All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
It really is absurd how good the A's are despite their ownership seemingly trying to actively torpedo their chances by refusing to re-sign their former MVP finalist shortstop and burning every single bridge possible with the city of Oakland.
I can't help thinking they're one big bat short this year without Marcus Semien or the good version of Khris Davis from literally right before he signed his contract extension in 2019. If they still had one of those two dudes I'd be thinking WS right now. But maybe they've got just enough offense if Chapman and Murphy both continue to bounce back to their 2020 output. I just hope they can sustain this success long enough to get shovels in the ground on a new Oakland ballpark. I don't want to give up hope yet.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Watching Julio Urias frustrated beyond belief and self-destructing because he can’t use sticky stuff anymore is freakin’ hilarious.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Remember when I said Yaz was going to be a flash in the pan and that the Giants would lose 100 games this season? #lol
The Giants have been the most complete roster in all of MLB this year with vintage performances from basically all of their veteran position players, an effective bullpen, starting pitching depth, and a top of the rotation starter who would easily be the Cy Young favorite if not for whatever alien has possessed the body of Jacob deGrom. They really seem like a team of destiny this year. With a 3 game series against Oakland coming up in a couple days I selfishly hope they go through a cold stretch pretty soon but 47-26 is no flash in the pan fluke. It's time to admit that they're simply the best team in baseball right now until/unless someone else comes and knocks them off the throne.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Giants have been the most complete roster in all of MLB this year with vintage performances from basically all of their veteran position players, an effective bullpen, starting pitching depth, and a top of the rotation starter who would easily be the Cy Young favorite if not for whatever alien has possessed the body of Jacob deGrom. They really seem like a team of destiny this year. With a 3 game series against Oakland coming up in a couple days I selfishly hope they go through a cold stretch pretty soon but 47-26 is no flash in the pan fluke. It's time to admit that they're simply the best team in baseball right now until/unless someone else comes and knocks them off the throne.
Can’t forget about Anthony DiSclafani either. He’s exactly one bad start from nearly having Gausman numbers as well. Guy is 8-2 with a 2.77 ERA, and that includes a start where he gave up EIGHT earnies. Heck of a one-two punch.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
This is one of the craziest games of baseball I have ever watched.
Picking on the LAAoA is a good time and all, but is it too much to ask for the boys in black and orange to do their East Bay cousins a favor and apply the same level of shellacking to the Houston Astros next month? There's a good chance they said lots of bad things about all of your mothers and now they're laughing about getting away with it.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
1; Extra innings isn’t baseball anymore, idk if my team wins or loses because of it.

2; This season is freakin’ MAGICAL.
Oakland needs to just waive Sergio Romo and Burch Smith at this point before they blow any more games. We're in trouble if we go into the second half of the season with only 3 arms in the bullpen who have shown that they can be trusted but we're in even worse trouble if we're still relying on relievers with 5+ ERAs in winnable games and hoping to take the division.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think the real Giants have arrived. Injuries have finally caught up and the once super-strength of the depth have reverted to what they were.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Thank goodness the DBacks are well… the DBacks. The Giants needed a cakewalk series, even though they made it harder than it needed to be.

Hopefully they play better against a real team (Cards) tomorrow. First time seeing Goldschmidt and Arenado together. Against the Giants. In the same lineup. That’s scary.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
And not surprisingly, the team that has actual major league talent is going to win. The Giants are not good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.