more.

Yeah I agree about TT, I would of rather signed a corpse on the minimum than trading for him.

Critiquing leadership is fair game.
Sure, when he does something worth critiquing. I think the TT trade, if it actually goes through, is bad, but understood if we thought Holmes wasn't coming back. Even though I do like Mitchell as a prospect now, I'm still extremely hesitant he passed on really quality wing talent or Sengun for a dude that likely doesn't start.

Analysis paralysis.
Actually the fact Bogi was surprised and pissed in Serbia is on Monte also. Bogi should never have been surprised.

Sure, when he does something worth critiquing. I think the TT trade, if it actually goes through, is bad, but understood if we thought Holmes wasn't coming back. Even though I do like Mitchell as a prospect now, I'm still extremely hesitant he passed on really quality wing talent or Sengun for a dude that likely doesn't start.
My critique of not getting at least a trade exception is fair game. We could well have done the Favors trade into the Bogi trade exception and gotten a future first.

This critique isn't even mean spirited. Kings hired a dude, who is heavy into analytics. The main takeaway is dude needs to up his processing time or go a little further out on the risk curve. In undergrad, I used to play chess with a math major--dude is an actuary now. Anyway, he would take 30 to 45 minutes between moves. I would go play videogames in between his moves. Our win/loss was like 55/45 me. And I suck at chess. Action > Pondering.

As for Mitchell, I've always liked him, so not too bummed about it even though I would've preferred Bouknight.

This critique isn't even mean spirited. Kings hired a dude, who is heavy into analytics. The main takeaway is dude needs to up his processing time or go a little further out on the risk curve. In undergrad, I used to play chess with a math major--dude is an actuary now. Anyway, he would take 30 to 45 minutes between moves. I would go play videogames in between his moves. Our win/loss was like 55/45 me. And I suck at chess. Action > Pondering.

As for Mitchell, I've always liked him, so not too bummed about it even though I would've preferred Bouknight.
Sometimes lack of action is better than.......bloated multi year contracts.....for example.....

I don't see a

Randolph
Kosta
Hill
Thornton
Jarl Thompandry
Cojo

ETC

All I can see so far is he drafted well last year. Has been reluctant to long term commit to anything besides Fox. Considering our past I'm not mad yet...

Yes he was. He had a whole article in Atlanta about waking up to news, being surprised and being pissed.
Per that article, he was. And was baffled at the lack of communication. And there was some implications from Bogi that he preferred to leave, because he didn't think the FO wanted him due to that lack of communication.