All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets are completely useless

good win by the Giants but I’m definitely worried about the rotation.

you hate to write off great season but when somebody like Gausman hits a wall it’s hard not to look at pretty much the rest of a 9 year career that more closely resembles what we are seeing than his first half did and think that it was a massive aberration.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mets are completely useless

good win by the Giants but I’m definitely worried about the rotation.

you hate to write off great season but when somebody like Gausman hits a wall it’s hard not to look at pretty much the rest of a 9 year career that more closely resembles what we are seeing than his first half did and think that it was a massive aberration.
Gausman and DiSclafani. Both career-long average joes. It’s a shame they are who they are. I’m just ecstatic the Giants didn’t do something stupid and try to extend Gausman midseason, because paying him like an ace would be an albatross.

Gausman and DiSclafani. Both career-long average joes. It’s a shame they are who they are. I’m just ecstatic the Giants didn’t do something stupid and try to extend Gausman midseason, because paying him like an ace would be an albatross.
Meh. I think Gausman is still an ace. He may not be the CY young candidate he was in the first half, but I think he still qualifies as a #1 with how he's pitched his last 200 innings for the Giants He hasn't been as good the second half, but also getting BABIP'd way harder and his HR/FB rate has tripled since the first half. Was probably getting somewhat lucky the first half, now getting significantly unlucky.

You can't afford to let him walk with how short we are on pitching and elite pitching depth in the minors. You'd have to have a ton of faith that Corry/Hjelle can come in and have an immediate impact next year.

Desclafani same thing. I think he's rediscovered his mechanics and he's back to being a quality middle of the rotation arm. His HR rate has doubled in the 2nd half and his BABIP allowed has jumped .100 points. But everything in his profile shows he can sustainably maintain #3 arm type production or a low-end #2.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m not saying let Gausman walk, but I’m not giving him near 100 million that he looked assured of getting pre-ASB. I’m offering what they offered MadBum.

Crazy to see the coliseum with such good attendance when the Giants have been at 50-60 percent capacity despite their record. I know the addition of Giants fans cause it but it’s still crazy considering how selling out used to be a given last decade but I’m not sure everybody is buying it just yet

Webb looking sharp again

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Crazy to see the coliseum with such good attendance when the Giants have been at 50-60 percent capacity despite their record. I know the addition of Giants fans cause it but it’s still crazy considering how selling out used to be a given last decade but I’m not sure everybody is buying it just yet

Webb looking sharp again
I was going to make the same comment about the attendance but I looked it up and they’re averaging 8000 or so. So looks like people have turned out big time for these games.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The Oakland A's bullpen is currently in the process of blowing their third save in the last three games. It's times like this that I wish I didn't like baseball so I could remain joyfully ignorant of such feelings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate the Padres so much.

It’s really disheartening to lose three games in three weeks … and lose ground on your lead. Freakin’ Dodgers.

Trash ump derailed that inning by making those way outside pitches a strike in the Estrada and Bryant AB’s. Loup didn’t have to throw anything to hit and our batters had to wildly expand their zones after that

Status
Not open for further replies.