All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
On the plus side for MLB, maybe they can finally get a commissioner that knows what he's doing once they have to fire Manfred for his latest nonsense

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It appears all the Giants needed to be good was for their closer to get absolutely annihilated by the A's two nights in a row.
Idk how, but It also somehow taught Gabe Kapler to stop managing like a dang robot. Those two loses were the best thing to happen to this season.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
End of an era as the Giants released Pablo Sandoval. Just never found his swing again after Tommy John. This one hits hard... :(

#ThankYouPanda

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well crap; the Giants game just got postponed because of a positive test within the organization.

Please just be one guy... don’t be the Marlins or Cardinals.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow, I don’t recall that at all. I had to go check the Wiki to see if it was accurate. Lol
it should be noted that the best player from that team promptly went on to become the most injured man in baseball, culminating in him breaking his ankle stepping in a gopher hole at his ranch and then coming back this season only to promptly give up on the Mets literally in the middle of a game without telling anyone.

it should be noted that the best player from that team promptly went on to become the most injured man in baseball, culminating in him breaking his ankle stepping in a gopher hole at his ranch and then coming back this season only to promptly give up on the Mets literally in the middle of a game without telling anyone.
And I own that man’s A’s jersey. Bought two months before the All-Star on a legit contender was traded at the deadline.

Rich Teams
Poor Teams
50 Feet of Crap
Oakland A’s Baseball

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hunter Pence officially retires (sad) and the Giants cut Samardzija (good riddance).

I really wish this final season would have gone better. I wasn’t asking for much, just ride off into the sunset on a positive productive season, make the playoffs, and win one more World Series. :p

Do it for Hunter now, Giants.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Oh my god they actually did it! Does that make them 1-9 now in their last 10 winner take all playoff games? Made us sweat it down to the last out too. Bring on the Trashtros! Let's sweep the cheaters out of the playoffs!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Khrush Davis finally remembering he’s one of the best pure mashers in baseball is a stunning development that potentially changes things big time.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The only reason this game isn't tied right now is that Houston had an error which cost them a run and the A's had an error which extended an inning and resulted in 4 runs. So we're back to the typical A's post-season BABIP shenanigans. Also I don't think Houston has won a game yet this post-season where the other team didn't gift them a handful of runs. So frustrating. The A's have been coming back to win games in the 8th and 9th inning a lot this season though so I'm not counting them out yet.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The ball flies out of Dodger Stadium in daylight hours (before the marine layer sets in).
Good thing this whole series is scheduled as day games then? o_O No, that's probably a bad thing. Not that the A's don't have plenty of power of their own, but that was the first time in 8 tries that the Astros have beat the A's in a 9 inning game this year and you have to figure if this were a normal afternoon game at the Coliseum that 5 runs would have been enough. Can't get too caught up in one game tough. We'll try it again tomorrow.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Well, it's fitting that this post-season ends on a BS strike call that would have loaded the bases. Add that to the Matt Olson homerun that Reddick robbed in the 4th inning and I'm going to say that the A's offense brought the tie-ing run to the plate in the bottom of the 9th. Yeah it's a bit of a stretch but the hitters did their job in this series. The best bullpen in baseball this season coughed up 17 runs in 4 games and the starters weren't much better so what are you going to do. The Astros don't even deserve to be here so I hope someone else manages to knock them out in embarrassing fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.