Woj: Kings let Bogi go

Bogi’s camp has let it be known he doesn’t want to be here if he’s not starting/Buddy is here.....and no, I’m not going to go find the link. They didn’t come out and have a press conference to announce it but it’s been alluded to more than once. Neither Bogi or Buddy have worked very hard to accept a role for the betterment Of the team and Walton has a hand in this as he’s the guy steering the ship and he sucks at it.
This is also true, I don't think Bogi is going to be happy coming off the bench either at this point of his career. That's why both guys need to be traded for assets if Bogi is retained. Walton won't be far behind them.

The longer we wait the more I feel we will not accept the contract. Teams seem to be moving fast on transactions, and if there are no viable trade options for Chavano (per Amick) then all we can do is wait for more rosters to fill up.

I say Chavano because he's way too petty to be anyone's Buddy.

Good luck finding playing time in Atl Bogi. Teams think he's a secondary ball-handler; he is not though. As stated he's pound the ball, drive into defender (cut-off) pound the ball, head down, not looking for teammates, cut off again, shot clock running down, forced shot, CLANK.

I'm ready to move on from both, see what (Ty)Rese can do, and see if Woodard can defend at the next level.
Teams pretty much wait.

This is also true, I don't think Bogi is going to be happy coming off the bench either at this point of his career. That's why both guys need to be traded for assets if Bogi is retained. Walton won't be far behind them.
No player is happy getting less minutes but some act like a professional (Bogi) and some are disruptive as hell (Buddy)

The tweets say what we all know. Bogi and Buddy don't work. At this point it's clear they detract from each other rather than compliment. We can't go into the season with both on the roster. The frustrating but smart thing to do is let Bogi go IF we can't move Buddy. I would be fine with whichever stays and whichever goes. But we can't keep both.
I see these comments but no comment what happens when/if Haliburton becomes as good as we hope. We know Bogi is a professional and Buddy is not. We know Bogi can teach Haliburton somethings and Buddy can not.

I don’t care if you have to move Buddy to Stockton. Having Buddy around Haliburton is too big a risk.

I see these comments but no comment what happens when/if Haliburton becomes as good as we hope. We know Bogi is a professional and Buddy is not. We know Bogi can teach Haliburton somethings and Buddy can not.

I don’t care if you have to move Buddy to Stockton. Having Buddy around Haliburton is too big a risk.
For the record, I'm in the move on from both camp, if that isn't clear.

No player is happy getting less minutes but some act like a professional (Bogi) and some are disruptive as hell (Buddy)
I don't know that it would continue to be the case for Bogi if the Kings matched the deal and still had Buddy on the roster. Especially if they went back to starting Hield.

But I don't see that happening. If the Kings can get a good deal for Buddy then it makes sense to deal Hield, match on Bogdanovic, and trade him a season from now.

If not, you let Bogi walk, start Buddy to hopefully increase his trade value and deal him when the right offer is there.

Trading Buddy for pennies on the dollar now just to keep Bogi makes little sense as the overall gains from eventually trading both wouldn't likely be any better than trading Buddy later when he hopefully has more value and teams aren't viewing the Kings as desperate to move him.

Possibly the worst move would be to match on Bogi without a trade for Buddy with the idea that you'll trade one or both "later". You'd have two unhappy players and either eliminate all minutes for Haliburton at SG or be forced to start Bogi at SF. That would leave you with 4 poor defenders and one average defender (Fox) as your starting lineup and keep this team on a treadmill of mediocrity.

Lol. At this point I legit can't tell if you're just trolling.

Write it down guys, new nickname, Buddy "Blastoma" Buckets. Turn on the sprinkler systems, Buddy Hield is a radioactive hazard!

right but in what order? Throwing Haliburton to the wolves with no summer camp doesn’t make sense. He needs a year to grow into his role.
If there's a deal for Buddy right now I think you take it and move Bogi down the road. If there is no deal you go down the less preferable route. I don't think either are going to be problematic for one year if the other is gone.

I'm not really sure what the problem with throwing Halliburton to the wolves is when there won't be any fans in attendance though. This is about an ideal time for a trial by fire as any player is ever going to get.

That might be relevant if Buddy was a free agent and hadn't just signed a multi-year deal with us.

I'm not sure why you would just pretend they're close to being the same thing.
As much as I personally hate it, players nowadays can demand trades whenever it suits their interest. If he knows he's being shopped, Buddy can express his preference, I don't see how that is a problem. I'll leave it to Slim to argue the merits of player power and letting them choose where they want to play; like I said, I personally hate it. But ultimately the team has control over him, and for all this talk Buddy still continues (at least during the season) to have a reputation as the hardest worker. I doubt Buddy, having repeatedly made known his desire to play in Sac along with Fox would want to be traded if he was put in a position to succeed. Walton did not do that.

To be clear, it's not that I think its a huge crime or immoral. It bothers me because it's dumb and hurts his value. If he wants out, cool, do it behind closed doors and see ya later. The social media stuff just hurts his value and makes him harder to trade. And the problem is I think Buddy just isn't smart enough to realise that.

It's not just that though. KD is exactly as you described but he's good enough that you put up with it. Buddy doesn't have that luxury, teams won't overlook his reputation if he develops one.

I personally don't care what players do on their own time or want them to conform. I just don't want them tanking their trade value.
I really doubt that actual GMs care about what players like on social media. Fans put so much stock into oh player X unfollowed player Y, but do NBA coaches and GMs actually care? If Buddy isn't receiving trade interest it's because of his poor play this past season and contract size, not because he liked 5 posts on instagram.

Just off the top of my head, you should at least remember these:

With the score tied vs Warriors and about 20 seconds left, he hit a drive over Draymond for the lead, grabed a defensive board on next possesion, and then 2 free throws to end the game.
Down 2 to OKC with also about 20 seconds left, he hit a 3 to take the lead by 1. Holmes than had a great defensive play to retain the lead and win.
He hit a winner against Memphis in an ISO drawn up for him.
I remember the Warriors one, can't recall the others. Fair enough and thanks for the reminders - but I don't think anyone can say Bogi is clutch and Buddy isn't. Here are some examples:

Aside from these end-of-game situations, he's also shot us back into many games when we were in big holes.

Honestly, I frikin hate Walton for this, because Bogi and Buddy in my mind are two excellent players that should be able to co-exist. We are in this situation thanks in no small part to Walton's pathetic coaching.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I remember the Warriors one, can't recall the others. Fair enough and thanks for the reminders - but I don't think anyone can say Bogi is clutch and Buddy isn't. Here are some examples:

Aside from these end-of-game situations, he's also shot us back into many games when we were in big holes.

Honestly, I frikin hate Walton for this, because Bogi and Buddy in my mind are two excellent players that should be able to co-exist. We are in this situation thanks in no small part to Walton's pathetic coaching.
I’m with you on blaming Luke, at least where Buddy is concerned. He was awesome under Joerger.

If we’re stuck with Buddy (likely, given his crap attitude/contract/play last season), I’d hope whatever coach we land after Luke gets canned can improve his value to the point where he’s movable, or we want to keep him.

I’m with you on blaming Luke, at least where Buddy is concerned. He was awesome under Joerger.

If we’re stuck with Buddy (likely, given his crap attitude/contract/play last season), I’d hope whatever coach we land after Luke gets canned can improve his value to the point where he’s movable, or we want to keep him.
It's Alvin Gentry, don't get your hopes up.

I actually think Fox Buddy Hali trio is fantastic. They all bring something different to the table. Hali is more than happy to accept a bench role so there is no problem with the pecking order. I fully expect Buddy to have a career year. If he does, we can either keep the three headed monster or trade him when his value peaks. His contract will start looking really good the season after next too if we decide to wait a bit longer. I expect Bogi to have close to a career year for Atlanta and lucky for him they will probably be in the playoffs

I don't know that it would continue to be the case for Bogi if the Kings matched the deal and still had Buddy on the roster. Especially if they went back to starting Hield.

But I don't see that happening. If the Kings can get a good deal for Buddy then it makes sense to deal Hield, match on Bogdanovic, and trade him a season from now.

If not, you let Bogi walk, start Buddy to hopefully increase his trade value and deal him when the right offer is there.

Trading Buddy for pennies on the dollar now just to keep Bogi makes little sense as the overall gains from eventually trading both wouldn't likely be any better than trading Buddy later when he hopefully has more value and teams aren't viewing the Kings as desperate to move him.

Possibly the worst move would be to match on Bogi without a trade for Buddy with the idea that you'll trade one or both "later". You'd have two unhappy players and either eliminate all minutes for Haliburton at SG or be forced to start Bogi at SF. That would leave you with 4 poor defenders and one average defender (Fox) as your starting lineup and keep this team on a treadmill of mediocrity.
we disagree on treadmill to mediocrity. With how that team would play defense (assuming Bagley is on the floor) it would be a solid 20 win team. :)

I actually think Fox Buddy Hali trio is fantastic. They all bring something different to the table. Hali is more than happy to accept a bench role so there is no problem with the pecking order. I fully expect Buddy to have a career year. If he does, we can either keep the three headed monster or trade him when his value peaks. His contract will start looking really good the season after next too if we decide to wait a bit longer. I expect Bogi to have close to a career year for Atlanta and lucky for him they will probably be in the playoffs
I expect both will have career years if they are separated. Bogi because this is going to be the longest period of rest/offseason he has had since joining the NBA and Buddy if he doesn't have to worry about getting benched for Bogi consistently may just be a bit more at ease. I'm not confident that either having a career year this year will be telling of an upward trajectory though.

I expect both will have career years if they are separated. Bogi because this is going to be the longest period of rest/offseason he has had since joining the NBA and Buddy if he doesn't have to worry about getting benched for Bogi consistently may just be a bit more at ease. I'm not confident that either having a career year this year will be telling of an upward trajectory though.
The problem Bogi may have in Atlanta is getting enough PT.

They now have Young, Huerter, Snell, Rondo, and Dunn as guards. They also drafted Skylar Mays but I suspect he'll only get G-League run this year.

And at SF they have Gallinari, Hunter, Reddish (who can also slide to SG) so there aren't many minutes there.

I'm not even sure what Atlanta is doing at this point.

I also wonder how much McNair & co actually want to deal Hield. I think if they don't match on Bogi it makes sense to be patient and let Hield rebuild his trade value. But Hield, Fox, and Haliburton could potentially be a very good three guard combo as you could play any combo of them.

If Bagley comes around and the Kings can add a stud SF or PF in the draft then maybe you have a good team moving forward.

They now have Young, Huerter, Snell, Rondo, and Dunn as guards. They also drafted Skylar Mays but I suspect he'll only get G-League run this year.

And at SF they have Gallinari, Hunter, Reddish (who can also slide to SG) so there aren't many minutes there.

I also wonder how much McNair & co actually want to deal Hield. I think if they don't match on Bogi it makes sense to be patient and let Hield rebuild his trade value. But Hield, Fox, and Haliburton could potentially be a very good three guard combo as you could play any combo of them.

If Bagley comes around and the Kings can add a stud SF or PF in the draft then maybe you have a good team moving forward.
What happens to his trade value when he's benched for Haliburton for better defense?

Yeah that Kings career 45% FG% and 42% 3P% sure hurt us right? Terrible! And that's including this horrendous season. I mean, if you want to talk about his defense and decision-making go ahead, but the idea of Buddy Hield's shooting losing us games on average is a weird choice of hill to die on.
Okay Mac, he can shoot.

Yeah, I'm unclear what Atlanta is doing tbh. It would be funny if we let him walk and they wind up having to eat their own poison pill due to a log jam of guards and SF.

I'm ready to move on from both, see what (Ty)Rese can do, and see if Woodard can defend at the next level.
I'm also ready to move on from both. The question is, what's the best way to do that for the Kings? Both of them should be real assets for us right now. But somehow we've gotten ourselves screwed since neither one is (an asset for us)! Or maybe Buddy will be an asset again some day - if we keep him for a while longer. But what makes anyone think that Buddy will stop airing his dirty laundry in public. He is who he is. He de-values himself.
If we match the offer for Bogi, we can't trade him (this year) and so we're either back to square one with both of them, or we trade Buddy for a bag of chips. I want someone's head to roll for this; I'm just not sure who's head.
Also, while I think the many Kingsfans who have turned on Bogi and re-written his narrative are nuts, I'm also going to be majorly annoyed with him if he goes to the Hawks without the Kings getting any compensation. It's not supposed to be that way for RESTRICTED free agents. Trade kickers should not be allowed in contracts for RFAs.
One other thing: maybe the NBA's investigation into the sign & trade with the Bucks will tell us who screwed us (if we didn't screw ourselves), but I would suggest there are plenty of suspects if you consider all the teams that are having wet dreams about signing the Greek Freak. Making the Bucks look bad increases the possibility of him signing with someone else. That's motive.

There is a full no trade clause for an entire season.
No there is not.
If there's a deal for Buddy right now I think you take it and move Bogi down the road. If there is no deal you go down the less preferable route. I don't think either are going to be problematic for one year if the other is gone.

I'm not really sure what the problem with throwing Halliburton to the wolves is when there won't be any fans in attendance though. This is about an ideal time for a trial by fire as any player is ever going to get.
You can destroy a kids confidence throwing him to the wolves. In the NBA that is an important factor