All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of 3 from LA

2 of 3 from Houston

2 of 3 from Milwaukee

They just keep doing it.
Need Wood to gain some of his early season consistency back in the 4th slot, but this team is ready to go. Easily the best offense we've had in probably 20 years with insane depth to mix-match vs lefties and righties, Gausman/Desclafini/Webb have been a strong top of the rotation and the BP woes from last year seem to have been largely solved.

Logan Webb deciding to pitch like a #2 has been one of the better stories of the year at just 24 years old. Truly been a breakout year so far for him.

I’m tired of the Giants having these “grind it out” closers every year..even Wilson, Romo, and Casilla ultimately got the job done and Romo atleast had a closer quality kill pitch with his slider but a water balloon fastball that didn’t compliment the slider but even with them technically be all you really should ask for… the prototypical closer has always eluded the Giants…i want a guy with straight filth that overpowers hitters. It seems so many other teams have them as closers and even set up men or maybe it’s just grass is greener perception. I want the closer that is for sure to easily strike out 2 of the batters he faces, if not the side on most nights. I want his stuff to look unhittable for atleast 15 pitches. Not this middle relief level stuff,

I want to be shocked when he blows the lead. I wasn’t shocked McGee blew the lead just now

Anyway, Giants win again

SLAB

Hall of Famer
McGee’s been pretty incredible all season except for tonight. Sure he only throws a power fastball but it’s been working!

The Field of Dreams game is on tonight! The field is about 40 minutes from my place, too bad I can't attend. This will be really great for the state of Iowa since we don't have any pro teams in the major sports. I am hoping they eventually get the Cubs to come since a ton of Iowans are fans.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The great thing about the A’s trading all their prospects for rentals is that they are now inexplicably one of the most explosive teams in baseball.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The great thing about the A’s trading all their prospects for rentals is that they are now inexplicably one of the most explosive teams in baseball.
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) the top prospects we traded weren't even that good anyway. We have like 6 decent minor leaguers in our entire system right now. 17-0 games are fun though! I hope they bring this kind of firepower to our 6 remaining meetings with Houston. If they at least split those 6 games I like our chances of pulling out a division win. The pitching staff has really found their stride lately.

Also; the Giants got LaMonte Wade Jr for a guy who’s been cut by at least 4 teams now. Farhan’s a genius.
he really is. It's pretty amazing the team he's assembled and the biggest FA contract he's given out is 3yrs/18 mil to La Stella. Who's been hurt the whole year...

I think Kris Bryant is going to be his big splash he's been waiting for though. Perfect Farhan player with his versatility to play all over the field and compliments all the LH we have in the LU.

Giants extend Crawford 2/36. Well deserved with this season he’s having and the perfect bridge for Luciano!
Well-deserved. He and Posey have more than earned it. What's nice is you can really focus on keeping them fresh and healthy as we work Luciano and Bart into the big-league club. Probably ways you can play them together at 2B too.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Again...I want my closers to have filth.
I still have faith in the Fastball Man.

No one was complaining when he essentially threw a zero on the board for two straight months.

That said, I also loved Santiago Casilla and thought he got far too much ****** from the fanbase, so maybe I’m just too lenient with mid-level power closers.

I still have faith in the Fastball Man.

No one was complaining when he essentially threw a zero on the board for two straight months.

That said, I also loved Santiago Casilla and thought he got far too much ****** from the fanbase, so maybe I’m just too lenient with mid-level power closers.
Casilla had great stuff to be a closer. His biggest problem was control. He would get behind and then put a fastball right down the center of the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.