All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Roberts is overmanaging this. He’s starting Knebel instead of Urias. Probably to counter the Giants righty lineup … but that said lineup hasn’t hit Urias in like 4 starts? So why?

It’s going to be interesting to see how Kapler responds. He should really just stay the course. If he goes full line change after the opener costing players and depth for the later inning situations Dave actually wins this.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Y’all will be shocked to hear my confidence level is at zero. I’ve been saying for months the Dodgers will catch the Giants … just so happens it’s going to be in the playoffs now.
I get it, but there's no shame in losing to this Dodgers team, which is probably one of the most if not the most talented team ever assembled. Giants weren't ever supposed to be in this position.

What Im more pissed about is our reward for having the best record on baseball is playing by far the 2nd best team for our first playoff series. Hopefully they rework the playoff seeding where the 3 division winners still make the playoffs, but your playoff seeding is based off of record. It's just bullcrap a 107 win team has to play the 106 win team first round.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I get it, but there's no shame in losing to this Dodgers team, which is probably one of the most if not the most talented team ever assembled. Giants weren't ever supposed to be in this position.

What Im more pissed about is our reward for having the best record on baseball is playing by far the 2nd best team for our first playoff series. Hopefully they rework the playoff seeding where the 3 division winners still make the playoffs, but your playoff seeding is based off of record. It's just bullcrap a 107 win team has to play the 106 win team first round.
100 this. And you know seldom a word is gonna be said if the Giants lose but it will be an absolute travesty everyone talks about if the mighty Dodgers go down.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
David giving Gabe all night to get into his own head. And lol the replies “SUCH CLASS MUCH RESPECT!” There’s no class here, it’s gamesmanship.
Classic Kafka trap. If he tells him the night before, it's gamesmanship. If he waits until lineups are announced, it's gamesmanship. No matter when he makes the announcement, it's gamesmanship.

Webb 51 pitches thru 5 innings. Another masterful performance. Come on Giants bats - wake up!! Webb doing his part again - so far.
CORRECTION: 72 pitches (that tiny box showing hard to see).

Last edited:
Great performance by Webb pitching and fielding his position in a huge game. Unfortunately it may turn out he had to be perfect.

Too bad the offense has been easily schemed against because they are incapable of manufacturing a run when they aren’t leaving the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.